Sign in to follow this  
DJKhaled

For the millionth time magazines are NOT clips!

I've played CoD and Battlefield that qualifies me to be a weapon expert, I can confirm that magazine are loaded into clips and clips are loaded into guns.

Don't make assumptions, they make an ass out of both you and me.

Seriously though, it's for people who are into gun culture what you and you're are for people who like grammar. I don't see how having correct knowledge is bad because of where the knowledge came from.

If anything, video games are more likely to teach people the wrong terminology. Much like the US government and media use it incorrectly regularly. You do earn points for attempting to increase my rustle status into maximum overrustle, where as currently this only bugs me to medium rustle.

dealwithitneti.gif

Oh my sides.

oh..look..this thread again.

If you only came here to post that, all you did was give me a free bump.

Edited by IVAN CHESNOKOV

here..have another one well.

badoomp.

I blame America for basically everything, the mag/clip thing is definitely highest on my list though, just above bubble wrap..which is actually Inflated Cushioning. Drives me insane and cause's me to post corrections on every packaging site i can get to in my waking hours.

Dont even start on the your your'e thing either..

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/44112-clips-vs-magazines-ods-guide-to-not-sounding-like-an-idiot-when-talking-about-ammo/page__hl__%20magazine%20%20clip

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47702-clip-magazine-and-round-etc/page__hl__%2Bmagazine+%2Bclip

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6643-a-brief-lesson-about-guns/page__hl__%20magazine%20%20clip

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23904-terminology/page__hl__%2Bmagazine+%2Bclip

etc etc :)

Edited by Hetstaine

are they bullets or rounds <_<

To be fair I use the terminology interchangeably because people who don't reload cases don't understand. Technically bullet refers to the tip where as rounds refer to the entire bullet (bullet+case/powder+primer)

here..have another one well.

badoomp.

I blame America for basically everything, the mag/clip thing is definitely highest on my list though, just above bubble wrap..which is actually Inflated Cushioning. Drives me insane and cause's me to post corrections on every packaging site i can get to in my waking hours.

Dont even start on the your your'e thing either..

etc etc :)

I understand people learn best through rote, therefore repetition is helpful. Those who persist are either ignorant or wilfully doing it to be an ass.

All good Ivan, i'm just ragging ya man ... a clip is what you get off your dad when he busts you pilfering his beer ;)

are they bullets or rounds <_<

To be fair I use the terminology interchangeably because people who don't reload cases don't understand. Technically bullet refers to the tip where as rounds refer to the entire bullet (bullet+case/powder+primer)

I understand people learn best through rote, therefore repetition is helpful. Those who persist are either ignorant or wilfully doing it to be an ass.

Actually they are cartridges. Calling them bullets/rounds (which are the same things, and represent the physical ballistic). Cartridge is the complete combination of Bullet/Round, Shell/Casing, Powder/Propellant. So, there... that should knock the op off his high horse. Op, who cares?

Edited by Dreygar

I've played CoD and Battlefield that qualifies me to be a weapon expert, I can confirm that magazine are loaded into clips and clips are loaded into guns.

And one of those is to be unloaded into other players...

Merged those bad boys.

• Like 1

I'm still confused. Did I just find a Stanag clip or magazine at Stary?

Game doesn't call it a "Stanag clip" So either you're illiterate or failing at being amusing?

Merriam-Webster dictionary now defines a clip as "a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also :a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm". However, this usage is technically incorrect. In the correct usage, a clip is used to feed a magazine or revolving cylinder, while a magazine or a belt is used to load cartridges into the chamber of a firearm. In essence, the clip stores the rounds of ammunition before being inserted into the magazine, which houses the clip inside for use by the firearm. Most weapons that use clips, such as the M1 Garand, utilize the clip by loading it directly into the firearm.

So It's really an interchangeable term. If you are that uptight that slightly incorrect useage of terms (that is common) annoys you then yeah, I think you need to step away from the computer for a while.

Do you use the terms Mib and MB correctly ? ... if not then gee... how horrible of you . . .

I think most of this kind of thing is people posing as 'military' type people, when really if you have to go this far to prove to yourself... errrr i mean others, that you are 'something badass' ...

kind of sad really.

FbUyC.jpg = ROUND/CARTRIDGE

B4pKL.jpg = BULLET

Stop calling everything a clip and referring to a round as a bullet

Thank you for your time

Referring to a round as a bullet is correct, and would originate from ball ammunition. The ball was the "Bullet/Projectile/Round" and it was called a round... Anyone know why? Hmm...

Edited by Dreygar

Calling a clip a magazine doesn't change the fact that when you pull the trigger a bullet (or is it a round?) comes out.

^^I guess when you pull the trigger, you release the firing pin, which detonates the primer, ignites the gun powder, which causes the round to separate, propelling the projectile forward, cycling the bolt, extracting the cartridge from the chamber and ejecting it.

I think it's reasonable for a sergeant in the military to force a recruit to choke himself if he confuses a clip and a magazine, however civilians have been raised on Tango and Cash movies and learned that a clip is a magazine. So it's all about the context and who you're talking to.

No need to get an aneurysm over this.

Fact: A clip IS a magazine. I know this from being brought up on 80's action films.

• Like 2

Photo copy NOT "Xerox"

Loud speaker NOT "Tannoy"

Vacuum Cleaner NOT "Hoover"

• Like 1

Every instance of a squabble over semantics owes to the fact that every single word you can think of is derived from some colloquialism back-in-the-day.

If people have been misinformed, they shouldn't hold all the blame. It's the fault of the action films of the '80s US, where Gas is a liquid. :thumbsup:

How about exsample: M1 Garand?

Its "clip-fed", is this clip magazine... im confused! As this weapon has fixed magazine so does it have now 2 magazines, one inside each other??

As this clip is used to feed ammo as magazine so???

Edited by Zeppa

en bloc clip

SjCNr.jpg

The clip (in this persons' right hand) holds rounds, which are fed into the fixed magazine within the rifle

EDIT: This is an M1 Garand + En bloc clip.

Edited by Chabowski

People who like nitpicking cares, I dont ^^

Just teasing people who seem to take this thing so seriously :thumbsup:

Edited by Zeppa