rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

v1.7.2.3 and beta patch 94876 are working fine for me. However, I am getting a lot of 'frozen' zombies, killing zombies is not added to my debug monitor and also I had to reload my hatchet.

Forgive me if these are known issues, I haven't played for a few versions.

Next step I'm looking at is moving back to 94945, didnt work for me before however some people are now seemingly able to play with it and others still are not.

I am having this issue as well with .94876. Last time this happened to me when I logged in later I was back where I started before. I think it just means that your character isn't connecting to the hive maybe.

Now I get to "Waiting for character to create" and I can hear people talking, but nothing happens.

I get the feeling a lot of people d/l and install the beta, but then don't run the beta exe

THIS crossed my mind

OK Looks like beta version 94945 is the problem for me.

If you revert to the previous version of beta (94876), it works just fine. It solved the "waiting for host" problem

So it has to be the 1.61 RC not only the reversible Beta 94945, no im not going to detroy my OA install.

94876 is what I'm running, and I've had zero problems since the 1.7.2.3 build came out.

I'm trying to get 94945 right now to test it, but the servers are getting hammered.

If I manage to get my hands on it, I'll throw up a mirror for people in the forums.

I've also got 94700 mirrored here: http://madness.tmok.com/~asdfg/DayZ/ARMA2_OA_Build_94700.exe

Edited by Cyanyde
  • Like 1

Everytime i try to join a server with this new update the screen says that i have the wrong version, what should i do?

OK Looks like beta version 94945 is the problem for me.

If you revert to the previous version of beta (94876), it works just fine. It solved the "waiting for host" problem

^^^

this with me too

Ok, played 1.7.2.3 for about an hour. Overall It felt good. Frame rates were good depending on server.

I got to play on one of the new 100 man servers and it ran great.

zed aggro seemed appropriate, and dealing with them felt more fluid.

I did get aggro'd a couple of times from some distance away, but it didn't feel 'unfair', just that I wasn't being careful enough.

Also, animal behavior seemed to be working better. I saw a goat, a cow, and a sheep, and they were all being quite active and walking around. The cow appeared to try to run away when I shot it.

I ran into some connectivity issues, mostly the 'no message received for x seconds', but one time I was 'kicked off game: battleye not responding'. I suspect that it was because every single server was filled to capacity.

Good patch, runs smooth even with 100 players!

Did you try getting meat off the cow?

Confirming: Rolling back to 94876 resolves the being stuck at waiting for host issue

Confirming: Rolling back to 94876 resolves the being stuck at waiting for host issue

OFFICIAL SOLUTION!! XD

^this pls

It seems Battleye has not updated their signature to support the 94945 beta patch. They release a new .dll today for server side, but when you try to launch the dayz server, it gets hung at "Battleye Failed to Initialize".

Patching back down to 94876 beta fixes this.

Edited by Skydive

Can I update to 94876 through Six Updater? Or, do I have to do it manually. I am pretty rust when it comes to manually updating my files. Thanks! Very excited.

And how do you revert the beta?

Delete Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/expansion/beta folder then simply just run the desired beta .exe

When I try to install that Build 94876 it tells me 'Wrong CD Key'.

What do I do?

Anyone know what beta build 6 updater has on it now?

I was using beta patch 94945, couldn't get into any games, deleted the beta folder, installed 94876 and it worked like a charm

I am seeding as a thank you for your great and fast work. Keep the updates coming! :D

Edited by Testificate

Logged in, lost all my stuff I'd been hanging on to for a cool game over the weekend.

Started a new character. Managed to find an M4, but with no ammo. Aggro'd an infected from another planet. got chased in the a town. I managed to get into a building I logged out, waiting for a mate to get to the town to help. Logged back in. No stuff. Just the starting gear, but was in the same location.

Personally I don't care about that. But what does make this almost unplayable is the zombies chasing you from 3-4 blocks away. I had this happen when I was still, prone on the floor.. <_<

Did you try getting meat off the cow?

Yes. I successfully got the meat, harvested wood, built a fireplace, lit it, cooked the meat, and ate it. All of these things worked flawlessly.

I am hosting a Server with vilayer, and I am wondering does anyone know how to update to the latest server version on a Vilayer server?

It's automatic, just update your server config file with the correct build and beta numbers.