rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Give it a rest fan boy. You wouldnt know decent gaming if it hit you in the face.

I'm not the one making sideways threats

some of yall need to learn how to post without all this crap. this forum is full of exaggerations, threats, 'why' questions, overuse of the word "broken", and a bunch of crap that doesn't help make the game better at all

• Like 3

Give it a rest fan boy. You wouldnt know decent gaming if it hit you in the face.

aaaaaaaand someone is forcing you to play this game? you must really be angry about having a small penis and have to be angry about something posted on the internet.....

• Like 1

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

Oh fuck off... Thats just going to make me force die just to spawn nearer to people i play with..

Thank god for WarZ announcement.

At a certain point you will probably get tired of getting yourself killed and just start running towards the people you wanna play with.

But maybe you have to see it a little different: what it does is actually increase the importance of staying alive even more. This is what the mod is all about right now, surviving.

And if your life isnt worth anything it is senseless.

What I would like to see at this point would be more danger outside of the cities. In that way the meeting with your buddies wouldnt be

"walking through the forest for hours"

but it would be

"the epic journey to meet up with my friends, full of danger and adventure"

... and it would be awesome if you could drop that, thx

Oh fuck off...

• Like 1

From the latest beta patch notes:

[93812] Fixed: Restrict gamma value set by profile

[93809] Fixed: Restrict brightness value set by profile

Huzzah!

Oh nice thanks!

• Like 1

Being able to press respawn over and over to get what you want is decent gaming?

Yet you think arma2/game engine is decent? Lol'd a little.

dude if you are going to bitch about how much a game sucks then why even play it. i think they still have farmville... enjoy and leave.

you should use Charmin Ultra Strong.

348 post and is all crying about this game and how "bad" it is, i lol'd a little too! GTFO Asshole we dont need your trolling ass in this community. You fucking piece of shit! Edited by Zul
  • Like 1

dude if you are going to bitch about how much a game sucks then why even play it. i think they still have farmville... enjoy and leave.

Rather: Leave and enjoy.. :D

348 post and is all crying about this game and how "bad" it is, i lol'd a little too! GTFO Asshole we dont need your trolling ass in this community. You fucking piece of shit!

Must be awkward being shit at a game n so mouthy :S

• Like 1

Patches!!! Yay!!!! Screw that man, tell me where to send the moola, dinero, cashola, benjamins, greenbacks, fundage, ka-ching, etc...lets get the standalone moving. Do I need to go to BI and put some of them on shakedown? Who's legs do I have to break for them to cut you some funds? 700k plus new players and Arma 2 #1 selling game on Steam. Time for them to kick down and get the party started.

I know you want to tweak and work on ideas before moving to standalone and what not, but (your idea) is already being copied (well sorta) and marketed by other developers now. I am sure BI would give you their game engine.

Edited by Rakkasan
  • Like 3

* [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)

Wait so, is it still possible to find ghillie suits and other clothing now? Or they can't be found until 1.7.2.4?

Also, what other clothing is there?

Edited by Foogles

Wait so, is it still possible to find ghillie suits and other clothing now? Or they can't be found until 1.7.2.4?

As of 1.7.2.3 ghillies or camo wont spawn. 1.7.2.4 should fix this

Dude you are so pro at gaming that is going to take you so far in life! Your daddy will be so proud of you when you make it in to the pro gamer hall of fame making millions!.... oh wait

this just in there is no pro gamer hall of fame and people make millions making games and selling them to people like you..... well i guess that about sums it up

Rocket (and game developers) 1

Whiney little bitch that flips burgers at McDonalds (AKA Ejaculacid and every other kid bitching on the forums) 0

that is what you "pro gamers" call GAME OVER

• Like 1

There is ghillie and camo clothing.

Also, @Rocket can we get a brief on some of the un-confirmed changes so we can get an idea of the things you're working on. Just to keep the conversation rolling instead of this flame.

P.S even though I'm aware of the irony of the statement I just said, It excites me to see new changes.

Edited by Booker

i will live until the day that military zombies will drop weapons/ammo instead of watching servers hoppers take all the good loot :)

perhaps this day could come on the same day the ammo refill relog bug will be fixed. :)

cheers

love dayz

yeah you would know how terrible i am at this game. You sure know me very well huh? Idiot...

I'm all for gathering stats about login / logout and whatever, but you shouldn't take action on these until things stabilize. I'm experiencing lots of servers that remain stuck at "loading" screen or during "creating character..." so I do have to hop.

I'm also lucky enough to have relatively stable power grid where I live but still, as I usually play between 23:00 and ~ 4:00, it's not uncommon to have a short power outage every couple of weeks or so.

Same with the Internet connection, my ISP has 10-30 minute windows of maintenance once in a while which are performed at the least busy hours... after midnight, when i play.

In my opinion, each server (and the main server) should log when player is getting shot, or starts bleeding, or even if there's other players in the close proximity of this player (50-100m circumference) and if there's a disconnect within 30 seconds or so it's kind of a high chance that person aborted on purpose...

• Like 2

It will be fixed in 1.7.2.4. So for now you can not find any clothing.

Apart from the ghillie suit there is camo clothing.

[edit] damn I'm slow [/edit]

Edited by Reecon

Man, reading this thread is hard work.

I really like the idea of the Respawn being activated in times of trouble (ie: debug forest or if you have a fracture)

Last night i was wandering around when i spied a deer stand. Being fully armed and geared up (and a bit too confident and cocky) i just rolled in with the idea of headshotting the three or so Zeds. Little did i know that there was a small building nearby that also spawned Zeds. Soon i had 7 screeching terrors racing at me. I took down 5 but the sixth once hit me once and broke my leg. Not having morphine i crawled to the deer stand and decided my fate. I couldnt be bothered to crawl or wait and i would have Respawned if i didnt have a frag grenade on me. I waited for the Zeds to Respawn and then climbed down the ladder to aggro them all towards me. Once surrounded i dropped the frag grenade at my feet and blew us all to kingdom come.

My point - if i didnt have the grenade or a Respawn button what would i have done? I suppose i could have let the Zeds eat me - but is this a viable suicide option, to be eaten alive?

Firstly, we will do what DayZ always does... we will collect data.

At the same time, initially, login cooldown will be applied (and grow) where you transfer to another server, and cooldown will be applied significantly if you try and reconnect to the same server (with an alive character). Once we have enough data, we will use that to determine algorithms that detect a players behavior over a period of time. This will allow us to then start applying warnings > punishments > database bans; to those players who continue the behavior.

Damn that sounds so Hot.

black_mage_boner_178399434.png

I'm all for gathering stats about login / logout and whatever, but you shouldn't take action on these until things stabilize. I'm experiencing lots of servers that remain stuck at "loading" screen or during "creating character..." so I do have to hop.

it's been said a few times that you don't have to worry if you were never able to successfully connect

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

Oh fuck off... Thats just going to make me force die just to spawn nearer to people i play with..

Thank god for WarZ announcement.

Too bad you can't play screenshots...