A Bush killed me

No Respawn button now? /sigh

Is this true, was the respawn button removed? If so, then this is a very good change indeed.

EDIT: Oh, is this meant for a later patch?

Edited by Ratfever

Stop dying and/or giving up so much? But yeah, most people just abuse it to spawn where they want.

Hmm, has anyone considered new players spawning in the debug plains with no compass...... could be very time consuming.....

Is this true, was the respawn button removed? If so, then this is a very good change indeed.

EDIT: Oh, is this meant for a later patch?

It's for Wednesday's patch!

I can't wait for the whining to blow over in a week as everyone realizes it isn't a big deal and vastly improves the immersion of the game.

Then the hive has to track how long it has been since your last death and report back with a response. Causes server load.

It already knows when you died. The load caused by such a query would be miniscule. The central database isn't even at max capacity now. Besides, game servers could cache that data. You don't know what you're talking about.

People should let developers raise technical objections. Everything about DayZ flies in the face of "that wouldn't work." I just don't understand the motivations of people who like to irrationally shoot down others' ideas.

Edited by Junos

New and interesting ideas!

1 # Run through cherno with your mic on playing some wubstep, You'll be shot soon enough.

2 # Run up to a zombie and let it rip.

A bush killed me was killed

It's kind of annoying isn't it?

I have dissables Death Notices on my server ...

+1 to the idea, I noticed a change in performence since I updated my server this morning.

A solution could be to let people chose where thay want to spawn, or give them a "preference list" of 2-3 spawn points and the game spawns you in one of those points at random.

He should just put a 10 min timer on respawn.... that would fix the constant spawn location and still be able to RAGE QUIT with broken leg....

So much angst in here! People so worried that their favorite pasttime will be ruined! That it might change! That it might not stay just the way it is forever! I'm beginning to think we really don't have lives (myself included)! Thankfully, Rocket knows what he's doing--otherwise we wouldn't even be here.

What's really sad is that people won't even listen to Rocket's pleas to treat others with decency in the forums. People take this (anti)game more seriously than real life.

Respawn should only be an option if you spawn in Kamenka.

What's wrong with Kamenka? Three deer stands on the way north, on the way away from the evil, dangerous coast. DayZ is so much more than Cherno and Elektro.
There, problem solved. In over a month, I have never accidentally suicided this way. Anyone who complains of this needs to learn to use a mouse.
Famous last words, oh Perfect One.

I guess you're not supposed to use the respawn button to chose your spawn but seriously, you will spawn at kamenka all the damn time, chances are that im not going to find a vehicle of any kind so i'm gonna have to walk everywhere, every day, every hour, step step step step step. I'm going to Cherno or Elektro anyways, i got an endless amount of km's ahead of me, i will respawn a few times so i can atleast start somewhere decent before i leave for my endless journey on foot.

A vehicle? Really? I've never found a drivable, unoccupied vehicle. All I have done is travel by foot. I have learned so much about navigating terrain with only a map, not even a compass.

Folks, this game is about adventure! Real adventure requires a strong element of the unknown. Real adventure requires giving up control over some things.

Your friend gets killed? You get to mount a rescue mission! What a grand adventure to travel to the other side of the "world" to rescue your "new friend" from the dangers of Cherno! Who knows what will happen between here and there? Who knows whether you'll make it there alive, or make it back alive?

You got killed? You get to start a new life! What a grand adventure to travel across the "world" and make "new friends"! Who knows what will happen? Who knows how long you'll survive?

Yeah, it's frustrating. I've been killed by game bugs next to my squad. I've been killed by cheaters along with my squad. I've been killed by griefers before I even left the coast. So I took a break, and the next day I started over, and we rendezvoused, and hugged, and were happy.

It wouldn't be an adventure if it were easy. If you want that kind of game, where you couldn't get lost if you wanted, DayZ is the wrong (anti)game for you.

And that's fine--I enjoy both. But stop trying to make DayZ like other games.

Again, I'm thankful that Rocket is in charge. He knows what he's doing.

Edited by Junos

@ jbz ^name calling lol, clearly you are the idiot.

I like how you mispely my name when it was on the screen in front of you _b

Spawn in wilderness - Can't respawn - Never playing the game again, bad move, ill give you 3 days before its taken out.

• Like 1

I like how you mispely my name when it was on the screen in front of you _b

How he what? /facepalm

Grow up, people. *sigh*

It just gives people a reason to hack imo. If you can't group up with friends and enjoy the game. Guess we will go get speed hacks or teleporting hacks. That is how it works folks.

• Like 1

I fully support this change. There's still a workaround if you're determined to get a cherno/elektro spawn, it just takes a tiny bit longer. This is the time to be adding/removing things from the game and see what happens as a result.

This change is not welcome at all. It is already hard enough to find your friend you want to play with. Games should support playing with others, not torture you for trying. If this stays in the current build we need to have at least a map when we spawn. People will just quit out of frustration trying to find their friends. This is bad game/mod design imo.

I actually tried respawn-suicide spamming to find my friend when we were both new players. It turns out you can find each other much faster by just learning a thing or two about the map. Even spawning far away isnt very inconvenient... it just means you'll both have basic gear by the time you meet.

Spawn in wilderness - Can't respawn - Never playing the game again, bad move, ill give you 3 days before its taken out.

In ~600 hours I've spawned in wilderness twice.

Made it out alive both times.

I think we will be okay.

If you can't group up with friends and enjoy the game.

I love it. 5-10 minute run turns into "can't group up with friends."

Reminds me of my son who cries and screams and stamps his feet when I tell him to clean his room when all he has to do is pick up like six fucking legos and a pair of dirty socks.

I'll tell you what I tell him; If you used the energy you're using to complain to pick up the legos instead, you would be done already.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

a knee-jerk reaction to a change before it's even changed? /le sigh

For all of those worried about "spawning with your buddies" there will be features that enchance that style of play but just not right now, bitching about something that's coming anyway is pointless.....

Unless I am misunderstanding some mechanic here, this actually may make server load, drain, or whatever you call it, worse. Now instead of just hitting respawn the server has to devote resources to spawning zombies for you to die to in addition to making a new character.

Also, if the hive records death data, this is going to distort it. The number of people dieing to zombies in order to respawn is going to distort Rocket's information regarding how dangerous zombies are.

good, yes, excellent...

Why should we have to kill our selves to find a good spawn? Its the same thing as pressing respawn. Rocket said he doesnt like knee jerk changes but this screams knee jerk reaction.

what the hell is a good spawn?

You idiots need to realise that opposing opinions on a game-change might both have valid points.

Pro:

- You can't exploit the respawn thing anymore, which is good. There isn't much to say about it besides this and all those people saying "but now I can't find my friends!!" seems kinda moot when you realise this is a realistic sandbox game. Honestly, I can't really imagine which logic you use to defend exploiting the respawn button to be near your friens to play the game. Yes, it's more fun to quickly join in and have some fun hunting but that is really beside the point.

Con:

- Hackers can exploit the players even more. Yeah, you can't choose where you spawn anymore which again, is good, but you can't deny that hackers are going to have a field day breaking someones leg miles from a zombie or player. Crawling simulator 2012, until someone kills you or you find morphine to get on your way again.

It's really painful to watch some of you shouting at each other, having an argument about the change in such a way that it results in just losing all of its meaning. Then again, it's the internet.

• Like 2

yes, you all abused the shit out of it to save yourselves 10 mins travel time and now it is getting removed.

amen!

I like it. It will force people to think twice about dying when they stash their nvg's and 50. cal in a tent.

In ~600 hours I've spawned in wilderness twice.

Made it out alive both times.

I think we will be okay.

I love it. 5-10 minute run turns into "can't group up with friends."

Reminds me of my son who cries and screams and stamps his feet when I tell him to clean his room when all he has to do is pick up like six fucking legos and a pair of dirty socks.

I'll tell you what I tell him; If you used the energy you're using to complain to pick up the legos instead, you would be done already.

It's a game, and 10-15 mins of running adds up when it is so easy to die. I would just rather download a speed hack.

It's a game, and 10-15 mins of running adds up when it is so easy to die. I would just rather download a speed hack.

then I hope this, and other similar future changes force you to fuck off and find another game.

• Like 2