rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Thanks Rocket!

The tent fix is DESPERATELY needed for my server (as it is a newer server, all tents are over 1 million in ID).

If you could even just push a hotfix that JUST fixed tents I think many of us would be very grateful (more so than we already are!).

Good news Rocket.

For the rest of you, please keep on Topic.

Be civil.

Thanks

What do you mean with ID's over 1 million?

Do you mean from this day on, the tents that are placed have ID's over 1 million?

Sorry for my reetardness-level.

In the Hive Database are million of tents ... and i think all over 1 million had a prop to sync ...

A New Target Date wee need i think ...

Edited by Marcel40625

I was worried about that respawn button thing. Nothing like glitching on a rock in the middle of nowhere then crawling 3 or 4 miles for morphine. Good call on the fix Rocket! It'd suck to be stuck in the game with a broken leg.

Edited by slonlo

Cant wait for the update.... :D

So people cannot longer store high end equip for unlimited time in tents?

Edited by Gallagher

* [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture

I still think this will be abused. Couldn't a timer be put in place instead? 20-30 minutes after spawning initially before the respawn button can be used?

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

Awesome, You have beans! I hope this stops whining about this subject for now. People need to wait until the patch is released and Rocket gathers all data required. Theres no stopping the removal of respawn button now so everyone stop complaining about it already.

I still think this will be abused. Couldn't a timer be put in place instead? 20-30 minutes after spawning initially before the respawn button can be used?

Its rather difficult to be abused. Getting fractures arent exactly easy unless you have a bunch of zombies on you. At which time, you are already trying to get yourself killed anyway

Can someone link either 95312 or 95251 (stated in DAYZCommander to be the most popular patch versions used currently by servers.)

The newest I can find from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/ are ARMA2_OA_Build_95310.zip & ARMA2_OA_Build_95248.zip which are said to be used by less than less 1% of the servers

95310 are backward compatible, just install it and you can play on the previous servers thats running an earlier patch.

Edited by Suspenselol
  • Like 1

Its rather difficult to be abused. Getting fractures arent exactly easy unless you have a bunch of zombies on you. At which time, you are already trying to get yourself killed anyway

Enter building with a secondary level and jump off, climb a ladder and jump off, prone in a doorway, breaking legs is so easy. If someone wants to try to get a better spawn that's all they need to do.

Can someone link either 95312 or 95251 (stated in DAYZCommander to be the most popular patch versions used currently by servers.)

The newest I can find from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/ are ARMA2_OA_Build_95310.zip & ARMA2_OA_Build_95248.zip which are said to be used by less than less 1% of the servers

95310 is the latest beta patch

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137749-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-95310-(1-62-MP-build)

please fix immediately despawning bodies and dead body sound with no bodies around :(

Didnt understand the Tents FIX completely... Can someone explain with simple words? thanks

Rocket check page 98-99 i made a post you should see there..

Edited by papsh

Enter building with a secondary level and jump off, climb a ladder and jump off, prone in a doorway, breaking legs is so easy. If someone wants to try to get a better spawn that's all they need to do.

And thats okay. Its also okay to run into a town and get killed by zombies. The idea is, it reduces constant respawns drastically which in turn increases performance. You cant ever eliminate respawns, which wasnt really the point either, the point was to reduce it. Its easier to find 2 zombies and wait until you get killed, then it is to find a building thats a story high.

Disappointed. Offering an easy way out.

I suppose I can look at this as the current alternative to a suicide option.

But I'm still disappointed.

• Like 1

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize' date=' players to confirm)[/quote']

you freaking GENIUS!

It hasn't even been implemented yet so just wait and see.. I mean at the moment you can just respawn as you want so at least its something.

Disappointed. Offering an easy way out.

I suppose I can look at this as the current alternative to a suicide option.

But I'm still disappointed.

Rocket can't please everyone..

Edited by witalit

Good lord people need to READ and ABSORB.

At this stage you are not going to get banned for:

Finding a decent server.

Logging out to eat.

Logging out to use the phone.

Crashing.

Worshipping false deities.

The idea of looking into the trends is to ensure patterns can be found - punishments can be applied.

Realise that someone who can't login to 95% of the servers or someone who has to abort to answer the phone is NOT going to be a serial offender as opposed to someone who logs in and out of combat to avoid death or 'ghost' people or people who just log into 60 servers every 10 minutes looking for loot.

Although it seems a lot of the DayZ community reads the notes - however doesn't read any of the replies from people who can string a coherant sentence together.

If I see another:

I'm going to flip a desk..

Not my own mind you.

Chill man O.o :P

Never even used a tent, but glad to see they should hopefully be fixed, as I can see them being very useful :)

As for the respawn button for fractures, I doubt it will stop people from respawning to get a better spawn location. As it has been said before, it can be incredibly easy to break your legs by simply jumping off a building / getting stuck in doorways, so I think a timer of 10-15 minutes to use the respawn button after your initial spawn would be more of a deterrent for those who try to get better spawn locations etc.

Edited by nfsmwbefast

So what will happen when say, they player disconnects, sits down, gets killed by a other player. Will the loot remain even though they have disconnected with this fix?