Necrofix

World too big for own good?

I think the map is way to big for the ammount of players that are playing. Even with servers with 100s of players the only active place is the airfield and the two big towns.

I think it could be better with a denser map.

Someone is going to tell you to go back to CoD, I can feel it in my jimmies.

• Like 10

I disagree, I was playing on a server with a friend, it was pretty late at night and the server had less than 10 people on.

So we came across a crashed chopper and after scouting it just in case we go into loot it, once we are done and moving away a car comes in with two people in it. I the middle of the map with only 6 or 7 other people on and we still come across another 2 players.

@OP You think the map is too big? LOL I think that its too small, I mean you'd think the chances of bumping into someone in a map this size with 49 other players is pretty slim, but its actually really common to bump into people up north, making the map smaller is just fail.

Go back to COD lol

• Like 2

I want a bigger world. Let me travel to the other maps, or even include player maps. Rocket said the servers can handle more players per map. Double the map area, double the players. The bigger the world, the greater the immersion.

Someone is going to tell you to go back to CoD, I can feel it in my jimmies.

Not sure why someone would tell me that. I don't want CoD size maps I just think this one is way to large even for servers with 100 players. It's just not the apropriate size.

Also I don't play CoD. I am mostly a Tribes and EvE player. Sadly Tribes:Ascend sucks compared to Tribes 1 and 2

I disagree, I was playing on a server with a friend, it was pretty late at night and the server had less than 10 people on.

So we came across a crashed chopper and after scouting it just in case we go into loot it, once we are done and moving away a car comes in with two people in it. I the middle of the map with only 6 or 7 other people on and we still come across another 2 players.

Well the chance of that happening are really low. I played most of the day on a 75 player server and didn't see many people. The ones that I had the chance to shoot at alt+f4 out of the fire fight :)

I want a bigger world. Let me travel to the other maps, or even include player maps. Rocket said the servers can handle more players per map. Double the map area, double the players. The bigger the world, the greater the immersion.

This, if I can't easily access the borders of the map... then it is a good day.

• Like 1

I disagree, it's not big enough and diverse enough. I don't like that there are only a few 'hotspots' and I hate how small each town is. I never had a problem with this before in ARMA 2 but I honestly never even paid attention to the towns I was in until DayZ.

I'd love to see DayZ on Long Island, now THAT would be something!

grow some balls and be a man the map needs to be and the engine has the ability to have a 2x lardger map

My balls are quite large already.

• Like 1

Sorry I disagree, I think the map is just about right for 40-70 players. You can raid towns without being certain there is a person in the area, but occasionally you still find one.

Besides I want it bigger so my chances of running into the guy who going to blow my face off next are even lower! <------I don't actually believe this.

Not sure why someone would tell me that. I don't want CoD size maps I just think this one is way to large even for servers with 100 players. It's just not the apropriate size.

Also I don't play CoD. I am mostly a Tribes and EvE player. Sadly Tribes:Ascend sucks compared to Tribes 1 and 2

I said it because that's how some people react, as you can see for yourself :)

I think the map is way to big for the ammount of players that are playing. Even with servers with 100s of players the only active place is the airfield and the two big towns.

I think it could be better with a denser map.

I think it's fine.

Edited by master721

I think the OP is just not used to playing Arma2. The map is too small I think.

For DayZ it works great, and it is a realistic setting.

It feels a little empty because the map primarily consists of forests. I would welcome the addition of little camps (like the Balota military encampment) to make exploring more rewarding.

Both sides are correct here. It really depends on what type of game you want to play. Personally I love encountering people often.

You should have smaller servers and larger servers.

how awesome would it be to have 50 people in a small area like cherno or electro. getting food without getting shot is a real challenge.

Some people like it some people don't

If anything I want it bigger, but I do agree with the amount of empty space on the map, too many completely unused fields, could also use a larger town up toward the NW with a hospital.