Sign in to follow this  
risto244

Is killing other players really that fun?

Okay, well I haven't been playing this game very long, but when it comes to players, I've run into nothing but pieces of shit.

This last character I had only had a hatchet and a revolver. Why am I a high value target? I get that the revolver is good, but it's not like running into towns shooting guns is the best way to loot... I'm just, ugh.. I'm disapointed in people really. I know it's a game, don't get me wrong, but I still like to rp this shit as though "what would I do?".

Well, what I would do is try and get a small group together and sack entire towns to erradicate zombies. This guy finds me in a deer stand and starts talking like "don't move or I'll kill you" and I have no idea where he is, so I take out my revolver because if he's going to shoot me I want to shoot back. I tell him this. I tell him I only found painpills in the deer stand, which was the truth, and that I don't want to fight. He shoots me... I think I hit him once or twice, so I hope that bitch bled out or has such low blood he can't see and passes out all the time.

Why can't we just get along? Yeah, I have a revolver, you have an AK.. why do you need my gun? why can't we desimate towns of zombies together and find you one too? Is it that hard for people to work together, really? Why don't you play some generic fps if all you want to do is kill players.

I tell you what, I'm about to start shooting players on sight, I'm so close to just killing everyone like these pking fuckers until the server has no one in it but me.

no faith in players

I would not shoot someone if they could respond to me in direct chat.

Instead everyone is super silent and just sneaking up on me to kill me in my eyes, but i always try and talk to them first.

I totally get what you mean and I really also feel that way but to be honnest, I get why he would decide to shoot you anyway. For all he knows, you are a piece of shit too that will shoot him in the back as soon as he turns arround. Of course, some people won't anwser to "friendly" or anything and will just shoot you as soon as they get the chance because they just feed on ruining other people's game. By the way, am I the only person who actually has more fun and meet more people when I'm basically naked? The only times I've been able to group with others is because I had no gun and people would trust me a little more.

If you have a gun, you're a threat. If someone has one of those "big guns", they tend to get attached to it.

So if they find someone with a gun, they're only protecting their own loot, since there's no telling who might shoot at you without a warning.

I'm not like this, but most are.

Not everyone kills players on sight, I avoid them or help then run b4 they shoot at me. "Save a player get shot by the same one"

And the topic - Yes killing players can be fun, I only attack if they have shot/attacked other survivors near me.

Edited by Kovah

Just got out of a game, just started off in cherno, I looted the church and all I had on me was a can of beans a soda and a axe, I walk out of the church and I see another survivor, looks like he just started off too with only a axe I imediatley say friendly. I was about to start talking to him when i turned around and saw he was not alone, the other guy had a markavo, So I said I'll be on my way, and started to walk away. i got a block before the guy shot me with my back turned. God thats cut throat.

Yep sucks hardcore and i am still waiting for the obligate "Man up pussies its dog eats dog! I would shoot every fucker on sight in a real zombie-apocalypse! This is realistic and i am badass!" -post by some guy just dropping by from his last rounds of the well known military simulator CoD :P

At the moment we have to deal with the vicious circle of friendly people getting shot for no reason ----> getting super paranoid and angry-----> shoot other players for no reason

I just can encourage every friendly player to not fall into this, but just suck it up and try to stay mature and play the game as he thinks its supposed to be. You get shot by assholes, but you will also get some pretty desced and fun situations out of it. Just had a mexican standoff with 2 friendly guys in a supermarked and we all came out alive.

Edited by EndEffeKt

I apologise if this has been said before, but this is what myself and my group do in DayZ.

1. If we have high value equipment, we kill anyone that is a threat [such as people who are near us and armed, people who are bandits, etc].

2. If you are unarmed, I/we do not shoot to kill.

3. If you run up to us saying "friendly", we may or may not shoot you. It depends on the situation.

4. When travelling in a large group, it's normally a "shoot on sight" policy.

Say I died [either intentionally or unintentionally] and I do my basic Cherno/Elektro root to find basic weapons and supplies, I won't shoot anyone unless shot at first. I normally team up with people who are friendly. But once I acquire high-value equipment, I trust no one.

But what I don't do is shoot anyone for no reason, especially if they are unarmed.

I currently have 3 bandit kills and 1 murder. [Murder was from being shot at and firing back. His Makarov was no match for my M107.]

It's just how it is.

I don't shoot other players. I have 0 murders total/ever. I also have only been pked TWICE. I have no idea why players turn their backs on others. Why do you walk away? I keep them in my sights until THEY break LOS. Even if I'm medicing, the other player leaves first, I do not let them out of my sights.

Each time you die, ask yourself how it could have gone differently. The easy answer, KoS, should be ignored. The remaining ones are what you try next time.

I didnt read any of the comments other users wrote so I'm saying this:

if you have a revolver and he has an AK, means he is a high value target for you(so he might think that way I mean)

by having a weapon, you're a threat to him, means you can kill him same fast way he can kill you, so instead of risking what ever shitty gear he has, he decides to eliminate the threat, I'm a friendly player and all, I only shoot on sight when I'm in a group(a solo player or other players that play together will see a small group of survivors as a worthy target for loot, so mostly people shoot on sight instead of talking to others, so you wont risk your security or your group's security)

this is all from what I have learnt while playing this game for a WEEK.

since there is no side channel you cant ask player if they are friendly or not from far away, and if you will try to get close to people to talk to them they will most likley shoot you unless you have your aim at their head and you can instantly kill them(they will consider the option of trying to manipulate you sometimes)

and because other people see that the players they meet are almost always non friendly, they become so them selves, its like a virus spreading it self all around

now I forgot what was the topic.. did I wander off abit? :\

• Like 1

If you had a Hatchet and Revolver not equipped, I killed you near/in elektro?

I did so as the Hospital had no morphine and my friends badly needed it.

i just got murdered for the first time today actually. it was a fresh spawn at electro and i was searching the hospital and had found 2 friendly players who didnt shoot me and announced that they were also there b4 i even saw them, so i figured ok its safe to search this place. i looted the entire building and i heard gunshots but i figured it was them guys just killing some zombies. well once i had a enfield and lots of supplies, like matches and a knife, lots of food, i just wanted to get the heck out of that city. i had never had that many supplies at one time yet and i thought it could be fun because i can avoid towns now that i have hunting supplies. well.. just as i started to sprint into the tree line, i get gunned down by some random guy with a handgun. no warning or anything.. just boom boom boom out of nowhere. and thats bs.

Killing players is totally not fun.

Sure some people have all the end game gear, so they just decide to hunt people for fun, point taken.

But when I have a Makarov, and you have some big fuck off gun, what's the point in killing me?

Players have brains, one person with a shotgun or equally nice gun, other person with a pistol, that person with a pistol would normally have a brain and wouldn't shoot on sight.

Personal Short Story:

In Elektro/Cherno (Dunno which), was on a big tower, scouting, see a guy called Artur about 30m away. Ask if friendly, says he is, I run over, he tells me he's got no ammo, I trust him, we both get to safety and he runs off.

I mean, sure, that's not too social, but it's a simple matter of "Hey, he didn't kill me! He's a decent guy!" if Artur had shot, I would of shot back, he didn't shoot, so I didn't shoot.

Can't we all just get along?

• Like 1

Killing players is totally not fun.

Sure some people have all the end game gear, so they just decide to hunt people for fun, point taken.

But when I have a Makarov, and you have some big fuck off gun, what's the point in killing me?

Players have brains, one person with a shotgun or equally nice gun, other person with a pistol, that person with a pistol would normally have a brain and wouldn't shoot on sight.

Personal Short Story:

In Elektro/Cherno (Dunno which), was on a big tower, scouting, see a guy called Artur about 30m away. Ask if friendly, says he is, I run over, he tells me he's got no ammo, I trust him, we both get to safety and he runs off.

I mean, sure, that's not too social, but it's a simple matter of "Hey, he didn't kill me! He's a decent guy!" if Artur had shot, I would of shot back, he didn't shoot, so I didn't shoot.

Can't we all just get along?

thing is, people wont always be able to shoot back, in this game you can get one shot killed by most of the guns, and by the time you already trust him he can shoot you, go guess saying "friendly" might be a luring way, like getting close to someone and when goes "afk" or prone or somthing he can get backstabbed so easily.

Im going to be truthful. If i have a gun ill kill a player. If i don't and he doesn't kill me Il be in his debt and Il follow him the til the end of my the life. would never kill someone who had the oppurtunity to kill me and didn't

• Like 1

Most people kill others because:

a. They have a COD mentality of "ZOMG EVERYONE IS ENEMY BANG BANG I THINK I'M COOL LULZ!"

b. They want your fancy gear. Occasionally overlaps with person A.

c. They're paranoid because of fancy gear / encounter with person A/B.

As you can see, person C only comes about when persons A and B enter the equation. Realistically, the only way to end banditry would be to maintain an optimistic view that players can be friendly. Try to avoid aiming at each other and lower your gun. Declare friendly but avoid giving up your position until they respond. Ask them to put down their weapon as well and NEVER let them out of your sight.