chad57

Singaporean / SG server players, look no more! Small group of dedicated survivors is open.

whats JCC by the way? or OCS, forgot to ask

haha yeah I noticed the delicate palm trees in the background... :D

you were with the RAAF right? on exchange in singapore, almost all of my aussie friends are in the RAAF

JCC = Jungle Confidence Course

OCS = Officer Cadet School. It's part of SAFTI MI out in Jurong (end of the red line...)... OCS = damn sian... :(

I was in the RNZAF, then I left and worked civilian for a while... re-enlisted in Army and they sent me to Singapore on exchange.

• Like 1

whats JCC by the way? or OCS, forgot to ask

haha yeah I noticed the delicate palm trees in the background... :D

you were with the RAAF right? on exchange in singapore, almost all of my aussie friends are in the RAAF

Ooo joe, don't confuse aussies with kiwis mate, it's like difference between pakistani and indian, scottish and english, hongkongese and mainlanders....you get my drift :P

Serious need of help/guide. im new

i haz a lot of medical shiz on me and i need Lee enfield magz pl0x

thankyou

Edited by Aeozoid

JCC = Jungle Confidence Course

OCS = Officer Cadet School. It's part of SAFTI MI out in Jurong (end of the red line...)... OCS = damn sian... :(

I was in the RNZAF, then I left and worked civilian for a while... re-enlisted in Army and they sent me to Singapore on exchange.

Sweet, yeah i saw a few interviews where you described your life before dayz haha but didnt hear about singapore just that you were in the Air force and stuff (kinda makes me feel like a stalker now.. :( )

Singapore's a great place!, and it looks like you havent lost much of the local tongue all the chinese/malay words haha

Ooo joe, don't confuse aussies with kiwis mate, it's like difference between pakistani and indian, scottish and english, hongkongese and mainlanders....you get my drift :P

haha yeah i know, im English myself, i only get offended if someone mistakes me for a french guy...because....no one likes the french (jk) :P

Scottish i dont mind so much, but itll be a cold day in hell before any englishman gets confused for a scotsman lol they sound terrible.

Edited by Camper-joe

ill keep it short and simple.

1) Spawn

2) make sure you read the white letters in the bottom right when you spawn (they tell you your position)

- It will say "chernarus - which is the name of the map

- then it will say somewhere next where you are on the map i.e. chernogorsk"

3) go to http://dayzmap.info/ and look at the map,

- look along the coastline of the map for where it said you were find it to get your bearings

4) once youve found it navigate the map to the nearest town/city

5) if its day, run in find loot and crouch walk out (zombies walk inside buildings still so you can lose them in a building)

Rinse and repeat until you find enough loot and supplies to get out and head north :)

TIps

1) Dont get attached to ANYTHING! you will always lose it to bugs/glitches and bandits

2) beware in major cities for snipers in the hills

3) Beware of other survivors in the game, they are more likely to kill you than zombies use in voice chat to tell them youre friendly by holding caps lock

4) If they aren't friendly....run.

5) you can get quite close to a zombie if you crawl (use this to get past them in the city)(also make sure they are facing away from you)

enjoy :D

Edited by Camper-joe

thankyou

lee enfields and their mags spawn in almost every barn/residential building/pub =P just keep an eye out for bullets on the floor :) but use the M1911 for zeds, your enfield will attract way too much aggro.

Damn mass murder at the airfield :( :(

Lesson learned: DON'T EVER THROW OUT A LIGHT SOURCE IN THE MIDDLE OF AN AIRFIELD

Lesson learned: DON'T EVER THROW OUT A LIGHT SOURCE IN THE MIDDLE OF AN AIRFIELD

Which server?

SG #00

not hacker, just wrong moves that can get you killed...

Which server?

SG 00 at NWAF. I should have said we bail out to forest before dc'd cause of my sleep time. I'd rather stay with you and get into the last man standing firefight. I'm gonna check if your bodies are still there and loot them for you tomorrow. Damn. If only I didn't log out... Really sorry, guys.

Good group tonight!

Thanks to this forum thread, me and my friend managed to help out a guy who broke his leg in the mountains, then found 2 other guys and raided cherno for supplies and went up north. Finally feel some teamwork going with 5 guys helping each other out instead of just lonewolfing :P

Lessons learned:

1. Never walk around hotzones with light source around.

2. We should have waited silently at the first floor of firestation when chad got killed waiting for the killer to go down while watching every doors and stairs..

3. Never go to NWAF in the night without NVGs. NVGs bandits are everywhere.

4. If possible, don't logout even if it's your bed time, accidentally abandoning your friends behind. Dammit! My wrong move tonight. :(

Also, number 5, should have checked tower from a far. It's not quite good cause it's pitch black, though.

Anyway, good loot run tonight, guys. This is a harsh lesson for us. Don't be dishearted, we'll get back there someday with much more experience and kill those bandits. Looking forward to go with you again. :)

So I just got teleported into a goat deathmatch for the third time already and lost all my gear. Kinda bored of going solo. Would love to join a group.

I've been playing on the SG servers for a while, despite being from TH.

steam account is here.

Added already. :rolleyes:

Found this fellows neighborhood thread,I'm from Malaysia and I just brought this game and curently finding people to play with and teach me around,so add me up on skype : alfredvii

Got Steam?

Man these hackers are deliberately targeting admins >< I just got blown up by satchel charges twice. Had to bring down SG1 and SG3 and wait it out ><

The man of SG 1 & 3 himself. Well get used to it, killing admins is more satisfying.

Please add my steam account fakepooh =) i see u in game

Couldn't find it, add me instead; chad_frisco

Hey there.

New player here. Been dying like a baus playing solo, and most of my friends own a macbookpro, so they can't play this game yet.

Would be awesome to play with you guys.

I'm a Malaysian, currently studying in Melbourne.

Added Chad on steam.

Add me up! mrcspng

Added. :rolleyes:

thankyou

Got Steam?

Precious lessons are always expensive to pay.

SG 00 at NWAF. I should have said we bail out to forest before dc'd cause of my sleep time. I'd rather stay with you and get into the last man standing firefight. I'm gonna check if your bodies are still there and loot them for you tomorrow. Damn. If only I didn't log out... Really sorry, guys.

Don't bother it at all, I tried to check my body after getting died but it disappears after 2-3 hours.

Anyway I'll see if I can get myself a mic tomorrow, I believe things would've happened differently this night if I could only say something in the fire station.

Good group tonight!

Thanks to this forum thread, me and my friend managed to help out a guy who broke his leg in the mountains, then found 2 other guys and raided cherno for supplies and went up north. Finally feel some teamwork going with 5 guys helping each other out instead of just lonewolfing :P

Well that's good to hear, 5 guys is something to consider about. What's your IGN?

Edited by chad57

I did warn you guys that there are other players to your south. I would have ran away unless I'm looking for a fight.

I watched the video of your deaths, it only shows the killer on the roof running around then a muzzle flash which I believe is a killing shot.

dayz24.jpg

Your killer running around the roof. Too far for me to hit without a scope and I was surrounded by zombies so I couldn't spray at him.

It was... interesting playing with you guys, especially when you guys gathered together in the open exposing yourself to shooters. Usually the people I play with are hiding in trees and bushes or lying flat on the ground when we are not moving.

I did warn you guys that there are other players to your south. I would have ran away unless I'm looking for a fight.

I watched the video of your deaths, it only shows the killer on the roof running around then a muzzle flash which I believe is a killing shot.

dayz24.jpg

Your killer running around the roof. Too far for me to hit without a scope and I was surrounded by zombies so I couldn't spray at him.

It was... interesting playing with you guys, especially when you guys gathered together in the open exposing yourself to shooters. Usually the people I play with are hiding in trees and bushes or lying flat on the ground when we are not moving.

I see, well I heard footsteps when we were in the backyard, and I got killed by a shot out of nowhere, not from my sight nor my six. So that's my killer.

I think they were there just waiting to ambush us :(

Damn it need to resupply again...

dayz24.jpg

I agree. I always go prone or hide in the bushes when not moving. Another lesson to learn.

I think we can learn from Bear. From his movement, I know that he's the most experienced one from all of us. Hope you can teach us more, Bear. :)

I agree. I always go prone or hide in the bushes when not moving. Another lesson to learn.

I think we can learn from Bear. From his movement, I know that he's the most experienced one from all of us. Hope you can teach us more, Bear. :)

Yes SIfu, please teach us the skill of survival ..(._.)..

ouch, that sucks how many of you went down last night?

go find heli crash sights and get the L85A2, thermal vision is the best for bandits i cleaned out 2 from NWAF the night before. silent and deadly =]

I left my good gear like NVGs and L85 behind as I don't know you guys (I was doing this before meeting up with you guys). You can kill me or get me killed with bad tactics. And the reason I survived is because I broke off from the group to watch from a far so I wasn't far off. :P

I usually play with monocled gentlemen from a prestigious gaming magazine on US/Europe servers but it is hard to be on at the same time due to time zone difference. We are mostly done with Dayz and playing less often now. We got so bored once we had a race to Cherno, it ended up with loss of lives and vehicles. But it was fun. :)

ouch, that sucks how many of you went down last night?

go find heli crash sights and get the L85A2, thermal vision is the best for bandits i cleaned out 2 from NWAF the night before. silent and deadly =]

All but me and Dayzgamersg. We should have been more careful. Pain and Chad dc'd and we're confused due to the darkness. We should have run to forest once we know that Chad was killed.

Also, Bear. I didn't hear you saying there are people up the roof yesterday. Maybe I missed that. Sry, my bad.

Edited by Jean Jacques Serrault

Went grocery shopping with imutz last night and was wondering why it took so many pistol shots to down a zombie...

So, with the final 1.62 patch being released, quite a few weapons had their damage nerfed. I just finished updating the weapon comparison chart at DayZDB, but here's a quick list of what changed.

Makarov: 889 damage, down from 2000

G17, M9, M9 SD, PDW, MP5A5, MP5SD6, Bizon PP-19 SD: 889 damage, down from 1389

Revolver, M1911: 1389 damage, down from 4500

M1014, Remington 870, Double-barreled: slugs do 4500 damage, down from 6722

Lee Enfield: 6722 damage, down from 12500 (audible range 162m, down from 234m)

AK-74, AKS-74U, AKS-74 Kobra: 2722 damage, down from 3555

Sidearms are super weak now. Here's to hoping rocket increases their damage again in a DayZ patch.

Edited by Izz3
  • Like 1

big nerf to pistols :S wouldn't be so bad if the zombies don't warp so much. Headshots are kinda unreliable atm.

Edited by Izz3