rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

I don't care what rocket says ITS A VIDEO GAME. You should be having fun playing it. My biggest problem with the forums and a lot of posters is they act like rocket is the second coming of christ and will fight for any of his changes no matter how bad they are.

If you want fun you're playing the wrong game. Sorry but this is the truth.

• Like 8

That's really not the way I see it, it's a carefully tailored online survival experience where you are suposed to meet strangers and decide if you kill/befriend/ignore them. It's a game of choices, not a coop survival/deathmatch/lootstacking fps. If it was the gameplay would be different in all sort of ways (spawn, loots, etc).

I'll ignore the part where you say that you are good at the game, I fail to see how it matters.

Ignore it yet comment on it? It matters because people are making it seem like I'm too stupid to meet up with a friend and it will be challenging to run to see someone. It's not challenging at all and it will present no challenge to me and most players. They simply don't want to waste the time. Why should people try and make me feel like a pussy for wanting to have fun in a computer game? I really dont understand it.

• Like 1

I have a slight issue with the server hopping ban atm..

I'm currently trying to track a bug with the crossbow ammo not depleting, and I believe it's related to the amount of ammo stored in main inv. on log in, but current testing of this is requiring me to change inv., drop from the server and re-log to test again.. I think I should be able to get a yes or no on my current theroy, before the next patch so that should be fine.. but please make sure hive bans can be reversed / not automated, if you can link a ban to an account that is trying to test and break things on purpose (i.e. test).

Edited by Skinman

Hey asshole! Go play another game. Odviously DAYZ is not the game for you!

So you're saying you don't have fun playing day-z? why do you play it then?

Navigation is not a challenge, nor is meeting up.

If you're meeting up with someone it's a useless time sink. People play this game every day and meet friends via respawning.

Games are a useless time sink. Realism>everything else.

Ignore it yet comment on it? It matters because people are making it seem like I'm too stupid to meet up with a friend and it will be challenging to run to see someone. It's not challenging at all and it will present no challenge to me and most players. They simply don't want to waste the time. Why should people try and make me feel like a pussy for wanting to have fun in a computer game? I really dont understand it.

GTFO
  • Like 5

Go play guild wars. Free fast travel all over the expansive world, problem solved!

• Like 2

we never said we were not having fun ..your not having fun and your expecting the game to change ..your the issue here its obvious you do not enjoy the game so move on to warz or whatever carebear game you have intrest in and leave this to us and EatBrainzBear

UndeadCareBear.jpg

• Like 2

its a waste of time to look for loot. it should all be in a pile at my feet when i spawn and NOT be a part of the game. we dont need a 15x15 sq km world. we dont need enter able buildings to find loot. in fact, the zombies kind of hinder me sometimes too. lets do away with the zeds!

"people are making it seem like I'm too stupid to meet up with a friend and it will be challenging to run to see someone."

dude, you are making yourself seem too stupid.

Edited by sivart
  • Like 4

Thing is, as Rocket pointed out, these players who indulge in this activity as server hoping as usually indulging in other illegal acts. These flagged accounts can then be analysed for other activities thus making it easier to catch these players. Think of it as a stop and search in real life, not everyone is concealing a weapon but it's better to check everyone just to make sure.

Yes, I understand and agree with you. My point, however, was that this type of automated system can flag people who are just trying to find a stable server. And I find it hard to believe that the mod will ever have the manpower to go through the logs and scrutinize them sufficiently to only catch people who are doing wrong and not those who are legitimate.

As for your RL analogy... I am a bailiff for a district court criminal judge, as well as having a father and brother who are both criminal defense attorneys, so I have a fair amount of experience with this. I can tell you for certain that "check everyone to catch the bad guys" is a flawed and broken argument. Beyond the flagrant abuses of stop and search by the police, there is the little issue of your eroding rights of protection against unreasonable search and seizure (US argument obviously, may not extend to other countries). But this is going horribly off-topic so I will shut up.

Edited by Redshift

The mechanics are being tested, but it will put a "timeout" if you successfully connect too many times within a period of time.

Frankly, and I know this has been covered a million times by everyone but I think that any form of punishment is a waste of time. Simply adding a 30 second despawn timer will sort out 99% of the problems people are encountering. You log out you get a 30 second countdown, if you move you break the countdown. If you Alt+F4 well you character is still sat there. Not a lot of people are going to do that when they could potentially catch a bullet.

My concern is that some punishment system is going to backfire and punish people with bad connections or whatever. Yes it's f@#king annoying when someone alt-f4's on you but I don't see the need for a heavy-handed approach - if a 30sec timer doesn't cure it then sure start getting the whip out. On Saturday night I must have joined 20 servers in 30 minutes as half of them were stating they were GMT-n yet when I got in they were pitch black. Then some wouldn't connect... some were laggy as hell. When I finally got on a decent server I had to deal with my broken leg caused by a bear-trap that we'd been playing with (it had been removed and didn't break my leg at the time).

• Like 1

we never said we were not having fun ..your not having fun and your expecting the game to change ..your the issue here its obvious you do not enjoy the game so move on to warz or whatever carebear game you have intrest in and leave this to us and EatBrainzBear

UndeadCareBear.jpg

It's so easy to predict what you people will say/post it's sad. It's pretty funny this is what the forums have turned into. Post your opinon get attacked, told to "gtfo" and people act like they know what game is for me and what isn't. I've playing day-z regularly for a while and enjoy it so im pretty sure the game "is for me". The funny thing is if rocket posted that he was adding a feature to choose where you spawn the same people trolling me would be telling rocket what a great idea that is.

Edited by ryeezy
  • Like 2

No im saying that YOUR not having fun. So stop the crying and go play a different game. Im having a shit ton of fun. Everygame is different. this game makes you try and navigate and survive to regroup with your party. Its different! Im tire of all the same shit from all other games. Send an invite they join you play. I been waiting for a game like this for along time. Im not gonna have crybabies fuck that up for people that actually like the way things are. Different. Dont like the fact that you sucked and die and now have to walk 15 minutes to regroup. Then go play another game. /Rant Have a great day. Im done posting in this forum unless is to report a bug or ask a question to rocket and dayz staff. Something thats gonna help the game progress. Grow the fuck up everyone in here... Edited by Zul
  • Like 2

This no Respawn button thing is stupid, SO, if I get stuck in the debug spawn, stuck in the floor or stuck in the countless other bugs then I can't do anything about it? I have to run 45 minutes with a brand new character through the debug spawn, I would only do that if I have equipment I don't want to lose, seems pointless, that would put me off playing.

Edited by Taco

It's so easy to predict what you people will say/post it's sad. It's pretty funny this is what the forums have turned into. Post your opinon get attacked, told to "gtfo" and people act like they know what game is for me and what isn't. I've playing day-z regularly for a while and enjoy it so im pretty sure the game "is for me". The funny thing is if rocket posted that he was adding a feature to choose where you spawn the same people trolling me would be telling rocket what a great idea that is.

It's so easy to predict what you people will say/post it's sad. It's pretty funny this is what the forums have turned into.

Edited by sivart

who cares about the respawn ...... your argument is invalid the mass majority of us know how to navigate ..those that do not will learn ..you attack Rocket comparing him to the second coming and you expect not to be flamed ....we got Rockets back you're just going to have to deal with that .....bros before forum hoes

No im saying that YOUR not having fun. So stop the crying and go play a different game. Im having a shit ton of fun. Everygame is different. this game makes you try and navigate and survive to regroup with your party. Its different! Im tire of all the same shit from all other games. Send an invite they join you play. I been waiting for a game like this for along time. Im not gonna have crybabies fuck that up for people that actually like the way things are. Different. Dont like the fact that you sucked and die and now have to walk 15 minutes to regroup. Then go play another game. /Rant Have a great day. Im done posting in this forum unless is to report a bug or ask a question to rocket and dayz staff. Some thats gonna help the game progress. Grow the fuck up everyone in here...

I am having fun. You've never once played with me so how would you know. Actually I have a BLAST playing day-z and I still will have fun after this hotfix. I just said the respawn feature should stay and make the game even more fun! playing with friends is a lot of fun everyone!!

hacked weapons,

I'm just curious on this one weather or not you mean they are spawning weapons or that a player picks up a weapon that was hacked in from a dead player or tent. Just wondering because we recently picked up a silenced m4 from a tent and can't find it (or rather the mods to it) on any weapon lists.

Thanks

Secondary effort is the cooldown, and the "5 second survival of character on logout".

I don't mean to sound rude, but I couldn't have a shit in 5 seconds.

Gun fights will be at most 5 seconds long? There needs to be some tension of them actually escaping not just rounding a corner and clicking log. 30 seconds should be a minimum and 5 - 10 minutes after you've actually killed a player.

Great job working on the mod and all and it's great you're moving in the right direction to stop such an enormous exploit in the game but still.

Edited by itputsthelotion
  • Like 1

It is a game to many of us. If you treat it as something else then that's absolutely fine.

I don't look upon a game as a time-sink, I look upon it as "I'm up for a good/fun time"

If you feel differently, who the fuck do you think you are to tell others how to treat something they enjoy? I'm not saying you have to play.. Err, I mean "Endure?" the same way I do. There are many different players, and just because they don't match up to your expectations of what a player of this game should be doesn't mean you have the aforementioned "right" to dictate who should and shouldn't be playing this.

who cares about the respawn ...... your argument is invalid the mass majority of us know how to navigate ..those that do not will learn ..you attack Rocket comparing him to the second coming and you expect not to be flamed ....we got Rockets back you're just going to have to deal with that .....bros before forum hoes

How did I attack rocket? I was saying how you people treat him. Rocket doesn't need you to "get his back" he does just fine on his own. If anything comparing rocket to the second coming is the greatest thing to ever say about someone :)

Edited by ryeezy

I don't care whether or not we get to choose our spawn location. To me, it is utterly irrelevant.

What I do care about is people like you who fail to realize that this is an experiment and attack the change without even playing it. If you had just been more objective with your voice I wouldn't have had a problem. However, you instead look at the situation with little perspective and care only about your own selfish desires.

Yes, I understand and agree with you. My point, however, was that this type of automated system can flag people who are just trying to find a stable server. And I find it hard to believe that the mod will ever have the manpower to go through the logs and scrutinize them sufficiently to only catch people who are doing wrong and not those who are legitimate.

As for your RL analogy... I am a bailiff for a district court criminal judge, as well as having a father and brother who are both criminal defense attorneys, so I have a fair amount of experience with this. I can tell you for certain that "check everyone to catch the bad guys" is a flawed and broken argument. Beyond the flagrant abuses of stop and search by the police, there is the little issue of your eroding rights of protection against unreasonable search and seizure (US argument obviously, may not extend to other countries). But this is going horribly off-topic so I will shut up.

Thing is a player trying to find a stable server is going to server hop half a dozen times a most and then chances are they won't be picking up loot or in high loot locations. This would be logged. One would only have to cross reference this data to separate the illegitimate from the legitimate players.

Also my RL analogy wasn't being literal, it was more of an example of how this system works. Plus this would be an automated system that's controlled by the people making the laws as it were so there is very little if not any chance of abuse.

I can see your point though, I can image some innocents getting caught up in it. But I guess that's what this analyzing and testing is about. Trying to develop and perfect the system.