d4rk51d3x

My honest opinion of Day Z (And message to the creator)

The game itself is great, really, I'm a huge fan of zombies, games, movies.. You name it. Yeah, I managed to find so many worthwhile weapons then someone shoots me from out of nowhere and I have to respawn, it's ridic.

I was just in a server for at least 2 hours, sitting on top of a building watching players run up and kill each other. It was insane. Then one guy pretended he was gonna help me find the sniper shooting at me, but then he killed the sniper and shot me.

Hopefully I can learn to use the mouse a little better, get a sharper shot and so on. Player killers really need to gtf, you can pretty much tell that most of them are skinny-not-very-bright-virgins who more than likely still live with their parents.

Hah

Edited by Darc

well guess what, we don't give a fuck either. you suck at the game so you want it to be easier for you, not our problem.

• Like 1

well guess what, we don't give a fuck either. you suck at the game so you want it to be easier for you, not our problem.

Pretty much this yeah.

Complains about player killers. Asks devs to give players weapons when they first spawn. Fails to see how that would play out.

• Like 1

My opinion. Starting with guns is terrible. Why do I not mind spawning without them? Not because it adds challenge. Hell, irl I could get 3 shotguns multiple rifles, and like 7 pistols outta my gun cabinet. The problem was players dieing and running to their body and shooting the person who killed them, or cod fags pvping and dieing with spawn gear cuz they had nothing to lose.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

Op is retarded. I don't wana say "go back to "blank"" but fuck off our bad ass game that we love.

First off, this is a zombie outbreak simulator, not a Left 4 dead copycat, we don't go around killing every zombie in sight and wasting ammunition in return for few soda cans. the trick is to use stealth like in splinter cell games. observe surrounding, observe them, plan mentally, make different plans, be efficient and fast. with this I could survive for a week with the Makarov and two clips.

Secondly, it is their strategy to get supplies off from you instead of roaming, again if they can't see you, they can't kill you.

Oh yes the players breaking their bone, no they won't with just their own weight, but with gear...

Primary: ak-74--4kg

ammo--237 grams per clip fully loaded

Secondary:1911--1.1kg

ammo:100grams per fully loaded per magazine

Pack: Water, food, tools, medicine, flares etc, etc--5-9kg

As you were saying?

Edited by Verril1

Well, I'd been wanting to play this game for ages, and was an xbox 360 player, my computer was terrible (Thus never gaming on a pc). I recently fixed it up and was so hyped to play! Then I played.

First off, we start off with no gun, no melee weapon etcetc.. That is a really bad part of this game - Who really wants to try sneaking into a city to look for a gun, sometimes you'll spend hours looting to find one, then other players will kill you for literally no reason and you can't defend yourself.

Second, other players - frankly, every single person playing this game is a player killer, and to be honest, it's fucking retarded. It's not hard to say 'Hey! Wanna team up?" .. Instead you all just shoot on sight, even if the player you are trying to kill has literally NOTHING on them. In real life, would you really do that? Would you actually be brave enough? I know for a fact that if someone tried to kill me in real life, I'd set them on fire and stamp on their skull whilst they burned. - Unfortunately for me, I suck at pc gaming, so I can never shoot back quick enough and always die.

Basically, this game is fucking whack, just because of the players.

My message to the creator is this, if you are going to make Day Z a stand alone game, make sure there are servers without player killing, or even take it out completely. Make sure players can jump, make sure players can jump down from a 6ft wall without breaking a bone.. I mean really, what kind of soldier in any army has bones THAT weak that they break their leg after walking off a wall their own height? Fix that shit.

And to all the player killers who will probably come in here, diss me and say I suck at the game. Yes, I suck at Day Z, and yes, I am moaning about other players. Frankly, I couldn't give a flying fuck, as my life is far better than most who will attempt to insult me i.e trolls. It's called having a life, when you do so, you will no longer find the need to insult people you do not know on the internet.

Good day. ;)

Im not a player killer, but you do suck at the game and go back to COD :)

Personally, I find it more interesting and engaging having to scavenge for items. I'd have liked a slghtly bigger inventory, and more usable backpacks(still can't figure out how to put stuff in them.) but that's just me.

I laughed at the last bit. It's cute.

You start with nothing because when you do find something, the risk to stay alive is greater.

Player killing is from assholes. There are good people in the game, you haven't had the opportunity to meet them yet ;)

Nice to hear from one of the more friendly players. By the way, I just clicked on "You have my beans!" I have no idea what that means but either, you're welcome, or I'm deeply sorry for offending you. :)

Lol welcome to PC gaming.

Now accept that it requires skill or return to CoD

And to all the player killers who will probably come in here, diss me and say I suck at the game. Yes, I suck at Day Z, and yes, I am moaning about other players. Frankly, I couldn't give a flying fuck, as my life is far better than most who will attempt to insult me i.e trolls. It's called having a life, when you do so, you will no longer find the need to insult people you do not know on the internet.

Good day. ;)

Fending off insults on the internet by proclaiming to be above flinging insults on the internet... WHILE SLINGING INSULTS ON THE INTERNET.

bahahahah, successful troll is successful

I haven't sifted through all the pages of this thread but I did want to say I find the lack of defense upon spawning a bit disconcerting. You spawn in with a few basic supplies, bandages, painkillers etc which is great, but would it be too much to ask to have like a pocket knife or something?

Edited by Deftallica

I actually somewhat like spawning with no weapon. It makes it easier to follow someone around and gain their trust for a short while since you can tell them that you just spawned and can't hurt them.

I was expecting this sort of reply, the end of my post is directed at you, you prepubescent skidmark.

THIS is the level of intelligent debate you bring to the game?

Best you go back to your Xbox360 now son.

This game "is fucking whack" (from your first post) to you for a reason, it was never meant for kiddie console gamers looking for an easy ride and an immediate gratification thrillfest.

Well, I'd been wanting to play this game for ages, and was an xbox 360 player, my computer was terrible (Thus never gaming on a pc). I recently fixed it up and was so hyped to play! Then I played.

You mentioned that you have only recently updated your computer to play this game, so I'm going to assume you aren't super familiar with a sandbox game, since there aren't many sandbox games specifically for X-Box. This game in particular you have to find some enjoyment of the elements. If you don't find any parts of the game enjoyable or thrilling then I'm afraid you might have wasted your time. Hopefully, this is just frustration in events talking and not a statement of displeasure to the entire game.

First off, we start off with no gun, no melee weapon etcetc.. That is a really bad part of this game - Who really wants to try sneaking into a city to look for a gun, sometimes you'll spend hours looting to find one, then other players will kill you for literally no reason and you can't defend yourself.

Second, other players - frankly, every single person playing this game is a player killer, and to be honest, it's fucking retarded. It's not hard to say 'Hey! Wanna team up?" .. Instead you all just shoot on sight, even if the player you are trying to kill has literally NOTHING on them. In real life, would you really do that? Would you actually be brave enough? I know for a fact that if someone tried to kill me in real life, I'd set them on fire and stamp on their skull whilst they burned. - Unfortunately for me, I suck at pc gaming, so I can never shoot back quick enough and always die.

Basically, this game is fucking whack, just because of the players.

I actually find this the most rewarding part of the game. There's a certain thrill in being completely helpless and because of the fact that getting a weapon or the weapon you want is at least a slight challenge makes your character's life important. If you play enough times you'll begin to figure out the best places to grab gear, what's worth taking, or buildings worth the risk.

As for the players I enjoy that aspect as well. When I had my FIRST death after looting for three hours and finding what I thought was some awesome stuff I thought the same exact thing. Just for a second. But then I realized, the game would be too easy if there wasn't the looming threat of other people killing you. I'm afraid of people MORE than the zombies and I think that's a unique twist to a survival game. Normally you would think people would naturally help one another but when those basic instincts of "fight or flight" surface you really get to see a different side of humanity.

Me? I'm a live and let live person. My first response to any threat is RUN, but I'm hoping to curb that a bit in the future for this game. I've come across plenty of people when I had the gun and they didn't. I always have a much better sense of accomplishment when I stare them down, turn, and walk the other way.

You shouldn't lump all players together. There are people out there who are helpful and then there are people like me who just couldn't care what you do, as long as you do it away from me.

To find enjoyment out of the game you REALLY need a goal. Even if they are little goals. Like: "I'm going to find a box of matches."

TL;DR

Game is fun. Sorry you can't find it.

I kinda agree on few points. what DayZ has taught me is that people are assholes and that they deserve to die in the most horrible way imaginable. Just today when I was trying to introduce a friend of mine to the game, someone shot him. Not that far from the beach either. We had a fuckton of problems just finding a damn axe to hold off the damn zombies, and finally when we found that one small airfield close to the coast and were up in the tower, my friend, who at this point only had like a pack of painkillers and maybe bandages and no weapons, gets shot what sounded like an AK or maybe Enfield. To make matter worse, it wasn't one of the "I better shoot first and ask questions later" or "I'm low on supplies, man has to do that man has to do" situations. There was a big damn message saying that the server was going down for maintenance in less than 2 minutes, yet the asshole still shot my pal, and thanks to that, DayZ has managed to alienate another would-have-been-a-player. Thank you kindly. It sickens me how there's no downside to being a bandit/dickhead in the game. You get all the loot you need by shooting helpless unarmed people, and don't have to carry any sort of consequences for it.

+ spawning without weapons of anykind. Sure I can understand that "we wish to protect the players so that they won't get hurt by other assholes at the spawn". Yup, but think for a moment.. if you were to look outside the window and think "gee, the neighbours look a bit "zombie" and I gotta go get my morning paper, what should I do? grab a kitchen knife and maybe my wristwatch which I always wear, or throw all the crap in the corner of the house and go outside naked?" I would go for the kitchen knife.. heck, even a bloody hammer would do, but I would not go in to a god damn nation filled with zombies without a damn wristwatch and something to defend myself.. and back to bandits. I don't care how artificial, unrealistic and stupid the solution is the dev team comes up but SOMETHING has to be done to the endless playerkilling by circlejerking bandits. There has to be some sort of downside to killing other people, otherwise that's what ever.. oh wait, that's what everybody is already doing! there's no meeting new people unless the meeting is started and ended with few nice 9mm opening speeches. I thought this game was about surviving, meeting other people trying to survive, communicating, banding together, exchanging information and supplies. but naw, now it's just dipshits with NV goggles and highpowered sniperrifles waiting in the middle of darkness to blow your head off just because "it's what I do baby, I blow down your dreams in this game because I can." . Bah.

The only reason I still keep playing is that one day, ONE day I will meet that one person who doesn't say "Hello" by shooting me in the face.

Sounds like your pal was a big pussy like you. *shrugs*

I just had to resurrect this post... been LOLn through each page...

Edited by hard2say

There's this great game out there called Project Zomboid. I think it may be what you are looking for. It has survivalist elements, lots of zombies, an elaborate crafting system. It's single player. Though, you don't start with much and you seem to be upset with the lack of loot you start with. I personally think that is the beauty of these game but to each there own. Good luck man.

Sorry you had such a bad time with DayZ.

EDIT: Holy hell, I didn't realize how old this was. Freakin' hilarious. I hope the dude found his niche.

Edited by DrGonzo

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Jebus, guys Check the date!

N N N N Necrothread!

Please do not resurrect old dead threads unless you have something vital to add.

Rgds

LoK