bully (DayZ)

does your dayz (or arma2) run slow (EASY SOLUTION INSIDE)

Changing the value of the line "GPU_MaxFramesAhead" will probably only have a noticeable effect with slower/older GPUs.

Changing the value of the line "GPU_DetectedFramesAhead" will have no effect, as it is re-written every time you start the game.

Performace Dayz depends on the server, number of players, zombies around and not much of your computer, I do not know the words to explain techniques, but I hope someone can explain how this works exactly.

Edited by vacalouca

Hey guys,

yesterday i stumbeled upon a a post from a guy with a solution to get dayz to run better...after following his instruction my dayz (and arma2) runs GREAT now..really for me its a 100% fps increase ...from around 20 fps in ig towns to 40 fps in big towns ...and i can even set things to high now!

anyway the simple fix goes as follows:

go to "my documents"------.in that folder is a map called "ARMA2"----- open that map-------inside that map are 2 .cfg files namely: ArmA2.cfg and ArmA2OA.cfg.

when u open the cfg file with notepad u get like 10 lines of text.

only these 2 lines are important:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

change both those values to this:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

do this for both ArmA2.cfg as for ArmA2OA.cfg and your done!

really its that simple and makes (for me and from what ive read a whole lot of other ppl) a BIG difference!

maybe everybody knows about this allready but there you go...do yourself a favour and try it out..if it doesnt work for you u can always change it back to the old values.

when this is helping you and you meet me ingame (the name is Zed) give me a tin of backed beans plz (-:

I tried finding my files but they arent there and dont know where to look. Downloaded the game through gamestop via giftcard. Any suggestions. Already searched the computer and nothing

Just did this, on average I have 15~30 FPS, my hardware is: intel i5 480M, Radeon 6370HD and 4GB RAM.

Will edit this post in 30 minutes with report of my average FPS...

-Doesn't seem like it worked.

Edited by TheTamsen

How can reducing the number of pre-rendered frames increase FPS? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

When pre-rendering frames, the GPU renders frames all the time to catch up, but when not pre-rendering frames, it just sits and wait for when it's time to draw a new frame.

it is still very, very slow... mybe i did something wrong. after i changed the 2 things in both (in notepad) i just clicked on the x (top right for closing) and the cliked on save... is that ok? and if its not can some one help me or something please?

^^ Dude, just reopen it to see if they stayed were you set them.

These configs are here "C:\Users\Your PC ACCOUNT NAME\Documents\ArmA 2" folder. For most default systems.

Drawing no extra frames for advance frames does help with lower/middle systems. Not only is drawing currant frames, it also draws the next thousand, or what it is set to.

To use Ramdisk - this might help a few.

https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=899

I'm confused by the wording. What does that value do? What's the down side of a lower number?

Setting both of these to one removes pre-rendered frames. Trust me, it's a very helpful tweak. I use it right now.

How can reducing the number of pre-rendered frames increase FPS? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

When pre-rendering frames, the GPU renders frames all the time to catch up, but when not pre-rendering frames, it just sits and wait for when it's time to draw a new frame.

I'm really not sure how, but judging from this guys enthusiasm, I'd say it works. I use it, and the most noticeable effect is removing mouse lag.

after I did this I keep getting kicked because it says that I was using mods and that other data was deleted even though I only touched what was in the instructions. Help?!

Remember people.

Do not reply to August/July comments.

Thank you.

• Like 1

I know this is an old thread, but I really need some help. I have all of the files, but for some reason it says I cant open them. It says it needs to know what program to open it with. I click "use already installed program", and it just gives me the error again. I click "search the internet for correct program" and I get a new page to open, but it NEVER loads the page, just the URL and a whitescreen. Any suggestions?

Edited by Hawkeye0430

Hello there

Please, please do not revive dead threads. Let them rest. Start a new one, it's more likely your post will be seen.

Start a new thread and let us have a bit more info please. Im confused as to what you are trying to achieve?

If it's about the cfg mentioned in this thread then simply open it in notepad.

Rgds

LoK