rocket

Build 1.5.8 rolling update

What was done to the Winchester' date=' just the pellets removed from the ammunition or has the damage been lowered?

[/quote']

Both, also it's now apparently louder (patch notes said it was "too powerful and too quiet").

I like how now the mod favours people that have a camp or an HQ of some kind to return to, since it's not that easy to carry around all that firewood like it wouldn't be in real life.

Glad they nerfed the Winchester. It was unrealistic. 15 shotgun rounds in one tube? What... is the gun 6 feet long' date=' or are we talking about 1 and 3/4th inch shells? http://www.midwayusa.com/product/255579/aguila-minishell-ammunition-12-gauge-1-3-4-5-8-oz-7-1-2-shot-box-of-20

Please...

[/quote']

The actual rifle had a 15 round tube magazine, so it's exactly how it's meant to be. It's not a shotgun anyway, it's a lever-action repeater.

Also, relating to the OP, what's with Rocket always offending his playerbase? Seems kind of silly to me; you wouldn't find a musician offending his fanbase.

Don't really see It as offending...

If I was making the mod and saw people screaming like little baby girls I would type the same thing on the update >.>

I think I speak for all when I say jaw-dropping work Rocket. Not just on what looks like an awesome update, but one of the best mods I've ever played.

With all due respect' date=' power without foresight is self-destructive.

Before jumping up and cracking jokes, think about just how many people are actually watching you right now. I feel I am not exaggerating when I say that the gist of the gaming community is checking this mod out, watching and seeing how it works. That's not your concern, understandable, but an ounce of prevention and all that. Red5 is pulling this off nicely, and I would have loved to read a joke about the Zombies unionizing to prevent being nerfed (or something similar).

Instead, I get a jab at the "carebear" demographic that, on paper, makes it look like you're demeaning them and making direct fun of them. Just throwing your hands up and saying "I kid! I kid!" isn't going to help when the rest of the community begins a witch-hunt for casual lovers (who, I might add, do come here and see the sticky on the general discussion). It comes off as EXTREMELY snobby, and makes you look immature at best. I know that's not you, but that's how it came off, and believe me when I say I can definitely not be the only one that reads it that way.

[/quote']

Really? I mean REALLY? You do remember you are on the Internet, aren't you? A lot of people see what you say here all the time! People call themselves fag*ots, ni**ers or other awful things and you pooped in your pants because he used a word carebear? I mean really, really? How much of a pansy can one man get? Don't get me wrong I am not one of those brown nosing fans that take everything Rocket says unquestionably, but making a scene because someone called you a carebear? What can I say, accept "Welcome to the Internet, bitch". Now kindly shut the hell up, and go criticize something that is actually worth it.

Jesus Christ on a cracker I really don't get you people...

Have you changed the zombie spawns back to old amount yet' date=' this game is unplayable to me until that happens.

[/quote']

To a lot of people, including me - a loner, it is playable, so maybe you should revise your playing style.

Everyone has a different level of skill and amount of time to play.

I get less than an hour a day to play this game, I don't want to have to spend that hour crawling along the ground on my stomach just to get a tin of beans.

The 1.5.6 amount of zombies was perfect for me.

Than maybe you should look for a different game? I'm not trying to be an asshole, don't get me wrong, but this is just this kind of game that requires a bit more effort and time. If you don't have time for it, than maybe you should find something that requires less of it.

There's a fine line between realism and fun, I shouldn't have to put in hours and hours and hours and hours to have fun, running for 20 mins only to get spotted by a zombie and have 30 super fast usain bolt zombies zig zagging from side to side chasing you from one side of the map to the other without stopping isn't fun.

The zombie speed was manageable when you could sneak into town with a lesser amount of zombies, now that they spawn in bigger numbers and wander to the outskirts of town its destroyed the fun this game had.

The only fun to be had with this game is if you group up with friends, I never read of any amazing solo experiences other than managing to get away from the zombie train you pull.

No it didn't destroy anything. It made it harder. I like that. A lot of people like that. You don't. So if the majority likes the difficulty and you don't, than maybe this game really isn't for you?

I like that you can speak for the majority, the fast vs slow zombie thread has people in equal measures.

Stop telling me this game isn't for me, I don't have any issues with any other games including Dark Souls which is ridiculously hard.

Its just this game has lost the fun factor for me and lots of other people.

I like that you can speak for the majority' date=' the fast vs slow zombie thread has people in equal measures.

Stop telling me this game isn't for me, I don't have any issues with any other games including Dark Souls which is ridiculously hard.

Its just this game has lost the fun factor for me and lots of other people.

[/quote']

That is going to happen though, if only due to it being in alpha. It's still having quite big changes happen, and no one will agree with all of them, but rocket has to tweak things in order to find the dynamic he is after.

I know its alpha, I'm just bored of being told to "Go back and play CoD ******* noob" or "omg you arent playing it right" or "maybe this isn't the game for you".

I only came to let Rocket know there are actually other people than the vocal lot who like it the way it is, there are just as many people who like it the way it WAS also.

If they are going to keep the large amounts of fast zombies there needs to be a way to kill them quietly then.

I don't speak for the majority, but after the initial butthurt that commenced after the 1.5.7. people actually got a hang of the zombies, and there not that much of a problem anymore. Sure there are still newbies that struggle with that, but after little time they will get the hang of that too. I understand that zombie spawn may be a little frustrating when they appear right before your eyes, but it will be fixed I presume. But if I understand you correctly your beef is with their number and the way they roam. If that's the case than this is exactly the road this mod is taking, and I would only expect it to get harder in this regard when the AI of the zeds is fixed. I understand I may sound rude, but it's not my intention, I'm just trying not to bullshit you. If you don't have the time and patience for this game than you will never achieve anything worthwhile here, so maybe it is better to look for something else, or change your approach accordingly.

Dear Rocket' date='

RE: Carebear Hate

Yeah because you creating this mod for us, for free isn't enough. We demand your freedoms as well, first to go is speech. How dare you make jokes, let alone use profanity? Don't you understand our lack of intellect and overall "retardism" is unable to process these kind of harmful statements?

I cry literal tears of blood when someone calls me mean names. I believe it's a condition called pussyhitis. You should really respect our weakness and not allow the harshness of the world to consume our pathetic existence.

I choose to live a sheltered life, how dare you attempt to bring me out of my shell.

Carebear is the worst of the worst in terms of derogatory statements. My level of cowardice and overall fragile being cannot take anyone brutal blows Rocket!

[/quote']

This.

I find it refreshing to see a dev who can speak to his community like he would speak to his friends. Not some filtered, nerfed BS.

There will always be someone out there that gets offended over nothing. You have to stay true to yourself.

If somebody cannot take a joke, tough shit, go and be miserable somehwere else ffs.

This is YOUR mod.

...now that the internet knows how I feel, I can sleep well lol ;)

If that's the road it is taking I might as well just stop playing now then. I dont want to play an ultra realistic zombie survival game.

I still think this game had the balance right with 1.5.6.

Funny' date=' I felt that this game had the worst time when 1.5.6 came in and everything went back to getting better, after 1.5.7.

Good thing for me though is that Rocket seems to lean my way :)

If they are going to keep the large amounts of fast zombies there needs to be a way to kill them quietly then.

There is:

- crossbow

- lure them away, kill them

- use diversion to clear a path ahead of you (flares, bottles, etc).

- don't trigger them.

If that's the road it is taking I might as well just stop playing now then. I dont want to play an ultra realistic zombie survival game.

I still think this game had the balance right with 1.5.6.

Don't get me wrong, I think the balance does need to be tweaked a few times until it's just right, but rocket needs the server/character data from each patch to see just how much tweaking is needed.

But yea, rockets intention was always to try and make a fairly realistic zombie survival game. I don't agree with all his choices, but given this is pretty much the first such game of it's kind, I'm here for the ride because I like the concept. If ultra realistic isn't what you're after, though, than yea, you're sadly going to end up disappointed.

Everyone has a different level of skill and amount of time to play.

I get less than an hour a day to play this game' date=' I don't want to have to spend that hour crawling along the ground on my stomach just to get a tin of beans.

The 1.5.6 amount of zombies was perfect for me.

[/quote']

In my opinion, crawling along the floor for an hour just to get a tin of beans is exactly what this game *should* be like.

It's an exaggeration though. Lots of areas have been completely cleared of zombies by other people, and all the food is rarely looted. The fact is this game so far hasn't really been a survival game. Getting food and water has been very easy and shelter/warmth has been irrelevant.

Have you changed the zombie spawns back to old amount yet' date=' this game is unplayable to me until that happens.

[/quote']

Wow - lucky that they are making this mod just for you then!

Seeing that we give the dev team nothing (at present) but feedback, they can do whatever they like IMO. As is constantly being repeated this is an alpha, and really, they owe us nothing. Feedback good, demanding bad.

Edit: I appreciate you want to get your feedback across, that's great. But the way that post sounds...

Stuck with final assignment didnt write on it the last week cause i've been DayZing and now you roll out awesomeness.1.5.8?

damn you Rocket....

Damn you to hell!!! :D

I know its alpha' date=' I'm just bored of being told to "Go back and play CoD ******* noob" or "omg you arent playing it right" or "maybe this isn't the game for you".

I only came to let Rocket know there are actually other people than the vocal lot who like it the way it is, there are just as many people who like it the way it WAS also.

[/quote']

This is the way it WAS. Before 1.5.6 (or 1.5.5, I can't exactly remember) there were just about as many zombies as there are now.