rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Yes i can confirm ghillie's ARE still bugged I read on the forum elsewhere that to make it work you have to empty your inventory somewhere (backpack, tent, ground ... wherever) put the ghillie on, then pickup your stuff. When you want to log out same procedure ... drop all your stuff put civ clothing back on, re-arm and log out.

I wear a Ghillie and don't have any inventory loss when I put it on as of 1.7.2.3 and don't have any inventory loss when I log out and back on either. So no problems with ghillie suit as far as inventory goes for me.

I wear a Ghillie and don't have any inventory loss when I put it on as of 1.7.2.3 and don't have any inventory loss when I log out and back on either. So no problems with ghillie suit as far as inventory goes for me.

Hrmm, of the 3 people I know who still HAVE a ghillie thats the procedure they use, of the 9 - 10 that USED to have ghillie's all of them had there ghillies turned into civ clothes doing what you're doing. meh

I find it intresting people quote only part of what I say and run off with it. Don't quote parts you can throw around your version of what I said, address the whole thing. I actually said I enjoy the danger. I also didn't say I condoned Alt+F4, but for the sake of this pointless argument, IRL if I could magically deny my would-be killer my stuff. I totally would, because I am a cruel and spiteful person.

What I was trying to say, I guess my "noob" brain couldn't convey, was:

(Disclaimer: DayZ is still in developement so this list will probably become moot.)

1. Pointless murder ruins the spirit of the game. I mean this in a video game sense, we are still playing a game yes? Did he need my beans? Was he about to starve? Was there any real risk to him? "Will these few bullets I put into his skull be the last I see for days?" Is it risky? 9/10 No. I'm talking about those few who play it soley on killing other people. TO my best knowledge it is supposed to be a Zombie Survival Simulator, not a How Many People Can I Kill for Fun Simulator. There are real bandits that I have no problem with. They see something they want, they take it. Classy Bandits, not "Everything must die because I feel like it and I will always have access to infinite ammo so why not?"

2. Resources are easy to find. This makes its less of a Sim and more of a PvP multiplayer match. The only reason it's not super rampant is because of the size of the map.

3. Zeds aren't dangerous enough. This is being tweaked a lot so I see it being resolved soon. So long as the main threat is the undead I don't care about how people play so long as they are put at risk. The can run around and do anything because they can exploit the unrealistic way the game functions. Being chased? Jog forever. Conserve ammo? Save at least 1 round in each mag then log in/out and its refreshed. Cornered? Log in/out. The more realism that is put in the more I'll accept hostile players. As of right now, it is way too easy to go on murder sprees and play it like a video game.

Right now a lot of people are playing it like a RE:ORC deathmatch on a 200km^2 map. Where I see this as being so much more, it has potential to raise questions about morality and the will to survive.

Again, I still have a lot of fun so if you quote me, at least do it properly. Picking out sentences to exploit and trying to make me look bad or name calling is just annoying.

If the Dev's say it is now a PvP sandbox sim with secondary survial/Zed threat I'll accept it, but I have Racoon City for that. Until then it is in my opinion that certain things break the spirit of the the game(spawn camping, exploits etc).

But I still play it, because it is still the best Zombie game I have ever played.

Edited by Yeti
  • Like 5

Personally, I just love it how they changed the game and how zombies react to survivors. Now you basically can run BEHIND zombies, and they take their time to even react that you are currently running just 10-20 meters behind them!!! only then they turn to see what's there and THEN they attack! Took me some time to figure this out, but I really like it :)

And the other COOL thing, you don’t even need a two in/out doorway building to escape the horde… Now when I agro tons of them I ran to any enterable building, when I get in… and if the infected lost sight of me before I got into the building, they go to my kind of “last known position”, if I’m not there – they just walk away!!!! HORRAAAAYYYY ROCKET!!! You actually DID IT!

Now what’s left is to figure out how to efficiently kill other players, and to become the ULTIMATE survivor of all time! Kidding :)

Gents and ladies, take your time and study the game, the behavior of the infected, it’s all you need!

What I did understand from this post: OMG ITS SO EASY NOW THANK YOU ROCKET I LOVE U NOW I CAN'T LOSE MY GEAR ANYMORE TO ZOMBIES!!!11

• Like 1

If you're referring to my reply ... even though you are not the guy I was slating then I don't understand where you're issue is, murder for the sake of murder is lame by all means but it's in the game atm and theres not much you can do ... deal with it. My issue is derps DC'ing in the middle of a fight because their precious lee and alice pack are at risk from an unknown shooter, if you're getting shot at chances are you got yourself into that situation ... deal with it/ run/ die doesn't matter which just don't hide behind the impenetrable wall of cyberspace and run to a diff server.

Personally, I just love it how they changed the game and how zombies react to survivors. Now you basically can run BEHIND zombies, and they take their time to even react that you are currently running just 10-20 meters behind them!!! only then they turn to see what's there and THEN they attack! Took me some time to figure this out, but I really like it :)

And the other COOL thing, you don’t even need a two in/out doorway building to escape the horde… Now when I agro tons of them I ran to any enterable building, when I get in… and if the infected lost sight of me before I got into the building, they go to my kind of “last known position”, if I’m not there – they just walk away!!!! HORRAAAAYYYY ROCKET!!! You actually DID IT!

Now what’s left is to figure out how to efficiently kill other players, and to become the ULTIMATE survivor of all time! Kidding :)

Gents and ladies, take your time and study the game, the behavior of the infected, it’s all you need!

no no no! This must be a joke!

Zeds are a joke at the moment! I don't fear them. They are more annoying than ever. This random AI is so annoying. A friend and I don't even bother to crouchrun or prone. We just run all the time. And if a Zombie sees us, it's most of the time because of the ridicolous line of sight. We don't care about them anymore. They are hardly any fear.

I want predictable Zed behavior! If it's hard: fine, but don't let me walk 3m in their back without consequences. I just don't bother to be carefull for a bugged system that probably wouldn't punish my recless behaviour anyway.

This game is about Zeds and survival? Let me fear Zeds again! Give me a reason to stick in groups because I fear them. Like playing at nighttime without NVGs!!! That's fear and a fight! Right now I only fear that I alert other players by Zeds that chase me and because I have to shoot them without unsilenced weapons. That's all there is.

Oh and let us value life again! Force respawn times of 1+ hours. No more respawn until we are back at our corpes place! My only fear of dieing is loosing my loot and the time I have to bring up to travel wide distances. That's all there is.

@pvp discussion:

It would be interessting to see what happens with far less ammo spawns and with the introduction of non leathel weapons. I would love to taser a guy for his backpack!

Edited by ToasterDiagramm
  • Like 2

i completely agree... despite ive been playing shooting everyone just like you told. hehe most of the times to get their gear... but also cause i know that if i dont shoot, they will shoot anyway.

best game indeed...

I find it intresting people quote only part of what I say and run off with it. Don't quote parts you can throw around your version of what I said, address the whole thing. I actually said I enjoy the danger. I also didn't say I condoned Alt+F4, but for the sake of this pointless argument, IRL if I could magically deny my would-be killer my stuff. I totally would, because I am a cruel and spiteful person.

What I was trying to say, I guess my "noob" brain couldn't convey, was:

(Disclaimer: DayZ is still in developement so this list will probably become moot.)

1. Pointless murder ruins the spirit of the game. I mean this in a video game sense, we are still playing a game yes? Did he need my beans? Was he about to starve? Was there any real risk to him? "Will these few bullets I put into his skull be the last I see for days?" Is it risky? 9/10 No. I'm talking about those few who play it soley on killing other people. TO my best knowledge it is supposed to be a Zombie Survival Simulator, not a How Many People Can I Kill for Fun Simulator. There are real bandits that I have no problem with. They see something they want, they take it. Classy Bandits, not "Everything must die because I feel like it and I will always have access to infinite ammo so why not?"

2. Resources are easy to find. This makes its less of a Sim and more of a PvP multiplayer match. The only reason it's not super rampant is because of the size of the map.

3. Zeds aren't dangerous enough. This is being tweaked a lot so I see it being resolved soon. So long as the main threat is the undead I don't care about how people play so long as they are put at risk. The can run around and do anything because they can exploit the unrealistic way the game functions. Being chased? Jog forever. Conserve ammo? Save at least 1 round in each mag then log in/out and its refreshed. Cornered? Log in/out. The more realism that is put in the more I'll accept hostile players. As of right now, it is way too easy to go on murder sprees and play it like a video game.

Right now a lot of people are playing it like a RE:ORC deathmatch on a 200km^2 map. Where I see this as being so much more, it has potential to raise questions about morality and the will to survive.

Again, I still have a lot of fun so if you quote me, at least do it properly. Picking out sentences to exploit and trying to make me look bad or name calling is just annoying.

If the Dev's say it is now a PvP sandbox sim with secondary survial/Zed threat I'll accept it, but I have Racoon City for that. Until then it is in my opinion that certain things break the spirit of the the game(spawn camping, exploits etc).

But I still play it, because it is still the best Zombie game I have ever played.

After the last Beta Patch my loading is much faster. I was up north, with lots of gear and loading times were during less then 10 seconds.

I died at some point, going back to the coast, when i noticed that after my death loading times were much higher. Can't really say why, but it's weird. After some time it went a little faster again, does it have something to do with being at the coast? Funny stuff.

Anyway, it seems to be improved since the last beta patch (was previously using 94876 and now using 95099).

Edited by Fenrig

I haven't seen a water bottle for 3 or 4 days. Is this to do with this build, or just a coincidence? I've seen more heli crash sites than water bottles... Armed to the teeth but thirsty.

I haven't seen a water bottle for 3 or 4 days. Is this to do with this build, or just a coincidence? I've seen more heli crash sites than water bottles... Armed to the teeth but thirsty.

That's just bad luck, my friend. I seem to find them everywhere. I'm having the opposite - Complete heli crash drought XD

@pvp discussion:

It would be interessting to see what happens with far less ammo spawns and with the introduction of non leathel weapons. I would love to taser a guy for his backpack!

Dear god, that idea made me nerd-gasm... never before, and never again shall that happen.

• Like 1

Feedback for 1.7.2.3 with 9505 and above:

1. Too many damn betas. Why not release Arma betas on a byweekly basis? With both client and server having to update nearly every day makes for a mess. If BI continues to do it this way, at least let us rollback if we don't let the updates.

2. As many of the others have mentioned, the whole player v. zombie interaction has changed. With 1.7.1.5, it was possible to sneak in and out of a town, especially in a group, and not aggo any zombie. Now, since it is next to impossible to do this, the best method is just to run in, aggo and try to lose them. If you can't or are too lazy, you can disconnect in a building. Sneaking around zombies, especially when you are alone, was alot of fun before. Now, it has become a chore and boring. Personally, I loved the zombie mechanic is 1.7.1, where if you got any zombie aggo on you, you could not lose them. Your only option was to kill them or disconnect. Made zombies very dangerous.

3. Zombie spawning is broken. There is no immersion when zombies spawn right in front of you and then continue to spawn endlessly, no matter where.

4. Alot of the fixes in the old patches have become broken. Inventory duping of items is back and out of control with some items, like tents. Barb wire duping is back and is starting to appear everywhere again. Items duping/disappearing in tents/cars is back. Ghillies/camo disappearing. All of this appeared fixed in 1.7.1.5

5. Different servers sometimes places you in different areas and/or with different gear. In one server I have a tire in my inventory. I got to another and it disappears.

6. Shotgun/crowbar are a joke and should be removed.

Things I like:

1. Temperature works now.

2. Cars cannot be stored off-grid.

3. Loot works.

Suggestion for server hopper/alt-f4ers:

Make it so that to disconnect, you have to build a fireplace (and you cant do that in a building). If you don't disconnect using a fireplace, you lose all your gear in your main inventory, including primary and secondary weapons. It will be as if you respawn but at your current location. If you are unlucky with lag and are disconnected, you are shit out of luck. If the server resets, usually there is a warning, so you better get out fast. The idea is to introduce some e type of mechanism that will make connecting/disconnecting an exercise that has to be done with care.

Suggestion for dayz: If you are not doing a final version soon, at least do a KickStart for dayz. Raise some money and create a real infrastructure for the game, with decent servers for the hive and a larger staff. I think you guys can easily raise 3-5 million doing a kickstart for a stand-alone dayz.

Edited by boatie
  • Like 1

Turk sorry to add to this debate but I think you're wrong, and actually YOU are the scourge that plagues dayz atm.

The guy was geared in a supermarket for whatever reason it was, the simple fact is even if he didn't need the guy's loot he was a threat (NVG's, coyote, mil grade weps etc make you a target... fact) the idea of actually robbing a player with a mechanic or not is just simply taking a risk that doesn't need to be taken, If he had high level gear all he's doing is protecting his investment and making sure HE survives (which is the point of the game.) the other player (unlucky as he was to be where he was at the time he was) was unfortunately just the looser in this scenario ... in other words this story could be in a separate thread titled "OMG I JUST GOT PHAT LEWTS OF NAB X IN SUPERMARKET Y"

Seriously though Turk I don't know where you play or what kind of a team you roll with but if I EVER see you're name show up you're going down first because I know what will happen if I shoot your buddy ... fucking pussy ... /rant

EDIT: Sorry I know this is the patch thread but when I see some derp kid justifying alt f4'ing because of an ASSUMPTION he's made I get a bit upset ... for me it's the only thing actively "ruining" my experience ... in a way I see this as relevant to this thread.

Wow someones butthurt - cry some more cos i'm gonna still alt f4.

Lol "scoursge" and "fucking pussy" and you call me a kid?

Anyway back down to earth. If there were a mechanic which allowed holding up someone then I'd be fine with that, until there is ALT F4 and enjoy seeing me sink away.

I don't see killing people for no reason as a necessity in this game, and no, in a real life situation people would NOT shoot everyone left right and center, if that were the mentatility the human race would have never got out of the trees let alone made it to caves.

Weird thing is i'm getting chomped out for being a considerate player not trying to ruin someone elses fun by killing them for no reason So whilst you stamp your feet moaning that you can't dance on the grave of someone maybe consider that you have just ruined someones enjoyment, that I think is far worse than being able to take a can of beans.

I hardly see how this can ruin YOUR fun anyway near as much as killing someone who has invested hours upon hours of time into a character to die to some "should be playing call of duty" inconsiderate little shit.

Funny thing is I have only altf4 once after giving a guy a makarov after when we searched a town together he had no weapon, I had a pm & winchester (we both spawned nearby).

I protected him throughout the search using 50% of my ammo as he safely searched everywhere, once finished i dropped my pm on the floor with 5 or 6 clips, we left that town and found a deer hut, before that i dropped food & a pepsi for him, as I climb the deer hut he shoots at me repeatedly i end up with broke legs, arms & bleedig but i'm in the deer hut, he cant shoot me i cant shoot him, after sometime i think F*k him and alt-f4, re-log and go find my dead body and gear.

You are telling me i should let this scum take my stuff as well? f right off!

PvP HAS been talked about to death and obviously will always have those for & against, if i accept you killing me you accept you aren't getting a bean.

Edited by Turk

Regarding zombies aggro, with the beta patch 95054 and dayz 1.7.2.3 I am starting to notice some really weird things. I got out a house crawling, even "slow" crawling (you know when you press shift or whatever key you bind it to, it crawl slower), i crawl 10 meters, zombie aggro from behind and I checked before going out and there wasn't any. Went back to the house, kill the zombie and try again. Same thing, I even saw one that came running from behind a building like 40 mts away, I was crawling on the grass on the other side of the road, and it still got aggroed, there's no way i could have been no his line of sight, or that he could have heard me. This happened like 8 times in a row, until I got bored of it and closed the game.

Also I was at Zelenogorsk when I closed the game, when i came back I was at Prigorodky, on the water and without my backpack.

Regarding zombies aggro, with the beta patch 95054 and dayz 1.7.2.3 I am starting to notice some really weird things. I got out a house crawling, even "slow" crawling (you know when you press shift or whatever key you bind it to, it crawl slower), i crawl 10 meters, zombie aggro from behind and I checked before going out and there wasn't any. Went back to the house, kill the zombie and try again. Same thing, I even saw one that came running from behind a building like 40 mts away, I was crawling on the grass on the other side of the road, and it still got aggroed, there's no way i could have been no his line of sight, or that he could have heard me. This happened like 8 times in a row, until I got bored of it and closed the game.

Also I was at Zelenogorsk when I closed the game, when i came back I was at Prigorodky, on the water and without my backpack.

I think this maybe due to zombies spawning inside buildings without entrances they can see you through these. Happened a number of times where a zed seems to come from nowhere.

I think this maybe due to zombies spawning inside buildings without entrances they can see you through these. Happened a number of times where a zed seems to come from nowhere.

I don't think so, I've seen that too. But this time the zed was clearly behind the building, like 10 meters behind it, not inside. I saw it appear running to the side of the building and then to my direction.

Edited by sebastian.w

Haven't seen rocket post anything in awhile about any upcoming fixes or anything. Can we get a dev or someone from the staff in here to at least give us a heads up on what's to come? I mean we ARE alpha testing this and providing tons of feedback, but not hearing any word about things going to be fixed etc. is kind of a let down and even worse is having beta patches flying out every other day it seems along with new BattlEye downloads, but no word about DayZ mod itself.

Feedback for 1.7.2.3 with 9505 and above:

1. Too many damn betas. Why not release Arma betas on a byweekly basis? With both client and server having to update nearly every day makes for a mess. If BI continues to do it this way, at least let us rollback if we don't let the updates.

2. As many of the others have mentioned, the whole player v. zombie interaction has changed. With 1.7.1.5, it was possible to sneak in and out of a town, especially in a group, and not aggo any zombie. Now, since it is next to impossible to do this, the best method is just to run in, aggo and try to lose them. If you can't or are too lazy, you can disconnect in a building. Sneaking around zombies, especially when you are alone, was alot of fun before. Now, it has become a chore and boring. Personally, I loved the zombie mechanic is 1.7.1, where if you got any zombie aggo on you, you could not lose them. Your only option was to kill them or disconnect. Made zombies very dangerous.

3. Zombie spawning is broken. There is no immersion when zombies spawn right in front of you and then continue to spawn endlessly, no matter where.

4. Alot of the fixes in the old patches have become broken. Inventory duping of items is back and out of control with some items, like tents. Barb wire duping is back and is starting to appear everywhere again. Items duping/disappearing in tents/cars is back. Ghillies/camo disappearing. All of this appeared fixed in 1.7.1.5

5. Different servers sometimes places you in different areas and/or with different gear. In one server I have a tire in my inventory. I got to another and it disappears.

6. Shotgun/crowbar are a joke and should be removed.

Things I like:

1. Temperature works now.

2. Cars cannot be stored off-grid.

3. Loot works.

Suggestion for server hopper/alt-f4ers:

Make it so that to disconnect, you have to build a fireplace (and you cant do that in a building). If you don't disconnect using a fireplace, you lose all your gear in your main inventory, including primary and secondary weapons. It will be as if you respawn but at your current location. If you are unlucky with lag and are disconnected, you are shit out of luck. If the server resets, usually there is a warning, so you better get out fast. The idea is to introduce some e type of mechanism that will make connecting/disconnecting an exercise that has to be done with care.

Suggestion for dayz: If you are not doing a final version soon, at least do a KickStart for dayz. Raise some money and create a real infrastructure for the game, with decent servers for the hive and a larger staff. I think you guys can easily raise 3-5 million doing a kickstart for a stand-alone dayz.

^^THIS ...FUCKIN THIS +1

I remember in 1.7.1.5 that after I spawned id basically crouch walk everywhere past zombies and had alot of fun and found myself always in little towns looting stuff..Now as zombies aggro like crazy its just not at all viable to go to little towns ..So now when I spawn I run right into chern ...lose the zeds at or before chern and start my looting. I dont even need food or water I just run and eat/drink when I reach and find loot in chern. And can someone please tell me why even although im really far away and crouched not making any sound/movement that theres always that 1 zed that sees you from a mile away and chases you down? None of the other zeds around that 1 zed notice you even if there closer to you and looking right in you direction? also because that zed has seen you it then alerts all other zeds too !

I hate the unrealistic infinate zombie spawn/respawn ..when you shoot down like for example 20 zombies in a small town they should stay dead for atleast a few minutes.

Mostly everything except the fireplace part ...that sounds stupid.

Edited by Massicor
  • Like 1

Potentially the worst idea I have ever heard suggested for a game of any sort.

That includes the plethora of weapons and hats that were put into Team Fortress 2.

• Like 4

Haven't seen rocket post anything in awhile about any upcoming fixes or anything. Can we get a dev or someone from the staff in here to at least give us a heads up on what's to come? I mean we ARE alpha testing this and providing tons of feedback, but not hearing any word about things going to be fixed etc. is kind of a let down and even worse is having beta patches flying out every other day it seems along with new BattlEye downloads, but no word about DayZ mod itself.

those beta patches pretty much are updates for Day Z

those beta patches pretty much are updates for Day Z

Which doesn't really fix any of the main issues we are having with DayZ itself which will only be fixed by updated the dayz_code file which only rocket is doing, so until that happens any of the current issues won't be fixed by any of these beta patches =\.

EDIT: Like the current issue that JUST happened to me: I spawned at a respawn point even though I left off well inland yet spawned on the beach with all my gear. None of the beta patches has yet to fix that and that has been reported for a good while now.

Edited by kicktd

Anyone saw ghillie (or camo) since 1.7.1.5? 'cause mine disappeared and i can't find a new one

Edited by cynic.pro