Xrinaphobia

Green mountain...

Some weird shit is going there. By day its nothing eventful, an empty place, with some shitty loot and military zombies.

But by night, you really shouldn't be anywhere close to it.

I was sneaking by it once, didn't even enter the compound, was just passing by it. A fain green glow appeared in front of me. I figured it was somebody with a chemlight sneaking in the night, so I stopped behind a tree, and waited.

A few minutes later, I shit you not, a procession of military zombies moved in front of me. They were all going in a row as if on a funeral. Every other one, had a glow stick on them. No grunting or regular zombie noises, just shuffling of their feet. They did move like zombies though, all walkers, so couldn't be players. There was about 6-7 of them, moving away from the compound.

I don't really get scared by a video game, i realize that its just a program running on my computer, and somebody else designed everything that I'm seeing on the screen.

But this shit was just too weird and out of place from regular events in DayZ. I stayed in my spot, and waited for the procession to move by me. They were around 100-150 meters away from me, pretty far, but enough for me to see clearly what was going on.

All of a sudden the last zombie turns his head and looks at me. Shrieks as if being agroed, and TELEPORTS right in front of me, screaming. I didn't have time to move or do anything. One hit and I'm staring at the "You are dead" screen....

I turned off the game. Drank some water, and put on "There is something about Mary" to calm my nerves.

After that, I'm not going anywhere NEAR that place.

Love that film xD

You want some real fun, play a dusk/twilight server, kill the ingame music and just find a good numbers station feed to turn up. I'm particularly fond of The Buzzer (UVB 76), in spite of it being a bit "boring". Occasionally, maybe twice a month, you'll get lucky and hear some distant sounds/conversation behind the buzzing, it is possible the buzzing tone is played to an open air mic. Otherwise there is little "activity" in the way of numbers (there was a pretty crazy amount of activity just around a year or so ago though, damn shame I couldn't have been tuned in then!)

Wow, this is some crazy stuff, thanks :D

Also i think there's some kind of reference to this in the game, but maybe i'm wrong. From Wikipedia:

"The former transmitter was located near Povarovo, Russia at 56°5′0″N 37°6′37″E which is about halfway between Zelenograd and Solnechnogorsk"

Zelenograd: Zelenogorsk, Solnechnogorsk: Solnichny

Edit: it's fucking 3 in the morning and i'm starting to get nervous...

Edit2: Guy below me has no imagination whatsoever.

Edited by Tex Willer

This people are retarded. Nothing up there, gone up multiple times and never died. It's fine, however there are vehicle spawns so watch out for people!

I have a character named slenderman at night I stand around green Mountain and cherno woods in moonlite servers and stalk people and i just stand there looking at them its priceless lol

do you ever hang around elektro? if so, please tell me as as I swear someone was staring at me on a hill outside elektro powerplant in the middle of the night. It freaked me the hell out and I could only see the silhouette.

That aside, do any of you wish to hear the TRUE tale of Green Mountain? The Legend of the Haunted Radio Tower? The Legend is whispered by survivors around the campfire late at night in hushed tones, even on the other side of the country. As if the entity there can somehow reach from the shadows at the very mention of its name. Although I swore never to speak of that place again, I feel that others should avoid the fate of my friend, who never returned from that accursed mountain. Others should hear The Legend, and finally know what exactly it may be that stalks that place in the night.

Edited by Rock

They say a terrifying creature lives there. Only a trueborn Targaryen may aproach and master the beast!

They say a terrifying creature lives there. Only a trueborn Targaryen may aproach and master the beast!

Lol

All those who go to Green Mountain become pawns of evil!

I cant believe people are still talking of that place! Will you never learn??

i met a man once who went to green mountain. all i know is he left with four people, and came back by himself without his pinkies. dont go there.

I'm going to start compiling stories about the place tomorrow... Should make for some interesting reading, but it's likely to be one insanely long post, full of quotes.

I went to the cursed tower one night, nothing happened. But then i ran across a creepy looking scarecrow and decided to take a screenshot.

post-60114-0-97972700-1343852407_thumb.j

Look closely. He appears in all of the screenshots i have taken since during dusk.

Every.

Single.

Screenshot.

he is following me.

Edited by Torakka

If you see a map marker on Green Mountain that says "We don't go to Green Mountain..." then I'm in that server

I went to Green Mountain once. Saw Candlejack up there and nothing speci

Eh, just like every other video game. One place will have a story that everyone likes talking about.

Zombies will glitch out and not be able to climb back down the ladder sometimes thus is why u see them standing on the platform at the top of th ladder.

Few bandits in some servers camp it out and just like the YouTube video "Scaring People" some people copied that idea and hide in the bushes and play sounds over direct chat to fuck with people.

I usually go there whenever the server resets to get a vehicle. But other than that it's just another place on the map.

Not real sure the whole game story of it prior to DayZ. But I'm sure Rocket will add more stuff to it as DayZ goes on.

• Like 1

Do you believe in re-incarnation OP? Ghosts? Parallel dimensions? I do. I never used to believe, not before climbing Green Mountain, but after what I saw there...I just...that thing I saw, it did something and now I don't know if it's the mountain that's real or if it's me that's real. How can you see yourself like that, from outside? From another life? What was he doing there? What was I doing there? WHY? WHAT IS THIS?

WHAT IS THIS?!

b2MdL.png

...did....did someone say Green Mountain?

QkshG.png

I went there once. What dwells there...it's...it's more unholy than the infected that dominate this land.

I...I cannot explain it...it's the trees...it's the wind...it's the rotting corpses...it's the tower...

...my god, that tower...

gYdWI.png

Whatever has taken the souls of the infected, those who once laughed and loved, I know in my gut it started there...at Green Mountain...and that tower...

When you go there...the tower knows you are trespassing...the air knows...Something dwells in that place that should be left well alone.

LF2W1.png

Go there if you dare...but you will gain nothing but the dry taste in your mouth when the fear takes hold of you.

...if you are lucky, that is all that will take hold of you...for some do not make it back...

b2MdL.png

Do not venture there...

...it is unholy...

• Like 1