d4rk51d3x

My honest opinion of Day Z (And message to the creator)

you say you're a gamer i dont see a gamer i see a crying wimp who doesnt know how to survive. who cares if i get shot at , who cares if i have to play the game for 2-4hours or just 30mins before i find a weapon. ill eventually adapt to the environment. pro gaming isnt taught its from experience , and if you cant adapt to DayZ then i suggest you leave the game

Put it this way, if it was real life - Most of you would be dead, I wouldn't. Real life is what you should really be training for, not surviving on a PC game, I know for a fact I'd survive a good few months, I can handle myself really well hahah. Can't say the same for most of you (The ones insulting me) I can pretty much tell that they are either 1 - Skinny little boys with no real knowledge of anything outside of their bedroom or 2 - Fat guys, nothing better to do that game and eat.

I will adapt to this game, I've just never played a PC game before 'til now - And no, to the rest of you saying 'go back to halo/cod' that does not mean I am an Xbox fanboy or whatever, I barely play Xbox either, it just sits there 'til a good zombie/horror game comes out, thus the reason I got my PC fixed up to get Day Z.

Anyway! I am done with this conversation, you can all have fun attempting to insult me and hoping it hurts me in some way. I'm off to drink a couple bottles of my birthday tequila and fuck my girlfriend.. Maybe when I'm done doing that, I'll play a bit of Day Z ;)

If you die - that's your fault. People have tendency to blame others for their own mistakes.

Dayz is a sandbox game, people choose their own playstyle - one may focus on survival, other one on hunting survivors and yet another one on hunting other bandits. If you choose survival, and die to other player - you have failed in your game. Start over, play smart, be careful, learn the game and you will get better.

Or one can go to forums and whine like a little girl, but that will not make you better player, will not make others to stop killing you. It will do the opposite - PKers will want to kill you even more, since it hurts you.

I was on top of the big building in Elektro(sp?) for a good 3 hours, watching people kill one another, there were a good 6-7 bodies ready for looting, I waited 'til it was quiet, looked around (It was dark, so I couldn't see much) then I tried to climb down the ladder, then some little shit shot me from out of nowhere. I will be sure to get a better gun with a better scope though, night vision and all that.

Edited by Adelitas

Put it this way, if it was real life - Most of you would be dead, I wouldn't. Real life is what you should really be training for, not surviving on a PC game, I know for a fact I'd survive a good few months, I can handle myself really well hahah. Can't say the same for most of you (The ones insulting me) I can pretty much tell that they are either 1 - Skinny little boys with no real knowledge of anything outside of their bedroom or 2 - Fat guys, nothing better to do that game and eat.

With all due respect , thats bullshit. seriously do not take this game in real life as it is a VIDEO GAME

if you believe that a Zombie Apocalypse will happen then ill tell you now, Brother Get out of the house and play outside

Nah mate, I'm staying. ;) As of now, I'm just going to kill all other players, gonna just lay down and wait for everyone going into Electro. Maybe then player killers will get annoyed and uninstall it, I'd like to think of it as.. Cleaning up the shit, y'know?

Yes, course I won't be missed - It's the internet. Your 7 posts tell me you're really high up here and that everyone should do as you say, and bow down to you.

Then you realize you have to get a good gun first, they'll probably see you camping in a dumb spot and kill you first, bandits usually alt+F4 when shot at, and even if you do kill them they'll just let their buddy sniper on the hill take you out while the guy you killed gets back all his stuff, and yours.

if this game had no pvp noone would play it

Lie.

To the OP.

I agree about the community being completely fucked. Almost everyone that you see will kill you if they get the chance. Which is a shame.

About the not having weapons at spawn is actually good. Since it adds a lot to the whole feeling of being in danger.

I will adapt to this game, I've just never played a PC game before 'til now - And no, to the rest of you saying 'go back to halo/cod' that does not mean I am an Xbox fanboy or whatever, I barely play Xbox either, it just sits there 'til a good zombie/horror game comes out, thus the reason I got my PC fixed up to get Day Z.

Anyway! I am done with this conversation, you can all have fun attempting to insult me and hoping it hurts me in some way. I'm off to drink a couple bottles of my birthday tequila and fuck my girlfriend.. Maybe when I'm done doing that, I'll play a bit of Day Z ;)

Wow bro, you're really hardcore. All of us can only aspire to be as cool as you one day.

$50 says he's some skinny git somewhere with a girlfriend called Right Hand.

Protip: Cool people don't have to tell other people that they're cool.

• Like 4

Well, I'd been wanting to play this game for ages, and was an xbox 360 player, my computer was terrible (Thus never gaming on a pc). I recently fixed it up and was so hyped to play! Then I played.

First off, we start off with no gun, no melee weapon etcetc.. That is a really bad part of this game - Who really wants to try sneaking into a city to look for a gun, sometimes you'll spend hours looting to find one, then other players will kill you for literally no reason and you can't defend yourself.

Second, other players - frankly, every single person playing this game is a player killer, and to be honest, it's fucking retarded. It's not hard to say 'Hey! Wanna team up?" .. Instead you all just shoot on sight, even if the player you are trying to kill has literally NOTHING on them. In real life, would you really do that? Would you actually be brave enough? I know for a fact that if someone tried to kill me in real life, I'd set them on fire and stamp on their skull whilst they burned. - Unfortunately for me, I suck at pc gaming, so I can never shoot back quick enough and always die.

Basically, this game is fucking whack, just because of the players.

My message to the creator is this, if you are going to make Day Z a stand alone game, make sure there are servers without player killing, or even take it out completely. Make sure players can jump, make sure players can jump down from a 6ft wall without breaking a bone.. I mean really, what kind of soldier in any army has bones THAT weak that they break their leg after walking off a wall their own height? Fix that shit.

And to all the player killers who will probably come in here, diss me and say I suck at the game. Yes, I suck at Day Z, and yes, I am moaning about other players. Frankly, I couldn't give a flying fuck, as my life is far better than most who will attempt to insult me i.e trolls. It's called having a life, when you do so, you will no longer find the need to insult people you do not know on the internet.

Good day. ;)

Game is just not for you plain and simple i say seek some carebear game with loads of instance and safezones so your not bothered with pk/gankers.

• Like 1

Great. I just got this game, played a few saves and I for one love the difficulty it presents. I mean for gods sake it takes the challenge away if you start with everything.

Oh and I love how you contradict yourself completely...you decide on becoming exactly what you are claiming to hate...and you are abusing people over the internet yourself mate. You can't tell someone they are a "virgin, skinny fuck" and not expect retaliation. Honestly, yeah I'm a virgin, yeah I'm pretty skinny, but mate I'm 16. That shit ain't even legal, and you say it as an insult?

Please think before you type, I'll just wait until you try insult me because you think you can't get off of your high horse and think you are better than us.

• Like 2

you say you're a gamer i dont see a gamer i see a crying wimp who doesnt know how to survive. who cares if i get shot at , who cares if i have to play the game for 2-4hours or just 30mins before i find a weapon. ill eventually adapt to the environment. pro gaming isnt taught its from experience , and if you cant adapt to DayZ then i suggest you leave the game

You don't even need to be a pro gamer(my difenition btw of pro gamer is from day1 you play this game learn all ingame dont cheat go to wiki's use external maps or any other bloody cheat/exploit)Just be carefull explore learn in's and out's of game from failing and you can have alot of fun and kill the pro gamers with makarov or even a axe and believe me this happens they lose also to noob:P

Community is not fucked all who say this play's the wrong game. Easy to survive and easy getting stuff if your willing to invest some time learn the game.

First off, starting with no guns or weapons was concerning. I had no idea what to do except run like a frantic fool. I decided to do 10 minutes of research online to give me a head start. The endless amounts of help online are more than enough. It will take you hours to find 1 weapon if you do not care to spend a little time learning about the game. It doesn't cater to idiots. Survival of the fittest in a way.

Many people in this game are killers. It is the entire premise of the game. The prized moments are when you meet friendly people. It balances out. You dont need to meet friendly every day. It is nice and I enjoy it when it does rarely happen. Honestly, do you expect to team up with someone you just met? Don't ask to team up right away, it seems suspicious. Just talk like normal people and part ways. If they are really friendly then they will let you tag along. I became part of a group after I lost all my weapons in a lake and I was hurting bad.

You don't suck at the game. You just don't want to get better.

That last bit is quite ignorant in my opinion. The reason I say that is because you shouldn't have to do research on the internet to figure out what you're supposed to do in a game. If that is the game, the developers failed. I've had two friends play since I started and they were completely lost and very frustrated until I found them and showed or told them how to get by. It's not like people are friendly in DayZ. If you buy this and start playing alone, you are screwed. Only a fool would think that DayZ is friendly to new players. Only a fool would believe that it isn't hard to get into this game. Do you not remember your first days? It's not like there is a global chat any more to ask questions. The OP has a legitimate point and the developers need to continue to consider tweaking some things in the beginning.

One, is a weapon. Quite obviously, if we are survivors in this world to begin with, you'd think we would start with at least a melee weapon. Who wouldn't grab a knife, golf club, crowbar or baseball bat if they couldn't find a gun? How many of us actually know how to use a gun? That one thing alone would make new players feel like they might actually be able to handle a zombie. The starter equipment needs a re-look. Baseball bat, painkillers, bandage, can of food, can of pepsi, a watch(Who actually uses this anyways? It should be removed from the game)... that way, not only will new players see what they need, they may be able to last a little while because of the ability to defend themselves and a free can of food and drink.

Among other things, the UI needs to be more intuitive, if you're going to have it at all.. which I believe you should. Tooltips when you hover over your status icons and such. This would help out new players. Seriously, how many of you out there didn't know, or still don't know what all of those icons mean on the right hand side of the screen? A lot of you.

This is the kind of post people need to actually pay attention to. New players who like the game, but dislike the community and the way in which you are introduced into the game. There are vets here that recognize these issues and it only goes to show that our opinions may have some merit when new players come in who really like the game, but echo our thoughts. You can't ignore it forever. Otherwise the next clone that does a better job will take everyone away.

Edited by DAS1337

to the thread starter

if u play this mod like a deathmatch u live longer!

99,7% of ppl wants to kill u on sight

the other 0,3 after teamup

so be a beast and kill everything

its the easiest way to stay alive

I don't like the Pve idea. But there should be a sort of punishment for KoS players, and actually let's say it, heartbeat system sucks, because you don't have even a chance to aim to this kind of people, unless to shoot'em back.

That last bit is quite ignorant in my opinion. The reason I say that is because you shouldn't have to do research on the internet to figure out what you're supposed to do in a game. If that is the game, the developers failed. I've had two friends play since I started and they were completely lost and very frustrated until I found them and showed or told them how to get by. It's not like people are friendly in DayZ. If you buy this and start playing alone, you are screwed. Only a fool would think that DayZ is friendly to new players. Only a fool would believe that it isn't hard to get into this game. Do you not remember your first days? It's not like there is a global chat any more to ask questions. The OP has a legitimate point and the developers need to continue to consider tweaking some things in the beginning.

One, is a weapon. Quite obviously, if we are survivors in this world to begin with, you'd think we would start with at least a melee weapon. Who wouldn't grab a knife, golf club, crowbar or baseball bat if they couldn't find a gun? How many of us actually know how to use a gun? That one thing alone would make new players feel like they might actually be able to handle a zombie. The starter equipment needs a re-look. Baseball bat, painkillers, bandage, can of food, can of pepsi, a watch(Who actually uses this anyways? It should be removed from the game)... that way, not only will new players see what they need, they may be able to last a little while because of the ability to defend themselves and a free can of food and drink.

Among other things, the UI needs to be more intuitive, if you're going to have it at all.. which I believe you should. Tooltips when you hover over your status icons and such. This would help out new players. Seriously, how many of you out there didn't know, or still don't know what all of those icons mean on the right hand side of the screen? A lot of you.

This is the kind of post people need to actually pay attention to. New players who like the game, but dislike the community and the way in which you are introduced into the game. There are vets here that recognize these issues and it only goes to show that our opinions may have some merit when new players come in who really like the game, but echo our thoughts. You can't ignore it forever. Otherwise the next clone that does a better job will take everyone away.

Would you prefer a tutorial? Starting off too easy in a survival simulator kind of takes away from the experience, and if you don't want that experience, I'd say the game probably isn't for you, because it only gets worse once you're off the beach. It really imerses you into the experience of survival, because when you don't have anything, you feel so grateful when you find that can of beans or that Makarov mag. Having too much loot from the start can also make you a higher value target from spawn, meaning bandits would camp the spawn points and would just have to kill one person for an easy dinner.

Now, it used to be you had a gun, food and drink, but Rocket took that out for good reasons, and is all testing it to see the effects on the game. Who knows, next patch we could all start with AK's and Alice packs with hunting gear. It's up to him, he's the Dev and we are his loyal testing team. Now I won't go through all your suggestions, but seeing you can't appreciate a watch, something that can be used to tell you where North is, how long till night, how long till morning, etc. makes me think you need to play a bit more.

For the UI, again, still in a debugging/testing phase, there's larger conserns right now than tooltips and in-game tutorials. I personally understood them from the start, but there is a wiki and a forum for those who are confused.

Edited by HerrJon
  • Like 2

I was on top of the big building in Elektro(sp?) for a good 3 hours, watching people kill one another, there were a good 6-7 bodies ready for looting, I waited 'til it was quiet, looked around (It was dark, so I couldn't see much) then I tried to climb down the ladder, then some little shit shot me from out of nowhere. I will be sure to get a better gun with a better scope though, night vision and all that.

Right and what survival skills do you have talking all high and mighty on your little computer, acting all tough when in real life your probably the scared little boy that you are insinuating we all are.

Your "girlfriend" is most likely fake or b a stupid whore for putting up with an asshat like you, and sure bottles of tequila your going to drink multiple bottles of tequila riiiighhhhhhht.

Your never going to get your better guns or night vision if your to incompetent to deal with the run of the mill noob killers in electro

First off, its meant to be a 'realistic survival game', so you think that a zombie Apocalypse occurred you would instantly get guns? You would do whatever it takes to get weapons and stay alive, people kill you for 2 reasons: to take your stuff or just for fun.

Second, not everyone kills, half of the people are very cautious of other players and will usually shoot on sight and again they really just want to kill you for fun or loot your stuff.

Don't discriminate this game, its a mod you can't expect anything perfect, and if it was a standalone game it, without player killing it would be stupid and not realistic.

You have a life, yet your telling people to get a life, makes sense.

"and not realistic"

... If there was a zombie apocalypse, the humans would not kill eachother, they would just eliminate the zombies until there are none, Incredibly stupid people would kill other people perhaps, but they are just stupid & very few in this game would be able to run for a large period of time, stop saying "realistic" it is not.

Edited by Robert_merello

Mmmm, can everyone feel the love in this thread?

Seriously though, DayZ has a VERY steep learning curve. When I first started playing, if I spawned anywhere near a large city, I'd immediately respawn.

Having played for a while now, if I spawn near Komarovo, for example, I'm quite happy. I make a full on sprint for the high yield building there, as I've yet to have an instance where there isn't at least one hatchet in there, which I have time to equip before dispatching the Z's I've brought in my wake. At least until their indoor behavior changes, but I'll deal with that when it happens.

My point is, when you first spawn, you've got literally nothing to lose, so be bold, get crazy, take chances. It might just pay off in a big way. You WILL learn how far you can push things, what the Z's are capable of doing, how to get them off your tail, etc. If not, keep calm and respawn.

Edited by -E-Claymore
  • Like 1

Oh man, please tell me this game is nothing like pvp in World of Warcraft where higher level players can kill lower level players, yes I am a noob when it comes to games :(. That's where my teen nephew comes in and helps me through the hard parts. Anyways, reading everything this guy posted about the game is giving me second thoughts of playing the game before even installing the game. I already have plenty of white hairs :(. There is no PVE servers?

Ohh Christ...It's..Never fucking mind..

Edited by Fishmitts

really more people bitching about PvP thats waht makes the game fun it would be boring and easy if players did nothing but be nice and help each other and the zombies alone arent that challenging its the PvP thats keeps the tension up if you dont like it dont play

I had a rough start with this game but I can see the results of my hard work.

Yesterday I had "everything" at some point and was having my best save yet.

Only 6 other players on server.

I went into a northwestern town and walked out in the open looking to flank the Zeds, and BAM I'm sniped dead.

Time to start over.

I let my guard down too much, and I paid the ultimate price.

My mistake.

In my opinion, asking to take out player killing is ridiculous. It is the sole reason I still play this game. The zombies are easy to deal with but the players keep you on your toes. Hearing gunshots from behind you and seeing muzzle flashes in the distance account for some of the scariest moments I've had in gaming so far. Knowing whoever it is shooting is going to kill you on sight can be pretty scary. Especially in the dark. The Pvp aspect in this game is the best part. :(

Guns are much too easy to come by. They should be much, much more scarce. I like to think that this game ends up being a zombie apocalypse simulator. Not a military simulator with zombies.

Edited by drseptapus

Well, I'd been wanting to play this game for ages, and was an xbox 360 player, my computer was terrible (Thus never gaming on a pc). I recently fixed it up and was so hyped to play! Then I played.

First off, we start off with no gun, no melee weapon etcetc.. That is a really bad part of this game - Who really wants to try sneaking into a city to look for a gun, sometimes you'll spend hours looting to find one, then other players will kill you for literally no reason and you can't defend yourself.

Second, other players - frankly, every single person playing this game is a player killer, and to be honest, it's fucking retarded. It's not hard to say 'Hey! Wanna team up?" .. Instead you all just shoot on sight, even if the player you are trying to kill has literally NOTHING on them. In real life, would you really do that? Would you actually be brave enough? I know for a fact that if someone tried to kill me in real life, I'd set them on fire and stamp on their skull whilst they burned. - Unfortunately for me, I suck at pc gaming, so I can never shoot back quick enough and always die.

Basically, this game is fucking whack, just because of the players.

My message to the creator is this, if you are going to make Day Z a stand alone game, make sure there are servers without player killing, or even take it out completely. Make sure players can jump, make sure players can jump down from a 6ft wall without breaking a bone.. I mean really, what kind of soldier in any army has bones THAT weak that they break their leg after walking off a wall their own height? Fix that shit.

And to all the player killers who will probably come in here, diss me and say I suck at the game. Yes, I suck at Day Z, and yes, I am moaning about other players. Frankly, I couldn't give a flying fuck, as my life is far better than most who will attempt to insult me i.e trolls. It's called having a life, when you do so, you will no longer find the need to insult people you do not know on the internet.

Good day. ;)

This forum does not take honest opinions or critisism. Unless you are saying Rocket is god then you will get flamed. Just a warning.

what i think should happed just to give the new people a fighting chance, you start out with the 2 cans of beans, a water bottle, road flares, painkillers and also instead of a gun you start out with a pocket knife / switch blade that will be added to the game just so you could have a chance also make it so that if you dont have anything in you secondary slot or primary you can pull out your fists and punch people and zombies, which will help you get into a town for some loot

Nah mate, I'm staying. ;) As of now, I'm just going to kill all other players, gonna just lay down and wait for everyone going into Electro. Maybe then player killers will get annoyed and uninstall it, I'd like to think of it as.. Cleaning up the shit, y'know?

Yes, course I won't be missed - It's the internet. Your 7 posts tell me you're really high up here and that everyone should do as you say, and bow down to you.

so this is how it starts eh? butthurt players. i knew it was a mental disorder of some sort or other.