Ze poll  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How do you usually die?

• Zombies
    • Players
    • Bugs
    • Accidents
    • Other (explain in the thread)

Just out of curiousity, what kills you the most in DayZ?

For me, it's bugs :(

Still though, I'm curious to know more details about how you guys usually die. Do you die after a long run or do you die after about 5 minutes? Do you die with 20 murders or die with none? Explain a bit about the way you lived before you answer the poll on how you die.

Hackers. 3 times, masskilled.

Okay, that's not really true. Zombies before I learned to play, maybe 20 times. But since I became competent in the game (well, once I got to over 200 zombie kills), I've died mostly from hackers. I can tolerate bugs and dying from bugs in an alpha. But I am not confident DayZ will ever be able to control hacking with the current server model.

at the beginning it was a mix of Zeds n bugs

then it was Zeds n PvP

now its more like PvP unless i have died and started again and my patience is wearing thin ie running around like a loon looting as quickly as i can

Players (snipers specifically)

Never died to zombies, they're more like a big neon sign telling other players you are there.

And while we're at that subject, zombies really need to be static and not just be there to reveal other players (unless you've aggroed them)

I have only died from zombies twice and those were the first two spawns on the first day I started.

From then on I've probably died 5 times from bugs and 15 or so from PvP. I usually keep a character anywhere from 3-10 days before getting sniped. xD

First it was zombies, then it was accidentally by players who get spooked and empty half the mag in the floor before gunning you down, and afterwards they apologize, but dont hesitate to take all your loot and hide your corpse.

Now its all players, i'm fully geared? I get shot. I have a box of painkillers and a flashlight? I get shot.

Bugs, mainly doors and ladders all the time.

Zombies easily.

I simply don't have the patience to completely prone around and walk the extra mile for them everytime, and every once in a while they pull a magical one-hit leg breaking move or a one-hit knock-out and from there its game over unless you have a friend nearby.

First character: Lack of food/Zombies

Second (26 days): Bug, bus i was driving exploded randomly after zombie punched it.

• Like 1

It always comes down to me being careless, it's just the zombies and players reminding me of that when they kill me.

I kill myself.

After placing my equipment into our vehicles/tents I just click respawn. This way, I can start off fresh. Perhaps help some players along the way. I head north afterwards and loot the high-value spots. Hit some crashed helis here and there.

I have already found an AS50, NV Goggles, Rangefinder and a Bizon PP-19 SD thus far.

I laughed when I saw that bugs have been a greater threat than zombies in a zombie apocalypse lol.

I'd have to go players. Haven't been killed by a zombie in ages, once you know how they work they're easy to escape.

Not including the first initial deaths, it's been a mix.

I've been killed by players, bugs, a so-called friend who shot me for a quick laugh when I was fully geared up (NVGs,GPS etc) and hackers

Probably from falling and hitting the ground so hard that I die. Or from falling and breaking my legs which leaves me powerless so I kill myself.

The sniper in Cherno with the 50 cal. that i died trying to kill with my AKM.

Players.

I usually die in Cherno/Elektro Deathmatches after the rare zombie 1 hit knock out, or the Balota Airfield.

After I was shot in the back in Pulkovo (I think) by 3 *friendlies* in a church, losing my MK48, 240, and silenced M4, Ive resorted to rage-killing by spawning near Balota/Grabbing AK/ KIlling everyone and repeating.

Until this game/mod becomes less of a death match, this type of playstyle will only increase. This game has become 95% Shoot on Sight, armed or not, because everyone is percieved as a *threat* to everyone else.

Wow thanks for all the responses guys. I usually succumb to the log in death. Actually, I've only been killed by players twice and died to bugs several times. Longest life = 4 days :(

Kinda hard to say actually. I tend to die to zeds, even though i havn't had more than 5-6 lives. It's not the Zeds themselves, or me playing too aggressively thats causing it though. Seeing as i often have a hard time finding food, i get more desperate when i get more hungry, and this often causes me to get caught by a zombie. I have also been killed by a player at the beginning of a life.

I also broke a leg to a wall at one point, managed to crawl to some morphine though. Only had 5k health when i got there, and never really got health back before the Zeds took my life in Cherno.

Accidents by far, like turning around is a small corridor and then i break both my legs.

Not players because i am sneaky as fuck.

I can usually spot players before they spot me and keep my eye on them as I get out of dodge quickly. What get's me every damn time though is i get just a little to close to a man-eating bush or rock and get gibbed. I'll let it slide though, being in alpha. Sometimes I also get a bit carried away and think that maybe THIS TIME, JUST ONE TIME, I can crawl through a doorway without something fuckin' up. Then... I am proven wrong...

Edited by PunchClockVillain