Sign in to follow this  
DJKhaled

For the millionth time magazines are NOT clips!

look at me' date=' I know lots about guns in real life hurrdy durrdy.

honestly, who cares, I knew which each was, but I honestly couldnt care what others refer to them as. if somebody says I have a lee enfield mag in here... Im going to know what they mean.

its just being pedantic for the sake of it to make yourself feel big. its entirely irrelevant, and in the real apocalypse, you are the guy we shoot 'accidentally' for being annoying.

[/quote']

Just sayin......when I'm playing and everyone calls it clips and bullets it makes them sound like a bunch of rappers or 13 year old kids. Have to learn sometime, so that is the purpose of this thread, also with this being a military simulator and all

Also I doubt you even know how to shoot or operate a real gun if there were ever a zombie apocalypse. You mad?

I actually appreciate this. I was unaware of the bullet/round deal. The only question I have is what do I call the revovler speedloader things? Are they clips because they're a group of round being held together outside of a magazine? Or are they just speedloaders?

I actually appreciate this. I was unaware of the bullet/round deal. The only question I have is what do I call the revovler speedloader things? Are they clips because they're a group of round being held together outside of a magazine? Or are they just speedloaders?

It's called a moon clip.

It's called a moon clip.

Ah okay, thanks. Would it be incorrect to say "Do you have any clips for my revolver?" in game just to save time?

I don't understand why everyone is getting so angry. Just sharing some knowledge. There was a time I called magazines as clips because of the media and stuff.

Correct:

-I just found 3 magazines for my M4

-I have 60 rounds left for my AK-74

Incorrect:

-YO DAWG I ONLY GOT 10 BULLETS LEFT FOR THA AK

-OMG BRO JUST FOUND A TON OF M4 CLIPZ

Holy hell. it's funny how any attempts at education on the internet are met with so much derision and sarcasm. If some of you just kept your mouths shut sometimes, you might occasionally learn something. TIL about moon clips, for instance.

Edit: Also, if "magazine" is too long for you, just say "mag".

Ah okay' date=' thanks. Would it be incorrect to say "Do you have any clips for my revolver?" in game just to save time?

[/quote']

It's still a clip, whatever floats your boat man.

I say 'Oh look, I found some ammo' and everything is ok, or do you frown upon me not using the correct term ammunition.

How anal do you have to be that people using clip instead of magazine makes you go to the forum and try and change what are now widely interchangeable terms in most people's day to day conversation.

I say 'Oh look' date=' I found some ammo' and everything is ok, or do you frown upon me not using the correct term ammunition.

How anal do you have to be that people using clip instead of magazine makes you go to the forum and try and change what are now widely interchangeable terms in most people's day to day conversation.

Haha, I think the same thing. Who cares wtf people call it, you know what they are talking about. Some people just love to bitch about the smallest insignificant little things.

FYI guys they aren't zombies, they're infected humans....

God.... you people!

I read this thread while sitting on my Davenport in the parlor. Made me laugh.

I say 'Oh look' date=' I found some ammo' and everything is ok, or do you frown upon me not using the correct term ammunition.

Haha, I think the same thing. Who cares wtf people call it, you know what they are talking about. Some people just love to bitch about the smallest insignificant little things.

But... but... what if ingame you ask me to give you a clip and I actually give you a clip, you won't be able to load it into your M16 or AK! Unless... you have some spare empty mags on you, then you simply load the bullets into the empty mag! :D

The problem is that it's so hard to find clips for the FN FAL in chopper crash sites. I run out of bullets with it all the time.

People don't want to learn. Leave the ignorant masses in their own filth, and hit them in the head with a bullet that erupted from a cartridge contained in a magazine that was filled with a series of clips.

To us gun loons, you guys saying "Hey dude, you got a clip for my shotgun?" is like anyone telling you that he's going to give you an assault rifle, but instead offers you a crowbar while saying "Nuke bomb, axe, what's the difference? It kills people!".

In this thread: people get offended over the possibility of learning to refer to things in a way that won't instantly mark them as ignorant to people.

If you've ever seen someone think their monitor is their computer or someone who refers to their tower as the hard-drive, that's more or less how misuse of 'clip' sounds to people knowledgeable of firearms.

I wouldn't really feel comfortable knowing I was going around sounding like a pleb in anything really, nobody wants to be 'that guy'- well except for some posters in this thread apparently.

Stop calling everything a clip and referring to a round as a bullet

Thank you for your time

This is very important if you play with people who take a zombie rpg mod extremely serious. On the other hand you can also just call it whatever you want and have fun with other people who couldn't care less.

Thank you for your time

stop demanding proper usage from gamers. anal retentive d-bag. Word to the wise. I find the game still works just fine if i want to call a bullet an angel fart.

In this thread: people get offended over the possibility of learning to refer to things in a way that won't instantly mark them as ignorant to people.

If you've ever seen someone think their monitor is their computer or someone who refers to their tower as the hard-drive' date=' that's more or less how misuse of 'clip' sounds to people knowledgeable of firearms.

I wouldn't really feel comfortable knowing I was going around sounding like a pleb in anything really, nobody wants to be 'that guy'- well except for some posters in this thread apparently.

[/quote']

In the pantheon of ignorance, not labeling armaments with the proper term whilst in discussion with some cheetoh stained wife beater wearing guy 4 states over comes in a distant second to say something truly ignorant, such as racial ignorance.

I would actually posit that overbearing elitism is a bit more off putting, especially when coupled with the desire to point out frivolous mistakes others make. The English language is entirely arbitrary from the ground up. Simply put, who gives a fuck.

• Like 1

= MAGAZINE

= MAGAZINE

= CLIP

= ROUND/CARTRIDGE

= BULLET

Thank you for your time

love you :heart:

So, OP, is it ok if I say: "I'm shooting bullets"? Right?

Also, please try to understand that the average joe is an ignorant (not an offence) about anything military-related.

It's like mistaking "car" with "vehicle".

Please, PLEASE, point your anger forward real problems like general attitude in game instead of names.

The problem is that it's so hard to find clips for the FN FAL in chopper crash sites. I run out of bullets with it all the time.

Troll detected. :sleepy:

MdfOa.jpg = MAGAZINE

tE9gW.jpg = MAGAZINE

PAaS0.jpg = CLIP

FbUyC.jpg = ROUND/CARTRIDGE

B4pKL.jpg = BULLET

Thank you for your time

haha' date=' i feel your pain brother. unfortunately its probably in vain. after all of my years as a competitive shooter, us army, and weapons instructor... general population still wont get it. there just isnt that respect for weapons, because most of the kids on this game have never had the great experience to handle/fire any of them.

[/quote']

weapon doesnt deserve any respect, as much as people using it in real life. Fucking asshole.