rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Alright, this change list is starting to look pretty damn good. Can't wait to play it.

First off thx rocket for all the hard work you put into this mod second I think you meant tuesday july 31st not the 24th hehe.

Edit: sorry for double post using different internet then usual.

Edited by Darkrevo

This hotfix it's becoming even more awesome, nice work Rocket.

If you guys need people to test it on a closed test before releasing it, I wouldn't mind trying to help.

tents, choppers and a potential alt f4 solution.

We just need to start up the delorean to get the update.

let's get this 1.21 gigawatts and we are clear!

Target date:

* Wednesday 25 July 2012 (GMT)

* Updated to Tuesday 24 July 2012 (GMT) x

Edited by dang

when is the target date for this update? obviously its passed Tuesday July 24th

so.....................

........soooo nobody knows, probably not even the bean king himself.

Love the new additions to the upcoming patch. Keep up the good work, I trust this patch will be released to a select few servers to test stability?

Edited by Snipes007

Easy fix for Combat Alt+F4'ing

If you get hit and take damage(blood) you currently get the Shock status, since that status also occurs if you fall down a deer stand or break a leg you either change the effect on the player after breaking something into like "Major Pain" or create a new Status (that only affects people that got hit by a player weapon) like TRAUMA with a duration of 5 minutes and no cure.

If you suffer from TRAUMA and you disconnect (Alt+F4/Abort/killing the process in task mngr/shutting down the PC/losing internet connection) the character gets killed on the spot, leaves a corpse and is saved in the hive as killed.

Alternative:

If you suffer from TRAUMA and you disconnect (Alt+F4/Abort/killing the process in task mngr/shutting down the PC/losing internet connection) the character takes 4k blood damage on the spot, which would kill heavily wounded targets, leaves a corpse and is saved in the hive.

Pros

-instantly disabling any kind of combat evasion after you have been hit once for the next 5 minutes.

-ensuring that people dont get banned for legit server hopping(daytime/lag/performance/no spawn-issues)

Cons

-Admin abuse possible via kick/ban (Workaround: report server/admin; 3 strikes = temp blacklist? whatever feels appropriate)

To all those about to say "but i have bad connection that would kill me!"

If you have a bad connection within those 5 minutes of someone shooting you, you would have probably died due to lag/desync anyway.

Now undergoing a closed test

• Like 9

Ok. So people can still alt-f4 to escape death, just not too often?

Did the logout timer thing not work at all?

Not complaining mind, it is just a very important issue so I would like to get it straight.

A simple fix would be a different logout timer. When you select logout - you have 30-60 seconds before your character actually logs out. If you move during that time duration - the logout process is negated.

SO - if a bandit shoots and misses on you, you have 60 seconds to hunt him down prior to him logging out. It makes it nice for those who shoot at people and alt+f4 when they get chased. If that happens - their body is left in the world for 60 seconds at their last location and after 60 seconds whatever has happened to them is saved in their record.

Problem solved. And sorry if your house is on fire and you had to run shoot a baby. Emergencies trump a game, but the rules of the game trump your real life.

Hard decisions Rocket - hard decisions. This game is all about decision making. People need to be punished for making bad decisions and rewarded for good ones. AKA loot for the winners, death for the losers. Pure and simple.

60 second window for people who want to disconnect is a perfect way of doing it. I say just do it (unless you can't do that with the mod).

I wish to have mh-6 in dayz again. Its so easy to hide it in the middle of the forest :)

I am happy that you have deleted that retarded respawn button. I have respawned yesterday by using it:)

Rocket you're awesome man! Thanks for all the hard work, but for those impatient people can you give them a "ESTIMATED" release date?

And by any chance will the tents be fixed in this patch?

Can you fix the .45 cal pistols please? Four shots is a little crazy.

Actually, 4 shots for such a common sidearm is quite okay. (If you have not noticed yet, the ammo is also VERY COMMON)

Aim for the head.

Edited by Shazman