rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

yeah, i almost forgot. ATV's can be a pain in the ass, since they tend to even go crazy when you try to drive onto the harbour area or on railroads crossing the streets... or a bridge on the mainroad. Don't wanna have to wait until a server restart to have my ATV put back onto it's wheels. A single person should be strong enough to get that done alone... and i remember some other modded server where you could do this with bicycles already. in my opinion no tool should be needed to accomplish this.

A single person is not even strong enough to right a motorcycle. I've seen it countless times IRL.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

you don't care about a respawn button. you just want a "spawn me at Cherno" button

"As I've said before I don't mind the running if it really was "survival" and "adventure" but the sad thing is that this game doesn't have that."

Read and comprehend. For me and to many others the "adventure" doesn't start at spawn. Pressing "W" for 20 minutes isn't adventure. It isn't survival. You don't need to scavenge the little crappy towns to survive. Only real threat in this game is bugs, glitches and other players. Maybe for you the coastline marathon is an adventure but why your opinion should matter? Keeping respawn buttong doesn't take anything from you. You can still choose not to press it. But taking it away takes something away from many other players. I really don't mind if I spawn at Cap Golova or Komarovo etc. But places like Krutoy Cap and Three Valleys are just trolling. There should be some compromise here. If they remove respawn they should remove some spawn points.

And at least I have given reasons and points in my posts for my opinions unlike you.

• Like 1

Again +1 for removing respawn. ppl like that are a cause of server lag, as rocket said setting a new character is the most cpu/ram intensive operation and some of you assholes do it dozens of times to cheat initial lone survival phase. so you can casually shoot zeds with your buddies. Here is a solution for you: Day1 you all log in and agree on the meeting spot, run there, log out. Day2 - you all log-in and start at the same spot! Just like you wanted! And do not die again.

Keeping respawn buttong doesn't take anything from you. You can still choose not to press it. But taking it away takes something away from many other players.

People spamming the respawn button eats up server ressources, that takes away from him, me and all of us.

I just wonder when are they going to fix the magazine problem when you disconnect and connect back your not full mags replenish their ammo. Until that's fixed you have unlimited ammo really :P

to me its all 1 world. going from server to server in my eyes is like going to another dimension.

this is exactly how I see the servers. I refer to it as the multiverse. It doesn't help that I've been watching all seasons of Sliders lately.

Because douchebags killing themselves to respawn over and over and over put strain on the ever for EVERYONE ON THE SERVER. And servers being strained by douchebags killing themselves put strain on the hive that EVERYONE RELIES ON TO PLAY.

Hurr.

Have you considered the reason why they press respawn? Have they been given a reasonable choice? Is it so hard to understand that not everyone wants to run 20 minutes gearless at the coastline. There are few spawnpoints that are just stupid. Okay, spawning at the same place with friends is a new feature that they can't do right now. Spawning alone at Krutoy Cap is retarded.

And it's fun to argue with you ppl. First it is the "adventure" that removing respawn brings. Then I pretty much negate that argument and now you WRITE IN CAPS and tell others how they are douchebags by pressing respawn and start insulting. I have given an reasonable alternative. Remove respawn but adjust spawn points at the same time. Shouldn't be hard I guess.

Like Rocket have said he needs both viewpoints in this thread but alas it seems I can give my point without too much insulting and too much capslock.

"As I've said before I don't mind the running if it really was "survival" and "adventure" but the sad thing is that this game doesn't have that."

Read and comprehend. For me and to many others the "adventure" doesn't start at spawn. Pressing "W" for 20 minutes isn't adventure. It isn't survival. You don't need to scavenge the little crappy towns to survive. Only real threat in this game is bugs, glitches and other players. Maybe for you the coastline marathon is an adventure but why your opinion should matter? Keeping respawn buttong doesn't take anything from you. You can still choose not to press it. But taking it away takes something away from many other players. I really don't mind if I spawn at Cap Golova or Komarovo etc. But places like Krutoy Cap and Three Valleys are just trolling. There should be some compromise here. If they remove respawn they should remove some spawn points.

And at least I have given reasons and points in my posts for my opinions unlike you.

those spawn points are only less desirable to you because you're so fixated on Cherno. I don't push W for 20 min or go on a coastline marathon, because I'm not on a mission to get to Cherno. you've convinced yourself the game begins in Cherno

The solution is simple, really. Dont die as much.

I know it sounds like Im trolling but Im not. When you have to do a lame, long lasting trip through the country everytime you die you will get more careful and you will do everything to survive. Thats what the game is all about after all - survival. The knowing that you have to do something really boring once you die makes your life more precious, especially when you have already met up with your friends.

The thing that makes DayZ special is permadeath, if you can just respawn near your last position it looses this strong motivation factor for a quick comfort feature.

Of course, long walking is still annoying and there should definitely be more danger present in the forest and through the whole countryside.

• Like 1

People spamming the respawn button eats up server ressources, that takes away from him, me and all of us.

My point is that why go one way or another. Remove respawn but give reasonable spawn points. Krutoy Cap isn't reasonable. And I don't mean that you should spawn next to cherno either like some players like to understand my posts. Middle ground, compromise, pick your word.

The Adventure in this Game is the Game itself. That sounds a bit "gay" i think but when you only spawn, hold W 20 minutes to Loot Cherno, Congrats you have done 1% of the Game. Now you are running loudly around and die...I think most of the Players which want the respawn button die to often. Have you ever seen "Day 10" when you logged back in. Day 10 is not as hard but have you ever seen it? The Bugs and glitches are not so big as the most say. When you know them, and most of you know them when you died once from that, you normally dont do that again. Seek your Adventure in the Game and not only in the Looting. We had severall nice adventures in the last weeks and i really can say "there is no other game which have this feeling".

Stalking with friends, search Cars with System and try to stay alive. Yes for some people which have deinstalled Call of Duty that sounds boring, yes sometimes it is a little boring. But the Adventure is that what you do! When you only have your Adventure when you PvP other People, go play CoD or BF3.

• Like 2

I hope this new anti-alt f4 isn't as black and white as I fear it may be. I had a terrible time getting into the servers the past few days,and I had to reconnect to a few of them before I could play. What if this is counted as server hopping to gain advantage? Maybe it was touched on in a previous post, just mentioning a potential issue.

Any news on the compatibility of the new 1.62 patch?

EDIT:

Since i have the first post hijacked: There are currently severe hacking issues across most DayZ servers. And i'm not talking about some kid with aimbot or other self-empowering tools, but things like:

- Killing the entire server at the press of a button

- Teleporting the entire server to one place

Happened to me yesterday. Was in NE airfield, just got an ALICE and AK Kobra. Teleported to Cherno, everyone standing around saying "nobody shoot". I disconnected immediately (it's not like I was alt f4'ing a PvP, it was a hacker manufactured situation). From the player select screen I saw a wave of people killed. When I joined another server, I was in Cherno, with my old AKM, but the AK-74 mags. Now begins the trek to the North...

I'll just pretend I was kidnapped, better than "a hacker teleported me".

Edited by Sparky245

Spawning alone at Krutoy Cap is retarded.

it's like 5-10 min from Elektro

no offense, but I don't think this game is for you

• Like 4

Have you considered the reason why they press respawn? Have they been given a reasonable choice? Is it so hard to understand that not everyone wants to run 20 minutes gearless at the coastline. There are few spawnpoints that are just stupid. Okay, spawning at the same place with friends is a new feature that they can't do right now. Spawning alone at Krutoy Cap is retarded.

And it's fun to argue with you ppl. First it is the "adventure" that removing respawn brings. Then I pretty much negate that argument and now you WRITE IN CAPS and tell others how they are douchebags by pressing respawn and start insulting. I have given an reasonable alternative. Remove respawn but adjust spawn points at the same time. Shouldn't be hard I guess.

Like Rocket have said he needs both viewpoints in this thread but alas it seems I can give my point without too much insulting and too much capslock.

Silly person. As I've said in my previous post, I think the dev team knows there are mixed opinions on removing respawn. I've moved up to insults and caps because people who "just want" are not seeing past today. It's going to be tried. It's going to be refined. It may be back. Hell, it might work poorly in closed testing.

My posts are getting more rude because the development cycle right now as I see it isn't about making things more comfortable for a certain group of players, but reasonably implementing features over a time line. Not all at once.

I AM realizing that a segment of players would prefer that the map just consist of Chernogorsk and Electrozavodsk, and they'd prefer the rest of those boring towns and shit to be removed.

• Like 3

My point is that why go one way or another. Remove respawn but give reasonable spawn points. Krutoy Cap isn't reasonable. And I don't mean that you should spawn next to cherno either like some players like to understand my posts. Middle ground, compromise, pick your word.

there's only "middle ground" and "compromise" if you have Cherno as your goal

those spawn points are only less desirable to you because you're so fixated on Cherno. I don't push W for 20 min or go on a coastline marathon, because I'm not on a mission to get to Cherno. you've convinced yourself the game begins in Cherno

Why is it so hard to understand that there can be a middlegound here. Cap Golova is fine. Krutoy Cap is not. Krutoy Cap is too far from anything. And the game begins when you can actually do something than just to press "W". It really doesn't matter which way you start to run. Running is all you can do. Running is your survival. If you aggro zombie->press more "W". Run inside, quickcheck loot, nothing, move on, run run run until you can find a weapon and get rid of those 10 zombies after you. You dont need to sneak 'cause the zombies are crap. Like I said I wouldn't mind running if it really was interesting but it is not.

I hope this new anti-alt f4 isn't as black and white as I fear it may be. I had a terrible time getting into the servers the past few days,and I had to reconnect to a few of them before I could play. What if this is counted as server hopping to gain advantage? Maybe it was touched on in a previous post, just mentioning a potential issue.

Any news on the compatibility of the new 1.62 patch?

The new patch won't count it as anything. If any of you guys live in a major metropolitan area, you might notice surveyors or pressure hoses across traffic lanes or a guy in a lawn chair, with a clip board, watching traffic.

They are assessing for upcoming changes to the traffic flow. Maybe upgrading a stop sign to a light, maybe adding a turn lane.

You guys are all yelling as if they're going to do it right now. The alt f4 stuff is being measured. Connects and disconnects. Measured. Logged. That way, the toolset that they have in the future won't be based on my anecdotal belief, or yours, but on real numbers.

The Adventure in this Game is the Game itself. That sounds a bit "gay" i think but when you only spawn, hold W 20 minutes to Loot Cherno, Congrats you have done 1% of the Game. Now you are running loudly around and die...I think most of the Players which want the respawn button die to often. Have you ever seen "Day 10" when you logged back in. Day 10 is not as hard but have you ever seen it? The Bugs and glitches are not so big as the most say. When you know them, and most of you know them when you died once from that, you normally dont do that again. Seek your Adventure in the Game and not only in the Looting. We had severall nice adventures in the last weeks and i really can say "there is no other game which have this feeling".

Stalking with friends, search Cars with System and try to stay alive. Yes for some people which have deinstalled Call of Duty that sounds boring, yes sometimes it is a little boring. But the Adventure is that what you do! When you only have your Adventure when you PvP other People, go play CoD or BF3.

CoD is crap. The salt in DayZ PvP is that you can actyally lose or gain something. I wan't that excitement from this game. If i hear gunshots, I will go towards them. Seeing Day 10 is hard if you don't avoid PvP and actually seek it. Seeing day 10 is easy if your only opponent is lame zombies. I do stalk with friend, I do search cars, I don't want to run from Krutoy Cap.

[...]

You guys are all yelling as if they're going to do it right now. The alt f4 stuff is being measured. Connects and disconnects. Measured. Logged. That way, the toolset that they have in the future won't be based on my anecdotal belief, or yours, but on real numbers.

This is why I personally appreciate rocket. There was no need for him to mention the logging at all. Maybe there are some people out there who disassemble and check all the new files but 99% of the people would never have known anything about that.

So for that honesty, please at least read his post(s) before you start complaining that everything is getting worse. Penalties arent implemented in any way yet so lets try it and then give feedback and after that a better version will appear

EDIT: BTW Im a huge fan of BF3 and a variety of games but theyre completely different than DayZ and I enjoy most of them. Nobody has to "go back to CoD or BF3". That is ridiculous

Edited by GoTo2k

there's only "middle ground" and "compromise" if you have Cherno as your goal

Okay now I have just deemed your posts as trolling and pointless. I have given my points and my reasons. I have many times said that I don't need to nor would I wan't to always spawn at Cherno. You really don't want to or can't understand my reasoning and you don't bring anything in this thread yourself. You don't give any reasonable arguments so why even post in this thread?

I have now given all my viewpoints and I really don't need to argue with you. I can only hope that Rocket has more ability to understand others than you. Actually I know he has.

I've done my part in this thread now, good bye.

Edited by Snor
  • Like 1

There's some flaws with the new Hive though Rocket, what if you server hop to find a more suitable server with a better fps? Will that count on the hive as well for logging, or is it logging a specific spot to see if you're server hopping to loot gear?

Okay now I have just deemed your posts as trolling and pointless. I have given my points and my reasons. I have many times said that I don't need to nor would I wan't to always spawn at Cherno. You really don't want to or can't understand my reasoning and you don't bring anything in this thread yourself. You don't give any reasonable arguments so why even post in this thread?

I have now given all my viewpoints and I really don't need to argue with you. I can only hope that Rocket has more ability to understand others than you. Actually I know he has.

I've done my part in this thread now, good bye.

You can't go...

... The plants will die!

There's some flaws with the new Hive though Rocket, what if you server hop to find a more suitable server with a better fps? Will that count on the hive as well for logging, or is it logging a specific spot to see if you're server hopping to loot gear?

HE DOESN'T KNOW.

He wants to find out.

You can help by playing after this patch so they can gather information on what to do to help everyone.

• Like 3