rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Not really. What was I supposed to do run 599 miles away from the airfield before switching to my home server. I didn't just look through the barracks and log off. I looted BOTH barracks and then left for my camp.Edit: the MAIN REASON for me switching servers was to get to my camp. My friend just happened to be at the barracks when a zomb broke his leg.

Intent doesn't matter, at all. Not even in the least. You and your friend should have decided to grow a pair in that instant and handle the situation using the server on which the incident happened. You are still trying to justify it, but it happened.

Anyway, it's not nearly big enough of a deal for me to argue anymore about it. Have fun hopping servers!

• Like 1

Intent doesn't matter, at all. Not even in the least. You and your friend should have decided to grow a pair in that instant and handle the situation using the server on which the incident happened. You are still trying to justify it, but it happened.

Anyway, it's not nearly big enough of a deal for me to argue anymore about it. Have fun hopping servers!

Kk whatever. It was the server it happened on btw... but agreed I'm starting to hijack the thread.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

This is sweet. Vehicle auto save will be anticipated too sometimes in the near future, dear DayZ. :rolleyes:

reported for reporting me for no reason

Not really. You claimed you may start hacking if it actually is, "That easy". I'd rather them take the preemptive strike and get rid of a possible hacker now. He has my beans.

Make it so a Character is locked to server Then you dont have to give a shit about ghosting , combat loggers Server hoppers.

• Like 2

Any one know when will the patch come in............?

• Like 1

the patch will come three days ago, just be patient for the universe to destroy and build itself again, in the next timeline, we will get the update

• Like 1

Judging by what Rocket previously said in a post; it'll come on Monday.

The alt+F4 issue fix makes no sense. Surely they will only log out/disconnect once, or maybe twice, and possibly join a new server... I do not see how the fix will help in any way..

Theres Prob a way to track and see if a player takes damage then DCs, then it would be clear that they have Alt-f4 to save themselfs from being killed altogether. If a player is seen to be doing this a lot, they get warning/ban or whateverrrr.

But whatever they put in place to combat this problem, will help. They are hardly gona invest time into adding something to the game that is pointless.

Edited by Mirza

Patch here,

Enjoy your last weekend of tired old .3. I think I might be out next week!

Anyone got any ideas when the patch is being released? I can't wait to get my hands on a ghillie again, but I certainly don't mind waiting for Rocket to tweak it and remove any glitches :D

Anyone got any ideas when the patch is being released? I can't wait to get my hands on a ghillie again, but I certainly don't mind waiting for Rocket to tweak it and remove any glitches :D

Having read the majority of the 138 pages, we can make an educated guess that it's Monday 30th.

• Like 3

Since this patch will fix(try to fix) the server jumping.. Just watched a stream on twitch 3 people teaming then suddenly 2 guys spawns 20 meters from them and kills them.. thought of what about making so that if a person spawn very close to another he is moved 500 - 1000m away from the other person.(even if its not on purpose) Not sure if this would work very good ingame though.. (Would have to spawn him in tree lines, not in the open/water, not close to zombies and a cliff and fall to his death etc..) Would also need to tell the difference between your friends and unknown players..

Or just a small subtle notification on both the player spawning and the player already in the game, if someone spawns very close.(a small unfamiliar sound or animation on the guy turning his head sideways for 2 sec looking around or similar) Would have to be something subtle, you dont notice too much that breaks the ingame feeling.. I think this would be easier and also work better ingame then the first suggestion..

Probably alot of other different ways to implement some sort of notification of players spawning very close on purpose or not..

Only for close spawns ofc not players already in the game

Monday would be not so nice, im sure Rocket will make the patch live tonight, if there might still be bugs then we find em out this weekend en then throw in a hotfix on Monday. trust me xD

Since this patch will fix(try to fix) the server jumping.. Just watched a stream on twitch 3 people teaming then suddenly 2 guys spawns 20 meters from them and kills them.. thought of what about making so that if a person spawn very close to another he is moved 500 - 1000m away from the other person.(even if its not on purpose) Not sure if this would work very good ingame though.. (Would have to spawn him in tree lines, not in the open/water, not close to zombies and a cliff and fall to his death etc..) Would also need to tell the difference between your friends and unknown players..

Or just a small subtle notification on both the player spawning and the player already in the game, if someone spawns very close.(a small unfamiliar sound or animation on the guy turning his head sideways for 2 sec looking around or similar) Would have to be something subtle, you dont notice too much that breaks the ingame feeling.. I think this would be easier and also work better ingame then the first suggestion..

Probably alot of other different ways to implement some sort of notification of players spawning very close on purpose or not..

Only for close spawns ofc not players already in the game

People who get killed by people who spawn in are 9/10 times hoppers themselves.

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

rocking out loud with my pilot helm out!1

Small bug report that might fit the patch:

L85A2 AWS is probably not beeing saved on player's data correctly.

The Following happened to me and a friend:

> We each found a L85A2 AWS.

> We both had for quite some time.

> I joined a 1.7.2.3 Server and my L85A2 AWS disappeared.

> My friend joined another 1.7.2.3 Server and his L85A2 AWS also disappeared.

Edited by Kazaki

Everyone has to log of somewhere for the night.. The world is big but not that big if servers will have 200 players later down the road as rocket talk about.. there will be many times a player spawn close too you without you noticing it..

Surely you dont want to be killed by a guy just randomly spawning close getting a easy kill and your maybe being very cautiously..(on purpose or not)

Edited by Delta

Monday would be not so nice, im sure Rocket will make the patch live tonight, if there might still be bugs then we find em out this weekend en then throw in a hotfix on Monday. trust me xD

It's Monday

Target is Wednesday. May slip as I can already see some changes I need to make, based on some good feedback here. We won't do it on Friday. So that means either Wednesday, Thursday, or Monday.

* Wednesday 25 July 2012 (GMT)

* Updated to Tuesday 24 July 2012 (GMT)

It's time for the TIME MACHINE!