the.ogbizzle@gmail.com

ROCKET, Too many hackers. let me password protect my server!

While i do agree that the number of hackers is getting out of hand, Most people seem to forget that there is only so much a small team can do let alone "Stop all the hackers" I cant think of a single game where there is not any cheats/hackers.

The best bet is to hope that when/if they game gos stand alone that they will work on battle eye more.

I honestly don't think that the OP should be running a server in the first place is this is the kind of attitude he is going to take to some supposed hacking of which we have no proof.

are pictures ok?

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/7455/20120713-yuxv-72kb.jpg

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/7455/20120713-jtds-31kb.jpg

Locked server = free farming.... I can understand why Rocket would ban locked servers.

They would be if there was some way to tell that this was on your server and what is actually happening in the picture. Also what is with all the cropping? funky pics are funky, all im gona say man.

I gotta' agree, the cropping is rather shady.

They would be if there was some way to tell that this was on your server and what is actually happening in the picture. Also what is with all the cropping? funky pics are funky, all im gona say man.

cropping is from a very handy program called JetScreenshot. check it out.

OH HO you wish! do you seriously think you can just post here and not have anyone disagree with you? do you have any idea what would happen if that was a realistic expectation? this entire forum would be full of idiotic ideas like this. Now just slow down and think about this for a second. what happens you and all your friends get your passworded server. you get to run around in your private wonderland and all kit out with super 1337 gear. then what happens when you decide to play on some other server? cheating that's what.

So what then making people pay to be part of the cool club makes it ok? People that don't want to play on your server don't get to complain about unfair advantage? Are you for real? you do realize that a server can be moderated without being passworded right? try asking for server moderating ability instead of passwording ability.

P.S: I really dislike the way this guy directly addresses his thread to rocket with all caps like some kid screaming downstairs to his mom in the kitchen asking for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Honestly the whole thing has this kind of really whiny tone in my head when I read it, I duno maybe its just me.

No, it's not just you...

• Like 2

jigga.

leave this game

for the sake of everyone.

Its never good to shoo off people paying for servers so others can play on them, He just wants his server to be hacker free

witch is kinda a long shot. Best thing to do is just take action to suspicious activities faster.

Also there are FAR worse server admins out there so calling this one out is not helping/contributing much.

if you still disagree about allowing password protected servers... move along... just go back to server hopping NWAF barracks and sniping noobs in Chern. This thread does not concern you.

I'm not a server hopper and I don't snipe but I disagree with the password protection.

There is no way to patch a community issue; only ingame mechanics can change general behavior; rocket is aware of this kind of problems.

Its never good to shoo off people paying for servers so others can play on them, He just wants his server to be hacker free

witch is kinda a long shot. Best thing to do is just take action to suspicious activities faster.

Also there are FAR worse server admins out there so calling this one out is not helping/contributing much.

According to him....hes not a server admin anymore..ex server admin

and if your panties are getting tied up in a alpha and game that has been out before hacking was really mainstream.

get real

Thanks Kovah. My group does our best to react quickly to suspicious activity. Servers cost money and i enjoy letting people play on mine with minimal hacker involvement.

According to him....hes not a server admin anymore..ex server admin

and if your panties are getting tied up in a alpha and game that has been out before hacking was really mainstream.

get real

ex-server admin? really? last time i checked, my signature says i am the owner/admin and the server is good till August 4th. maybe you just misread my post or know something i dont.

another game that had alot of hackers in it while still in Beta was APB. If you have ever played it, you will know about having panties in a bunch.

Sorry dude, rocket and the other dayz devs no longer read the forum unless they specifically start a topic. I'd say just go for it. Any gaming solution is preferable to annihilation at the hands of cheating griefers. It's not like rocket and friends will ban your server first chance they have an excuse to do so. If they ever muster the effort they will contact you first and politely ask you to stop.

After all, you're doing this to deal with a problem that has yet been successfully dealt with. It's the same thing with the issue of server hoppers and alt f4 bandits. Way back in or before 1.7.1.2 rocket said how easy it was to fix the server hopper problem, that it was done and ready for release after the next beta patch for arma 2. Still waiting for that fix v.v

I wouldn't just "go ahead and do it". I don't think they'd give permissions that easily. If one person gets exception, everyone else would want it, too. They can't play favorites. Many more server admins would simply say they all have hacking problems. Pretty soon, we'd be stuck with all locked servers. The temptation to turn it into a farming-galore server is too great.

Edited by Whattteva

another game that had alot of hackers in it while still in Beta was APB. If you have ever played it, you will know about having panties in a bunch.

This man speaks truth

• Like 1

DayZ is becoming more popular. This means there are going to be more hackers and people looking to ruin the game for others. Alpha/Beta is indeed the TESTING phase.... time to test password protected servers. My first post does mention that, which i'm sure many people have overlooked. If i am still playing DayZ next month and there are more hackers, i will bump this thread and say "i told you so."

This man speaks truth

APB was in testing and became absolutely ruined by hackers. Kids PAYING for hacks to use on a F2P game. Everyone i know stopped playing until something was done, it took months. We all went back to playing Eve-Online anyways.

Many admins lock the servers and you only see clan members inside. No point making more threads about it ,they seem to be ignored anyway cause being admin is considered equal to being a demigod or something cause of 45$/month even if they abuse their rights or 10 people pay the 45$. The servers must be admined from the devs themselves and not some random guys that happen to have some spare money.

Also battleye sucks. Many bans are unjustified cause some hacks appear like the guy playing is doing them nad then you got one guy at every thread screaming "YOU HACKED GTFO", like i should trust an anithack program made by people with my eyes closed. Also a quick google search will show you how to hack bypassing battleye. A 7yo boy could do it easily. Hackers must be ashamed of what their art has become.

Solutions are out there but its not the time to implement them in my opinion. The game must reach its final form and then its time to deal with such issues before getting released. Be patient and stop being so entitled like all the forum brats out there in every game. You are TESTING the game you are NOT PLAYING it, never forget that until we get past even beta phase.

Sorry, password protecting your server is far worse than this supposed hacker problem. I've had one instance of a hacker ever in this game. Ever.

People keep crying for the developers to fix hacking, well it won't happen. It's impossible to stop hackers totally, every game up until now has proven that. You CAN NOT stop them, only make it expensive for them.

The funniest post was by the OP saying 'If in a month there are more hackers than a month ago I'm totally right and my solution of alienating the community was the correct and right thing to do!" I call bull. You just want to have people pay for your server under the guise of stopping hackers, don't make excuses.

the amout of hackers has increased everyday since i have been renting my server. If server owners were able to password protect their servers, the hackers wouldnt be ruining the game for us.

i have had to resort to shutting the server down and banning everyone that was logged in when the hack incidents happen. To limit the number of potential hackers, i have also reduced the maxping from 250 to 175.

Earlier today... Cherno was on fire and a helicopter was parked on top of the international hotel.

Hackers teleporting to people and shooting them point blank with an m107.

These hackers are destroying the game.

ROCKET, you took away pistols from fresh spawns as an experiment.

Next experiment: ALLOW SERVER ADMINS TO PASSWORD PROTECT THIER SERVERS WITHOUT BEING BLACKLISTED. allow this for a week.

To all the people who don't own/rent a server and are going to QQ about "unfair advantage":

i would gladly give the server password to people that don't hack or possibly DONATE to the monthly server fund. I would invite groups of friends and clans to play on my secure server. There will be no unfair advantage. There will be no random hackers.

if you still disagree about allowing password protected servers... move along... just go back to server hopping NWAF barracks and sniping noobs in Chern. This thread does not concern you.

Why don't you just use a private DB as many other servers do?

Just make your server a closed community with a private DB.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

• Like 1

didnt read thread but,

the simple fact that you can make a non pvp clan only server to farm anything you want without worry is why.

it literally breaks the game

No. Locking the server with a password WILL lead to abuse.

People have paid enough for the game, why would they pay for YOUR server? If you don't want or can't afford it, then don't host a server.

Don't go locking it down and ask money from people for it.

That's....

Yeah, no. I'm not going to PAY for a FREE mod on a game that cost me 30 bucks. I'm just not. Locking the servers, can you imagine what the server browser would look like? Every single one locked. And in order to get the passwords, you'd have to go sign up on their website, donate 5 bucks or something, and then wait a week while they process your request, then you finally get the password.

Hackers are a problem, but there are better ways to take care of them.

DayZ is becoming more popular. This means there are going to be more hackers and people looking to ruin the game for others. Alpha/Beta is indeed the TESTING phase.... time to test password protected servers. My first post does mention that, which i'm sure many people have overlooked. If i am still playing DayZ next month and there are more hackers, i will bump this thread and say "i told you so."

APB was in testing and became absolutely ruined by hackers. Kids PAYING for hacks to use on a F2P game. Everyone i know stopped playing until something was done, it took months. We all went back to playing Eve-Online anyways.

>more people

>obviously the ratio of hackers to players is going to stay the same, or around there

>if more people join, more hackers will join

How does that make you correct?