rocket

Build 1.5.8 rolling update

Ive got some concerns about the new features.

- How is it possible to have temperature drops, when you are running.

- The drop rate of temperature is unrealistic.

- The wood should take up 1 slot. Because you have to carry a shitload of it if you travel around alot. (which basically is the point in this game and now everyone is camping out in the big cities near the coast. Because travelling became harder now)

- The new inventory system is fine but it conflicts with the chat bug, button bug. (Button flash when you shift + tab to Steam overlay. Sometimes shift tabbing works to fix it or it doesnt fix it and you have to alt tab completely out of the game. And in some of my cases even restart the game)

- Wood is still very rare up north.

- I looked for antibiotics did not find any of it anywhere.

- Winchester pellets might have been overpowered against players. But for the running zombies they where perfect. Other ammo is simply idiotic to use seeing how sometimes the servers lag and you simply cant hit the zombies. Plus other shotguns still have pellets so why not the winchester.

My personal opinion.

I do not like the new features. I think its taking a turn for the worse with the new temperature thing. But it can be adjusted to fit right into the rest of the mod. The inventory is fine but takes getting used to.

A bug i have found:

When you sometimes switch for a weapon you found on the ground the old weapon disappears together with all the ammo. It wont drop on the ground or into your backpack or anywhere else.

Some servers still haven't had the patch update. My clan plays on US12 and they haven't updated. We want to play the new patch.

I have gotten used to use the scroll wheel to select things, eat through it and use bandage and such. Now it is as fluent as before. Can you change it back.

Anyway' date=' I'm you're typical soldier. I'm finding the left of arc and the right of arc so I know how far I can stray each way :)

[/quote']

Now that we have this out of the way and put behind us, can we all shut up about it and get back to critiquing and improving the mod like we are supposed to for an alpha?

...Please?

Done.

I admit I lashed out too much. I'm just getting very tired of the level of hate players get for simply not liking the mod as is. This is a huge project that has taken the internet by storm, people are going to come here that only think they want DayZ. When that happens, they get treated like little kids and told to go play in the corner with a tow truck.

That does not mean I want the game to be easier, in fact I'm sort of hoping the aggro range on guns is increased by a lot. But if someone comes up and wants to know why there's no co-op version, or some idea to distinguish friend from foe (which, arm patches would be awesome when you think about it, espionage anyone?) they don't need the "GTFO carebear" treatment, they just need a link to the co-op zombie mod (even if it is stickied, people miss things). As long as nobody else fans a flame, the post dies and everyone's happy. Just because someone likes something different does not make them a carebear, it just means they came here thinking it would be fun and found they would have more fun in co-op.

So yeah Rocket, I apologize for getting riled up (remind me never to post again when I'm hungry either, that couldn't have helped). I don't mind your happy-go-lucky approach, I even like that and hope to see more of it.

Seriously though...unionized zombies...think about it...that's why we can't make the Zed count any lower, they've unionized. :p

Have you changed the zombie spawns back to old amount yet' date=' this game is unplayable to me until that happens.

[/quote']

I just got done stalking around Elektrozavodsk in broad daylight, zombies EVERYWHERE. I had NO problem. I think the zombie levels are PERFECT the way they are.

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

I'm happy about the Win nerf and the ladders especially. But I'm a little concerned about the zeds. Was the number of spawns lowered, or was the respawn timer raised for them. Because I personally hate neverending hordes of zombies, they should be finite til the zombies are dead or you are. When the respawn timer is rezzing them as fast as you're killing them I tend to *german rage kid*. But don't get me wrong, I do love obscene amounts of zombies to stealth around and/or fight while looting. I just hate seeing them spawn 10 feet away from me.

My couple of Pennies:

I have to say I love the new inventory system, its very simple and keeps mistakes from being made i.e. oops ate or drink or other happening also I think it adds immersion when you have to sort through your pack/have stuff organized makes a lil more sence to me that if I need to eat or drink or bandage I take a knee and pull out my gear other then just hitting 1 button and being done

I found wood, however I think I could have lived with the old way of making fire... seems like adding wood to the mix is just one more thing to take up space in the backpack and 1 more hurdle to jump through... usually i think more is better but for making fire I could probally surfice with just requiring it to be near a forest or wood instead of having to carry it... could being near forest as well as flat ground work?

The Win; dont care either way but anyone find one spawning with any ammo yesterday? I found 3 in a short play period and each one came with 0 ammo.. also never saw any ammo for it in about 50+ different spawns. Bad odds or?

The new Temp feature... Im sorta disliking, ITs cool, however as mentioned when im running and outa breath my temp should not be plumeting I could understand if I was laying down and not moving on a hilltop but running a marathon I should be able to maintain some body temp... Also it dropped insainly fast I would say 15minutes I dropped to about 70temp(estimating) I also noticed when I played next in the day my temperature did not go up? Bug? I stayed the same temp... Cool feature but right now just making it hard to travel and making nighttime even more less played and avoided.

Overall I like the new patch also assuming Lightning was addded as I had previously never seen it before. Was a nice touch to the rain.

Gah i was practically running around like a mad man in Cherno earlier today with my M1911 ganking every frickin zombie i saw. Then i ran into the church and got shot with 1 bullet from a winchester by some random guy.

Btw humanity is gone. Yet i still see people turn bandit skin and survivor skin. Whats up with that ? Shouldnt it be everyone same skin?

Sorry if I'm repeating someone else, but I looked around and couldn't see it mentioned.

I haven't found a single crashed Huey since this patch. I've been looking for most of the day but no luck. Did something happen to them that I didn't read?

Sorry if I'm repeating someone else' date=' but I looked around and couldn't see it mentioned.

I haven't found a single crashed Huey since this patch. I've been looking for most of the day but no luck. Did something happen to them that I didn't read?

[/quote']

I found a couple today since the patch+hotfix. They're still there.

- Winchester pellets might have been overpowered against players. But for the running zombies they where perfect. Other ammo is simply idiotic to use seeing how sometimes the servers lag and you simply cant hit the zombies. Plus other shotguns still have pellets so why not the winchester.

I think what's happening here is that the Winchester 1866 is slowly being turned back into what it should be - a rifle.

In real life' date=' the 1866 isn't a shotgun. The only reason I can think it's still using 12 gauge slugs in-game is because no one's bothered to make a model/entity for .44-40, which is what the 1866 [i']should be firing.

In any case, no lever-action shotgun could possibly hold 15 rounds; it'd have to be six feet long!

I'd welcome more shotguns to the game, such as a double barreled hunting shotgun or maybe a Winchester 1887, which would fire 5 shots rather than 15.

Downloaded the patch (update nicely) yesterday All good happy with that, althought the new inventrys got me killed a few times, me and a friend button bashed as per normal to get on a server, we got on UK (SAS) i think it was as soon as we got on, there waz a helli above my head aswell as 2 jets flying around, Quick question anyone else seen a jet before?, there was everything you could dream of having we seen in a space of about 5 minuites. Was this a Hack?

im sorry but i think its getting too complicated. its losing its purity.i didnt enjoy playing last night.

dont flame me just a thought.

Needing wood for a fire is absolutely fine in principal. The island is covered in wood. It's everywhere so finding wood for a fire should take no longer than a minute. When that's not the case then the realism being strived for is lost IMO.

Saw too many zombies spawning in front of me last night :-(

Zombies detecting me through fences and hitting me through fences is annoying too.

HOWEVER!!!! Still utterly amazing stuff. The existence of people like Rocket make me carry on being a gamer. If it was down to EA and Activision I'd have become a middle-aged golfer by now. Keep up the good work.

Love the patch, love more ways to die and more ways i HAVE to look after myself and worry about ;)

Just need to change the spawns of wood into the forest or inland small areas.

Now i got to find out were antibiotics are :P

This patch continues to improve things IMHO.

Needing fuel for fires? Check.

Can't drink seawater anymore? Check

Winchester now is louder? Check

Got wet, and its windy/cold/night? Possibility of getting ill? Check.

Now it's even more about looking after yourself as well as watching for Zeds and Bandits/other players. In other words, more survival.

Zeds seem to wander a bit more now too, less clumped together, although this may be psychological.

Excellent work.

New inventory system and being able to take water from ponds is great :)

No firewood in the forest or near the wood storage models located in the gardens of some buildings...basically, looking for wood for a fire is unrealistic if you are unable to use the wood that is all over the map.

Temp gauge is nice idea needs refining. There are no indications on how the surroundings are affecting the character. If it's sunny outside and you are lying in an field basking in the rays then I doubt I'd be dying from exposure...then again, it could be sunny and very cold. There is no way to tell.

Creeping up to a gas station that was empty and all of a sudden 10 zombies spawn around me...not good. There is no point planning a strategy of attack or doing reconnaissance on a town if the zombies are just spawning at random all over the place while I'm walking up the place (only a few meters away)

The best way to tackle the zombies would be to ensure that an area can be cleared. Any further zombie spawns should be outside a specified distance from the player to simulate more zombies wondering into the area. This is nothing to do with the amount of zombies as I'd like more of them but they have to be handled better to ensure the players have some a realistic awareness of their surroundings. Let a player get killed through the actions of others or their own stupidity but don't let them be killed by spawning a zombie up his arse.

These are just some thoughts after a few hours playing last night. Yeah, we all know it's an alpha and yeah, we all love Rocket. Keep up the good work :)

With those axes all over the game world, it could be a good idea in the future to use them for melee attacks and chopping wood from the threes and bushes, amongst other items of course.

Creeping up to a gas station that was empty and all of a sudden 10 zombies spawn around me...not good. There is no point planning a strategy of attack or doing reconnaissance on a town if the zombies are just spawning at random all over the place while I'm walking up the place (only a few meters away)

lol, I feel you brother! There are time when you can actually see the animation with the gun brought from the shoulder to the firing position, although, they're zombies, so no gun for them. :D

Regarding the loot, I think it should spawn at places even without the zombies being there. It's weird to approach a few buildings, most of them "locked" anyway and no lot at all in those outside toilets or rooms or structures with an entryway. No matter how small and insignificant, there still should be something there - a lighter, matches, knife, flashlight etc.

RE: The carebears comments.

I'm a New Zealander. I crack jokes to help relieve stress. I take very little seriously' date=' most of all myself. You probably won't find a more carebear player than me. No offense intended, but remember these forums are my home - so you will unfortunately see me swearing a lot and making the odd silly joke.

I figure you may as well know me as I am, warts and all, and then you can take me as I am without me pretending to be something I am not. Do I say the wrong things some times? yes. Do I make mistakes? yes. But I live and learn and hopefully I can learn fast enough to keep up with the mod :)

Take all my post's with a grain of salt :)

[/quote']

WTF, an moderator (oktabyr) threatened me because I used the word "carebear" and compared it to a racial slur.

Rocket can you please remove the secret 10fps update, as much as i love the 90s retro simulator - i really dont.

WTF' date=' an moderator (oktabyr) threatened me because I used the word "carebear" and compared it to a racial slur.

[/quote']

That's because it is a slur, albeit not a racial one. It is used disparagingly to refer to players that have a different play style than the person who is using the slur.