rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

What might be handy to add is a message like " "Name" disconected from game (by user)" or something like that when someone manually leaves the server/shuts down the game. This way people can report these people to the admins of the server easier.

At the same time tho it might lead to some confusing situation were you start shooting someone but he's hiding and then some1 disconects on the other side of the world. If you didn't catch the name of the player you're were shooting you might acuse an innocent player of alt-F4ing.

Just an idea tho.

You have to fix the stupid green hourglass... its damn slowly and I can't do anything...

Its stupid If I know: Hm I can't survive because I'm bleeding but I have to wait 3 minutes now! That sucks ._.

@rocket

is the bug fixed that you can fall out of an chopper without any reason ?

@rocket

is the bug fixed that you can fall out of an chopper without any reason ?

if that would be true i would like to see paracute ingame :D

You have to fix the stupid green hourglass... its damn slowly and I can't do anything...

Its stupid If I know: Hm I can't survive because I'm bleeding but I have to wait 3 minutes now! That sucks ._.

It's for passing out. Passing out is realistic and 3 minutes is not a long time. Day Z is deadly, it's not a pink summer-breeze with ponies.

Either wait for yourself to wake up (but it would seem you DC:d when you got shot and then reconnected, and this is partly to counter that.) and fix yourself or have a friend come and patch you up.

Oh, and in case you did DC after being shot, don't. This will repeat.

it's not a pink summer-breeze with ponies.

Certain developers would disagree.

sunshine, lollipops and rainbows

everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together~

Rocket plz bring out the new patch before the weekend so i can play it all weekend :D

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

AWESOME, looking forward to seeing helicopters back on the horizon! thanks rocket, u da man!

I would like to see who killed me. :) So i can remember his name and hunt him down ^^

• Like 1

I would like to see who killed me. :) So i can remember his name and hunt him down ^^

Afaik this is already implemented to some degree. There should be a "XXX murdered/killed YYY under friendly fire" or sth

Oh, nice. But i think he wont be at the exact position of the kill if you get there..

It's for passing out. Passing out is realistic and 3 minutes is not a long time. Day Z is deadly, it's not a pink summer-breeze with ponies.

Either wait for yourself to wake up (but it would seem you DC:d when you got shot and then reconnected, and this is partly to counter that.) and fix yourself or have a friend come and patch you up.

Oh, and in case you did DC after being shot, don't. This will repeat.

He could be talking about the bug though. Sometimes player login and randomly have a REALLY long passout time, anywhere from the regular 5 minutes, too HOURS. I personally had it happen. I died in the north and respawned. Ran up to nw airfield to patch up my friend. Got him fixed up and we looted the barracks. We then decided to return to our home server, and wanted to loot the barracks before we set back on our trip to camp. We changed servers and my friend was passed out when he joined. I epi penned him and we logged out. We logged back in and we were both unconscious... keep in mind my character had NEVER BEEN IN SHOCK OR IN A FIREFIGHT. Its and annoying bug and I hope its fixed lol. But then again the guy could just be a alt-f4er.

hey i have a probleme when i join some servers it says i need to have a up to date battle eye client version...

and then kicks me what do i do.

nah, this is no realistic.. how should you know his name? that's why you only can see friendly kills when you are in a group and arma recognises it.

it would be better just to mark..

xx was eaten by zombies

or

xx was murdered

so we know whether one died of zombies or through a trigger, a headshot symbol would be fun to.

@JESUSARIUS REX

well deserved.. server hopping is not allowed ^^

Edited by mdevch
  • Like 1

Seriously how easy is it to hack this game???... looks like i'll start to hack too... there seems to be no down site and i died 2 in a row because of it. Rocket obviously has no intention other than ignoring it. Oh well

lol are u shittin me? no intentions.. wtf are u on about? u might wanna browse through the forum a bit before making such a retarded statement.. christ

Edited by turtleracer
  • Like 1

nah, this is no realistic.. how should you know his name? that's why you only can see friendly kills when you are in a group and arma recognises it.

it would be better just to mark..

xx was eaten by zombies

or

xx was murdered

so we know whether one died of zombies or through a trigger, a headshot symbol would be fun to.

I think it should stay the way it is. The guessing and paranoia of guessing whether it was a zombie or another person that took his life :)

@JESUSARIUS REXwell deserved.. server hopping is not allowed ^^
You obviously can't read or don't know what server hopping is... let me explain what server hopping is and what I did. Server hopping is switching from server to server in a high loot area in order to find low spawn rate items. I was on a server and simply switched to another, and figured I might as well loot the barracks while I was at it. Fyi I didn't even find anything I good. Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

hey i have a probleme when i join some servers it says i need to have a up to date battle eye client version...

and then kicks me what do i do.

Can someone help me

Can someone help me

Not in topic, but i had that too, i fixed it by deleting the checkfilelist.lst in both arma2 and OA folder and let steam check the setup to download them again.

So, any chance this update will fix the L85A2? found another one at a crash, 2 hours later, server restarts and it is gone from my hands once more...have one last L85, afraid to remove it from my backpack at this point.

I've had 0 problems with it.. found 2 of them 3 days ago and i still have em

What it means is that the tents will stop respawning the gear that was saved. The tent deleting thing is because at the current moment, if you want to save stuff in your tent, you need to place it, save it, wait for the server reset, then place the items in them and save it again. This patch MIGHT also fix that, as I know it is annoying, placing a tent and not being able to put your stuff into it.

If your tent is still loosing its gear inside of it, that is an issue with said server. I went on one server, and the sever first ate my items, then the next restart it ate my tents too...made me a sad panda.

If I gathered correctly, at the moment the more recent tents that happen to have an ID of over 1 million are the only ones having major issues saving like Rocket stated. We wondered why our latest tents weren't saving items at all but now understanding this it seems pretty trivial. Our initial tents that we placed a couple of weeks ago had ID of under a million, whereas our more recent tents fell over the mark.

Can someone help me

Download the battleye DLL for the beta and put it into your beta folder named battleye. This is, ofcourse if you have the new beta installed. If not, type "arma 2 beta" into google and download and install the latest one. Its on this green bar in the top middle corner to the left.

You obviously can't read or don't know what server hopping is... let me explain what server hopping is and what I did. Server hopping is switching from server to server in a high loot area in order to find low spawn rate items. I was on a server and simply switched to another, and figured I might as well loot the barracks while I was at it. Fyi I didn't even find anything I good.

I think he reads just fine. You said that you did exactly what your definition of server hopping is. Even if you hop to a different server and go, "Oh, I'm close to the airfield! I should go loot it!", you are still server hopping for loot spawns.

What you are saying is the same as me saying, "Oh yeah, I was getting shot at right when my kid woke up, so I had to Alt+F4. Oh, but I didn't get anything good, just a poop diaper."

The point being, that you are using justification. You even express it in, "Fyi I didn't even find anything I good."

Anyway, this is off-topic. C'mon 1.7.2.4! We rounded up a car load of chopper parts in anticipation!

Edited by Nitewing03

Target date:

* Wednesday 25 July 2012 (GMT)

* Updated to Tuesday 24 July 2012 (GMT)

IS THIS A BAD JOKE?

Rocket please fix the m136 rocket launcher! it's bugged and we can't fire with it! google it or youtube it!

I think he reads just fine. You said that you did exactly what your definition of server hopping is. Even if you hop to a different server and go, "Oh, I'm close to the airfield! I should go loot it!", you are still server hopping for loot spawns.

What you are saying is the same as me saying, "Oh yeah, I was getting shot at right when my kid woke up, so I had to F4. Oh, but I didn't get anything good, just a poop diaper."

Not really. What was I supposed to do run 599 miles away from the airfield before switching to my home server. I didn't just look through the barracks and log off. I looted BOTH barracks and then left for my camp.Edit: the MAIN REASON for me switching servers was to get to my camp. My friend just happened to be at the barracks when a zomb broke his leg.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX