bully (DayZ)

does your dayz (or arma2) run slow (EASY SOLUTION INSIDE)

Hey guys,

yesterday i stumbeled upon a a post from a guy with a solution to get dayz to run better...after following his instruction my dayz (and arma2) runs GREAT now..really for me its a 100% fps increase ...from around 20 fps in ig towns to 40 fps in big towns ...and i can even set things to high now!

anyway the simple fix goes as follows:

go to "my documents"------.in that folder is a map called "ARMA2"----- open that map-------inside that map are 2 .cfg files namely: ArmA2.cfg and ArmA2OA.cfg.

when u open the cfg file with notepad u get like 10 lines of text.

only these 2 lines are important:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

change both those values to this:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

do this for both ArmA2.cfg as for ArmA2OA.cfg and your done!

really its that simple and makes (for me and from what ive read a whole lot of other ppl) a BIG difference!

maybe everybody knows about this allready but there you go...do yourself a favour and try it out..if it doesnt work for you u can always change it back to the old values.

when this is helping you and you meet me ingame (the name is Zed) give me a tin of backed beans plz (-:

• Like 7

aww is it not?

i was so happy when i found out it worked so great i wanted to share it with new guys like myslef..im sure this post will help a few noobs like myslef

I think I originally used this tweak when I was reading a thread about mouse lag in arma2.

Either way, it seems to be a positive tweak to do.

Its sure is!

i was about to kinda give up on dayz cause of the poor framerate in electro and cherno....now after using this tweak... it runs just great even with much higher settings enabled!

I too tried it, didn't see a difference.

EDIT: The only real performance issues I have with Arma 2 is after a while of playing the game starts to chug, like there may be a memory leak or something.

Edited by Voidfox

hmm maybe i only works forr ppl with older machines like myself (core duo 2.4 , 4 gig memory and a hd7850 (atleast thats what i think my vid card is)

as for the values...i have no idea what they change or what the numbers mean..i just copied and paste it from some old post....but if ur scared u can always type back the old values.

good to hear it helped some ppl!...ill be waiting on my backed beans now (-:

Edited by bully

In my documents,I only got ARM2OA cfg. not ARMA2 cfg

hm thats wierd

try changing the settings for your armaoa.cfg

• Like 1

allright...hope it works.

you do have both arma2 and the expansion dont you?

(well u must have otherwise u couldnt play dayz)

This is definately something I try. I'll edit my post when I know if it works.

E: No real difference in my end, maybe frame or two, but nothing major. Damn, really hoped.

Edited by Judemoukari

Initially I thought it was working for me as I was getting 104fps in the wilderness, after a while though it dropped to 60 (though I did up my view distance, not sure what the server is set to...) So I saw a drop, I think this game must have a memory leak O_o

Initially I thought it was working for me as I was getting 104fps in the wilderness, after a while though it dropped to 60 (though I did up my view distance, not sure what the server is set to...) So I saw a drop, I think this game must have a memory leak O_o

i found that fiddeling with your graphics settings gives you a fps drop aswell sometimes...best to change the settings to what u like then restart the game

but still 60 fps is pretty good...what did u have before u tried this fix?

edit: nvm, figured out the answer to my question i posted :P

Edited by tbs95