Necrofix

World too big for own good?

It definitely isn't too big, as often I'll be running through the wilderness and up to towns only to find all the signs of recent player activity. Wandering zombies, dead zombies, abnormal weapons in loot spots... It's all about chance, I've run through a tiny town like Myshkino and seen 3 people, conversely I've gone to stary sobor for about 3 hours and not seen a single player. The argument that the map is too empty is valid, as the majority of the topography is littered with forests and closed off buildings, leaving high loot areas such as elektro or NWAF ridiculously populated across almost all servers. Adding in a more spread reserve of loot spawning areas would decrease the tendency for players to flock towards these high loot areas.

No. Its not CoD, nor is it Battlefield. It works perfectly well with 40 people online in the whole map. Could be even bigger with the same amount of players if you ask me. There are those places where you can get shot in the head if you want. Try Chernogorsk, Elektrozavodsk or NW Airfield. Or all of the coastal line.

I honestly think it's way to small based on how fast we move and with our infinite sprint.....

The world is 225KM squared.... it's possible to run from one side to the other with little effort and some time.. that should not be possible. Traversing the map should be much harder. player moving speed should be changed or the map should be increased in size.

I know the map wont be changed bigger or smaller simply because the map is NOT made by DazyZ team, it's an original map from Arma II. I would love if the world map felt like a real country sized world, and not a half decent urban city size

I would prefer larger, especially if the player count gets 2-4x greater.

Currently the map size is ideal for around 50 players.

Population density is relative to available loot in areas. In addition, coastal cities are more popular due to relative high amount of loot in addition to spawning closer.

I would argue that the map would HAVE to expand if the alleged goal of having 200 some odd players on a server ever came into being, as there would need to be more options for acquiring higher quality weapons and supplies, or NW airfield would turn into an Arma2 Deathmatch Map.

The other consideration is that the map is incredibly small if you have a vehicle, but incredibly large if you're on foot. If you are a person who can spend the hour and a half running from corner to corner just to gripe about it, find a different way to enjoy the game. :)

My balls are quite large already.

Thats testicular cancer please go see a doctor.

I also think the map is just fine, it just feels right. Wanna meet people? Go to the hot spots. Wanna avoid them? Plan your route through the woods. And meeting someone in the wild... yeah it's rare, but all the more thrilling imho.

• Like 1

A smaller map would just turn it into more of a deathmatch than it already is. I think it's fine now but needs more stuff inland like others have said. I can't wait to see what happens in the future. Hopefully only good things to come :)

The map is the right size. But it lacks content.

What I mean is there should be at least one really big town near the middle with most roads leading to it. Not necessarily a dense one, but a big one, with parks, supermarkets, a police station, a multi-storey hospital, industrial areas, an open train station. One that can't be sniped from outside too easily, and one where 5 people could be minding their own business on their own without seing each other.

And with massive zed spawns.

Also, on of the real problems is the lack of enterable buildings, meaning that most settlements (I don't even want to call those villages or towns) are useless, except if you need beans & drinks taken off dead bodies.

• Like 1

It's the damn apocalypse, you shouldn't be running into other survivors very often. Map size is good at the moment... In an ideal world, the max player limit and the world size would be bigger.

15km*15km is pretty damn small for a whole "country" -- that's not even the size of a real capital city.

Maps not to large, its just hard to navigate for the first few times you play once you get a out of game map/ used to the city's it starts to feel like a smaller map.

Oh, im sorry too much walking involved for you?

I only wish for cities to be MUCH larger so that players can actually get lost within them.

But overall, its fine.

Something odd I've found out about DayZ;

People always complain about the best things in the game.

Someone is going to tell you to go back to CoD, I can feel it in my jimmies.

hmmm.... now there is a question left open...

Did the people come in here to say "go back to CoD" by themselves or did they just say it because you posted it :X

@topic:

I think the map is to small (but also the playernumber is small so its actually okay)

nope we need bigger map and more to do than just get good loot and survive

I played most of the day on a 75 player server and didn't see many people. The ones that I had the chance to shoot at...

Stop right there...

The game was never intended to be PvP per se. If you want "the chance to shoot" at someone, stay near the hot-zones.

Leave the wide open spaces to the people whose play style is to avoid PvP. Let them utilize the space that you see as wasted to do their thing in without having to dodge bullets at every turn.

Edited by Wawazat
  • Like 1

I wish it was the whole world! I hope someday its even bigger then it is now, That way me and my group can carve out a place of are own!

Yes because in a post apocolyptic world you absolutely must be bumping into people every 5 feet. Absolutely.

oh wait

id like to see a more urban map this one is to rural for my taste to much open woods and fields full of nothing maybe a map with a MASSIVE city in the middle and farms/woods/oceans around it the city would have to be GIGANTIC with more zombies :D

I disagree, I was playing on a server with a friend, it was pretty late at night and the server had less than 10 people on.

So we came across a crashed chopper and after scouting it just in case we go into loot it, once we are done and moving away a car comes in with two people in it. I the middle of the map with only 6 or 7 other people on and we still come across another 2 players.

The same thing happened to me aswell... on a server of 7 people I was in a small unnamed town far north looting some barn when two people on an ATV sped through..