Xrinaphobia

Green mountain...

listen up kid , there is no place with that "name" !! do you understand !??!? now never ever ask that question again, i dare you !

Edited by sudden2k

Where is this green mountain located?

nvm, I found it. Now to try to find out why it is such a "bad place"

nvm, I found it. Now to try to find out why it is such a "bad place"

There are some disturbing videos on youtube, they seem to get deleted and re uploaded almost systematically, so weird.

First rule of DayZ we do not talk about Green Mountain!

Second rule of DayZ we do not fucking talk about Green Mountain!

First rule of DayZ we do not talk about Green Mountain!

Second rule of DayZ we do not fucking talk about Green Mountain!

What about the blue-yellow very large hill?

I have to say the first time I went there I didnt have a clue what it was.

I started climbing the tower and saw a body crawling at the top and bleeding.

I offered my help, got to the top of the ladder and it came up 'UNKNOWN' on the player tag when I looked aroudn to make sure it wasnt an ambush, im telling you I couldnt see anyone but the tag said UNKNOWN 4metres

A second later......

BAMBAMBAMBAM

BAMBAMBAMBAM

BAMBAMBAMBAM

BAMBAMBAMBAM

BAMBAMBAMBAM

BAMBAMBAMBAM

A whole AK clip from nowhere hit me, couldnt even see the muzzle flash and it was dark

Edited by thelonewarrior

I like little myths since they spice the game up beyond the formulaic: "get gun->get better gun->get stuff->do whatever" with murdering in between, so I decided to go there one day after raiding NWAF southern barracks, during nighttime so that it's more interesting. I also play alone nearly always.

Found a bunch of civ tier loot piles in the tower, circled the entire compount inside and out, looked across the forest from the tower to see if I could see anything and... nothing, just nothing. I wish I could spice it up with something, but being the cynical myself, I can't force myself to put out a blatant lie like some before have.

Edited by Fraemi

My friend linked me to this video earlier today, a bit creepy. :|

My friend linked me to this video earlier today, a bit creepy. :|

This changed my life, forever.

This changed my life, forever.

You want some real fun, play a dusk/twilight server, kill the ingame music and just find a good numbers station feed to turn up. I'm particularly fond of The Buzzer (UVB 76), in spite of it being a bit "boring". Occasionally, maybe twice a month, you'll get lucky and hear some distant sounds/conversation behind the buzzing, it is possible the buzzing tone is played to an open air mic. Otherwise there is little "activity" in the way of numbers (there was a pretty crazy amount of activity just around a year or so ago though, damn shame I couldn't have been tuned in then!)

Edited by KrystoferRobin
  • Like 2

Green mountain

There is a reason why we didn't go there. Our frequent commute for supplies to Zelenogorsk or picking squadmates in places like Rogovo, the mountain was never out of sight. If you knew where to look, the tip of the tower was always visible in good weather, but just barely.

One day we have 3 newbies running north from a poke into Balota airfeild with no luck. A senior member of our team was supposed to meet the three at a road leading north towards our camp. They made a mistake and ran up the small road into the forrest covered hill. The person responsible with meeting up with them changed course to intercept in the woods surrounding Green Mountain. About 5 minutes of no action somebody mumbles something and then everyone goes quiet.

The skype call drops.

I sigh and begin trying to connect us all back into group call. Nobody joins back at first.

Icyjoe was killed

What the hell? That was one of the newbies. Finally the other two newbies reconnect to the skype call and being screaming something not understandable. I got that they were being shot at/being chased. I tell them to calm down and try to spot the shooter.

Wingman was killed

I start asking for the position of the person meant to meet up with them in the first place and I realize he never rejoined the call.

StrangerB was killed

*sigh*

I finally get understandable words out of the young newbies. They explained they lost sight of each other after running into the woods and were hunted at a time. The guide was not at the meeting point.

I realized then.

There was no death message for the guide

He is still out there.

He no longer answers skype and has no more communication with anyone.

What I and then the leader of the clan wanted to know.

What exactly happened on Green Mountain

-------------Based on actual events of last weekend---------------

• Like 4

Green mountain

There is a reason why we didn't go there. Our frequent commute for supplies to Zelenogorsk or picking squadmates in places like Rogovo, the mountain was never out of sight. If you knew where to look, the tip of the tower was always visible in good weather, but just barely.

One day we have 3 newbies running north from a poke into Balota airfeild with no luck. A senior member of our team was supposed to meet the three at a road leading north towards our camp. They made a mistake and ran up the small road into the forrest covered hill. The person responsible with meeting up with them changed course to intercept in the woods surrounding Green Mountain. About 5 minutes of no action somebody mumbles something and then everyone goes quiet.

The skype call drops.

I sigh and begin trying to connect us all back into group call. Nobody joins back at first.

Icyjoe was killed

What the hell? That was one of the newbies. Finally the other two newbies reconnect to the skype call and being screaming something not understandable. I got that they were being shot at/being chased. I tell them to calm down and try to spot the shooter.

Wingman was killed

I start asking for the position of the person meant to meet up with them in the first place and I realize he never rejoined the call.

StrangerB was killed

*sigh*

I finally get understandable words out of the young newbies. They explained they lost sight of each other after running into the woods and were hunted at a time. The guide was not at the meeting point.

I realized then.

There was no death message for the guide

He is still out there.

He no longer answers skype and has no more communication with anyone.

What I and then the leader of the clan wanted to know.

What exactly happened on Green Mountain

-------------Based on actual events of last weekend---------------

Creepy as fu*kin' hell! : D

When back in touch with one of the witnesses tell us in detail what happened, I'm too curious.

If you have ever played Chenarus Apocalypse You know the real reason why Green Mountain is so scary...

'Clak, Clak clak, clak...'

Red eyes.... Always Watches...

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

I went there once, got no loot, climbed the tower, climbed down again, went to exit out the gate and 4-5 military zeds just spawned there in front of me...

Then I apparently aggroed one even though it was walking away from me and I was prone with 1 visibility & 0 noise =\

I died.

Green mountion has poor loot spawns...

Don't give Rocket ideas. Really slendermen and herobrine. The game f***s with you enough already.

If you want scared, turn your sound up and use 7.1 surround sound. (Logitech G930)

Some weird shit is going there. By day its nothing eventful, an empty place, with some shitty loot and military zombies.

But by night, you really shouldn't be anywhere close to it.

I was sneaking by it once, didn't even enter the compound, was just passing by it. A fain green glow appeared in front of me. I figured it was somebody with a chemlight sneaking in the night, so I stopped behind a tree, and waited.

A few minutes later, I shit you not, a procession of military zombies moved in front of me. They were all going in a row as if on a funeral. Every other one, had a glow stick on them. No grunting or regular zombie noises, just shuffling of their feet. They did move like zombies though, all walkers, so couldn't be players. There was about 6-7 of them, moving away from the compound.

I don't really get scared by a video game, i realize that its just a program running on my computer, and somebody else designed everything that I'm seeing on the screen.

But this shit was just too weird and out of place from regular events in DayZ. I stayed in my spot, and waited for the procession to move by me. They were around 100-150 meters away from me, pretty far, but enough for me to see clearly what was going on.

All of a sudden the last zombie turns his head and looks at me. Shrieks as if being agroed, and TELEPORTS right in front of me, screaming. I didn't have time to move or do anything. One hit and I'm staring at the "You are dead" screen....

I turned off the game. Drank some water, and put on "There is something about Mary" to calm my nerves.

After that, I'm not going anywhere NEAR that place.

• Like 7

I went through green mountain today, almost shit my pants. Literally nothing there but I got the "i'm being watched feeling" and proceeded to bolt. Also a bunch of zombie shouts and snarls but when i turned around to look NOTHING was there. FUCK that place it almost gave me a damned heart attack.

Its not Candlejack, its Slenderman that lives up there.

Oh...so THATS where slender takes place? good to know its not in Ye olden US. :P

Also. went up there. It actually saved my life. After fending off literally 50 zombies (To this day my kill count is 102) while waiting for my friend in Cherno, and having at least a full hour pass, i decided to just meet him in Zelenogorsk. So after meeting up, i decided to skirt the edge and make my way to the tower. Now, having seen that every single place in Zgorsk had already been swept clean, i figured, despite the rumors, that this was our last chance at a resupply.

After looting the deer stands, i realized that i was both hungry and thirsty. And when such a thing occurs, and you see your blood go from an already critical "4,375" down to "3,843" (appx) in a very short time, you get desperate. And of course, i had nothing. The tower was my last resort for food and water

Very carefully sneaking my way up there, i managed to reach the top. Of course, my green friend decided that it was "lets piss off a zombie" day. So we climbed. At the top of that tower, i found a can of beans, a MOUNTAIN DEW(which i caps'd for attention to its rarity and the irony of the name), and a mag for my 1911. Which ended up saving us from the zombies.

To some, Green Mountain may be a curse, but to me? To me its my savior. Which is why i have set up camp there. You have to have a little luck, but if you treat the mountain right, itll return the favor. Currently? I have found an AS50 and plenty of ammo from a crashed UH-1 and sit perched up top, watching the area, protecting the mountain that has saved my (virtual) life.

Though the zombies are still annoying bastards to kill.

I have been there only once before. I went there on my own. I approached the tower cautiously from the woods checking behind me every 30 seconds or so. Eventually the tower came into my veiw. The place was dead. I heard nothing. Suddenly something caught me eye, there was a figure on the platform patroling, looking for something. At this time i had not heard about the place so i thought nothing of it and i continued crawling arround. I came here for a car but there was not one. because I had low blood and i could not see very well i killed myself my body adding to the rest of the pile of zombie corpses.

Ah yes the green mountain....I remember it well the horrors....the horrors, o god.

Eh, meet up there all the time. Easy to locate area with a big erect tower.

I was there once. It was scary. I was walking there with a friend when I suddenly saw something or someone crawl under the fence, stare at me and crawl right back. There were too many zombies so we went right past it. Then we suddenly see the guy or whatever he was in the forest 100meters later. I shot it with my enfield and it contiued bleeding. Later strange things happend. We heard a lot of gunshots everywhere, until we reached NWA. Today, I am still scared.

True story.