Henyo10

Day Z is soon to be dead

OMG if your old school WTF am I ? (1966)

You're an ankle biting Noob! (1965)

You're an ankle biting Noob! (1965)

You don't get credit for years prior to the existence of video games, sorry.

The guy producing War-Z only has one other game to his credit, that game scored 8/100 on metacritic.

Here is my thoughts on this. I think a Zombie MMO has been need for a while. What DayZ has done has shown other developers that their is an interest in Zombie MMO. O and just so you know War Z isn't the only Zombie MMO in the works there is another one being developed for the Xbox 360 called Class 3. I can tell you right now that the second DayZ made a splash in game world other developers took notice and are going to try there hand at a Zombie MMOs.

DayZ has a lot of flaws, and Rocket talks a big game about expanding doing this and that but till he gets funding it's all talk. I'm not saying that DayZ will fail and players will stop playing. I'm only saying that he is giving developers ideas. He showing them what works and what doesn't. He is showing them exactly what players like and what they don't like. He is helping them improve there game and they will reap the rewards for it.

Rocket has great ideas for the future of DayZ but the lack of funding, slow development isn't helping his cause any. I'll be honest with you, I think at the rate DayZ is being developed and made it will take serveral years before we see a finished polished version of DayZ.

I don't know what the future holds for DayZ. I can't predict whether DayZ will continue it's popularity or if it will fade away. I think more then likely it will continue to have a fan base but as Zombie MMO come out it's population will shrink down to nothing but its hardcore fan base. I think with out funding and development in to a full fledge MMO or Game of some sort it has very little chance to hold on to it's popularity. Not saying it will die out only that it will not be the next big thing. It will be that mod that could have been and that lingers on through its hardcore fan base.

That is just my thoughts on subject.

here is where war z will win, all the people that are used to playing CoD will go play it, where a realistic mil-sim is non existant, just shiny weapons that where you point and shoot, sniper rifles can kill from across the map, run and gun, and "safe points" protected by NPC's...sounds like an open world left4dead in my opinion.

dayz will live because of the realism of mil-sim. i'm staying with dayz where a I don't have to dump a whole magazine into a guy for him to kill over.

Edited by cruelntention

Since these topics are appearing everywhere, I guess I’ll repost an earlier response here too:

For those of you who think The War Z will be the ultimate in zombie apocalypse survival simulator you will be sadly disappointed. It’s nothing more than a War Inc mod. We all have no idea what the completed version of DayZ will be like, whether its standalone or DLC is of little consequence.

The War Z will not live up to its expectations, but that’s not to say some other developer won’t, or already hasn’t started making their own unique version of DayZ. The popularity of DayZ as a mod to an outdated game hasn’t gone unnoticed by the gaming community, and the explosion of internet traffic after the announcement of The War Z has undoubtedly raised even more eyebrows.

Sure, the list of features currently being propagated by The War Z are impressive, and for many survivalist their exactly what they’re looking for in such a game. Problem is The War Z will fail horribly in their execution of said promises. Obviously no one owns the idea of a zombie apocalypse survival game, and surely other developers will notice gamer’s interests in the genre and make similar games. You’ll have to be patient though, just like everyone currently playing DayZ now has to be patient for a final product. Making games takes time, and making a good or great game can take years.

• Like 1

What I don't get is why people are comparing a game that is working in Alpha stage (Day Z) and a game that is merely a wishful thought (War Z).You can't compare what you haven't played. I think Day Z is great when it works and horrible where it doesn't work. For example - when players meet it'sall about who shoots first. You cannot trust anyone, because everybody shoots you. It would be nice if there was a way to negotiate with other players and have a seize fire. Also hacking is really annoying, if you started to care about your character.

However, from the music to the scripts and zombie movement patterns this game is great. It feels fantastic and fun and is very unique in the pace. I do love it a lot, but I'm worried about how it can be made bug free/ hacker free. If the quirks can be worked out it will be a fantastic game. It needs more options for player interaction (gestures), and I really don't like all the friendly fire. It adds to the suspense, but the result is that I now kill everyone I see, instead of trying to talk.

What really bothers me about day z is the imminent death of it from two things; Arma 3 and War Z.

Arma 3 is coming up and at this stage day z is still in alpha. I really hate it when people respond to a bug/glitch with "It's alpha, deal with it" or "you're here to test the game since its alpha". Its been in Alpha for quite some time and once it becomes beta, Arma 3 would have been released. Seeing as Arma 3 is coming up and from the looks of it Day z will continue to still all be a mod rather than an integral part of Arma 3, throws me off that it will remain to being buggy and out of place with regards to the engine.

Though rocket said that there will be a stand alone game, there is a new game coming up, War Z, almost identical to Day Z even down to the name. War Z isn't speculation or a rumor, its a full fledged game based around a zombie apocalypse rather than being a mod to an army simulator. Even though they obviously copied Day Z, they're doing the right thing for the consumers in that they're paying full attention to it being the main focus of the game rather than a mod or a bonus mode of a game.

So I'm thinking if Day Z wants to survive, in my opinion they should just stop trying to make Day Z work on Arma 2 and make a stand alone game or make it an integral part of Arma 3 but I highly doubt the latter would happen.

All your arguments are baseless on the fact that you're assuming things that have not yet come to be. Arma 3 doesn't have zombies, so Arma 3 players will come back to Day Z for zombies. As for War Z, its filled with a bunch of hollow/empty promises at least until they show us something promising. Until then, I don't really think you can claim that the game is going to kill Day Z.

• Like 1

The bottom line is that I am significantly more intelligent than all of you and my arguments are more eloquently crafted and use sounder logic than yours

If you don't realise that "more eloquently crafted and sounder logic" doesn't mean jackshit on the internet, then you are as dumb as you sound...regardless of how "significantly more intelligent" you think yourself to be!

here is where war z will win, all the people that are used to playing CoD will go play it, where a realistic mil-sim is non existant, just shiny weapons that where you point and shoot, sniper rifles can kill from across the map, run and gun, and "safe points" protected by NPC's...sounds like an open world left4dead in my opinion.

dayz will live because of the realism of mil-sim. i'm staying with dayz where a I don't have to dump a whole magazine into a guy for him to kill over.

I'm just going to laugh, not at you specifically as a human being, but at the thought of DayZ being a reslitic milsim.

Dude, it's WoW PvP server with zombies and guns, I'm sorry but that's what it is. It is the same concept as exhibited by PvP servers on MMOs.

Avoid good fights, camp lowbies. No rewards except the kill and you made someone's life miserable.

I wonder, if people mostly like the mil-sim part of dayz, why not just play Arma2? Zombies don't add that much to gameplay anyway.

Edited by qwertynotme

I read that WarZ will have skills to learn and a level up system. That right there makes me want nothing to do with the game.

Dead Island is a masterpiece if you look for a good COOP. What an idiot

that's your opinion. people who like good games don't like Dead Island

What really bothers me about day z is the imminent death of it from two things; Arma 3 and War Z.

Arma 3 is coming up and at this stage day z is still in alpha. I really hate it when people respond to a bug/glitch with "It's alpha, deal with it" or "you're here to test the game since its alpha". Its been in Alpha for quite some time and once it becomes beta, Arma 3 would have been released. Seeing as Arma 3 is coming up and from the looks of it Day z will continue to still all be a mod rather than an integral part of Arma 3, throws me off that it will remain to being buggy and out of place with regards to the engine.

Though rocket said that there will be a stand alone game, there is a new game coming up, War Z, almost identical to Day Z even down to the name. War Z isn't speculation or a rumor, its a full fledged game based around a zombie apocalypse rather than being a mod to an army simulator. Even though they obviously copied Day Z, they're doing the right thing for the consumers in that they're paying full attention to it being the main focus of the game rather than a mod or a bonus mode of a game.

So I'm thinking if Day Z wants to survive, in my opinion they should just stop trying to make Day Z work on Arma 2 and make a stand alone game or make it an integral part of Arma 3 but I highly doubt the latter would happen.

How did War Z copy Dayz? The game must have been in development for quite awhile to have beta later this summer.

You don't get credit for years prior to the existence of video games, sorry.

Awwww! (1964)

Competition. Competition is what makes a good game. It was bound to happen, you can't make a mod with this much popularity and think no one would try to go on with the same ideas.

Dayz need funding of some sort if wants to compete with not only warz but with the future zombie games that are going come out.

[...]

War Z isn't speculation or a rumor, its a full fledged game based around a zombie apocalypse rather than being a mod to an army simulator. Even though they obviously copied Day Z, they're doing the right thing for the consumers in that they're paying full attention to it being the main focus of the game rather than a mod or a bonus mode of a game.

I accidently ended up on this thread when looking for the post where someone mentioned Mortal Online not too long ago, but I just wanted to ask..

How did things turn out?

/pointless resurrection of an irrelevant thread

• Like 1

I accidently ended up on this thread when looking for the post where someone mentioned Mortal Online not too long ago, but I just wanted to ask..

How did things turn out?

/pointless resurrection of an irrelevant thread

Warz died a burning rape death and rocket went to everest

• Like 3

Last July was a magical time.

An error has occured you reached your limit of bean distribution for the day.

I will return sweet prince

• Like 1

Warz died a burning rape death and rocket went to everest

It was more of an ironic question meant to point out the fact that nothing happened the way people expected.

• Like 1

It was more of an ironic question meant to point out the fact that nothing happened the way people expected.

I know I smushed some literal apple sauce on it

• Like 1