rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Cool story bro! But this is NOT what ALT-F4 does. If you die, you die. ALT-F4 only saves the ones that didn't get the clean headshot. This is however a known exploit that is being dealt with (i'm assured) by the dev team. I won't go into details but the exploit lets you die but not lose your position and/or gear.

I saw the red splash on his head when we hit him and he did the falling down animation, but we didn't see clearly what his body was doing since the towers edges are little bit higher than a body, but even if he would have just fallen unconscious there is no way he would have been able to get back on his feet that quickly. It was litteraly out and right back in. Anyway, feel free to disregard my posts about ALT+F4 issue, just throwing my oppinions into the mix...

Although, this was first time I actually witnessed this outrageous alt f4/disconnect exploiting.

And yes I know it is know and I truely hope they get rid of it at some point because it servers no purpose to anyone who just wants a fair game.

Edited by Klemingway

Includes a first cast attempt at fixing ALT-F4.

Outstanding. Can't wait to see how it's done.

Turk just get banned already, You're using an exploit that's not intended to be in the game as detailed by rocket. Yes I am slightly but-hurt about your disregard for playing the game as it should be played because you and so many others are lessening my game experience. Also I detailed a very obvious reality you seem completely unaware of: other players in general are a threat unless you know them IRL ... fact. If you're geared you're a target ... fact. The game is sandbox survival ... fact. do the math work it out.

On a completely unrelated note how does my use of vocabulary imply that I'm a kid ? Your blatant abuse of an exploit just makes me think you are an adolescent.

Working on 1.7.2.4

Will put up a Pending Update thread when I have an eta for release

Sweet Rocket , cant wait . having a blast every single patch . My only issues right now are hackers , every single server i run into invisible people

shooting up entire teams , crazy weapons and mass wipes i know its been brought up before like a 1000000 times but that and alt-f4 are a big big issue for me right now

more so then the bugs .

• Like 1

Now I'm even more thrilled for 1.7.2.4, horaay

Rocket, sorry but it is only to be sure:

When you say the "ALT-F4 issue", does it involve the "Danger close = Press ESC + Disconnect" issue too?

That would be great but im not really expecting you to answer "yes", for it seems to be more troublesome to fix that.

Maybe i'm wrong though?

Edited by RastaKoueR

Working on 1.7.2.4

Anything other interesting things coming in this patch?

Rocket, sorry but it is only to be sure:

When you say the "ALT-F4 issue", does it involve the "Danger close = Press ESC + Disconnect" issue too?

That would be great but im not really expecting you to answer "yes", for it seems to be more troublesome to fix that.

Maybe i'm wrong though?

That's what i want to know, if it will work only with ALT-F4 or with Esc-Abort too.

It's probably going to work on both ways, i guess.

Working on 1.7.2.4

Rocket, I'm very glad to hear that you're taking on the DC'ing issue in the next release (or next couple with fine-tuning), however if part of the solution involves actively punishing a player (eg..Alt-F4 while wounded = instant death) it would be very helpful if the release notes included explicit details around how that punishment is implemented and what the exact parameters are. Not only would help us in our testing, but it would given everybody due warning.

Thanks and keep up the fantastic work...

• Like 1

If you die, you die. ALT-F4 only saves the ones that didn't get the clean headshot.

how wrong.

shot a guy with lee enfield. its one hit kill. dc, coprse gone after few seconds, no kill.

shot a girl with L85. two times, because she randomly respawned about 15 minutes later at the same spot. funny though, the corpse didn't despawn first time.

shot a guy in the head with a L85 (like 10 m distance), instant dc, no corpse, no kill.

apparently, if you alt+f4 fast enough you respawn again at the same location with all your gear, so you can in fact survive everything.

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 2

I think the server records a death the moment you bleed out. If you're quick enough to beat that bleedout you'll revert to your last save state.

If the servers were to save when the connection's lost then half the problem would be solved. Let them bleed out on another server, whatevs.

Rocket, I'm very glad to hear that you're taking on the DC'ing issue in the next release (or next couple with fine-tuning), however if part of the solution involves actively punishing a player (eg..Alt-F4 while wounded = instant death) it would be very helpful if the release notes included explicit details around how that punishment is implemented and what the exact parameters are. Not only would help us in our testing, but it would given everybody due warning.

Thanks and keep up the fantastic work...

I agree due warning is fair, but MAN I want it to be secret and a surprise to those who do it...

• Like 1

The only thing that is going to suck about an Alt+F4 patch is that there won't be any way to quickly disengage from hackers.

Other than that, I'll be so glad when the bodies of the people I shoot actually stay around despite their best efforts.

Working on 1.7.2.4

Nooooooooo!

You weren't supposed to announce it, remember?!

• Like 1

Are ghillie suits removed from loot tables in 1.7.2.3 ? I haven't managed to find any, i know they're are low drop chance, but still before this patch i managed to find it once in a while... Is is it just my bad luck or they're removed?

Working on 1.7.2.4

I know this is gonna sounds like I use the exploit but I don't. But, aren't there better things to work on atm, like bugs, zombie pathing and behavior, a way to encourage cooperation, zombies attacking through walls and moving through them, etc...?

I'd much rather you fix these than alt+f4, that can wait til the next patch imo.

Edit:

Also can you release hotfixes for the bugs ahead of time? It's quite annoying having to deal with bugs for weeks on end just because we have to wait for other additional content.

Edited by chefwillis
  • Like 2

That's what i want to know, if it will work only with ALT-F4 or with Esc-Abort too.

It's probably going to work on both ways, i guess.

Sweet, we will never be able to leave Chernarnus.

Why your at it remove Alt Tab, CTRL ALT DEL, Kill ARMA2 process.

There needs to be punisment in the game for disconnecting, not just removing binded key features.

Edited by opeth

I know this is gonna sounds like I use the exploit but I don't. But, aren't there better things to work on atm, like bugs, zombie pathing and behavior, a way to encourage cooperation, zombies attacking through walls and moving through them, etc...?

I'd much rather you fix these than alt+f4, that can wait til the next patch imo.

Edit:

Also can you release hotfixes for the bugs ahead of time? It's quite annoying having to deal with bugs for weeks on end just because we have to wait for other additional content.

No, alt-f4ing is a major issue right now. If I am running along the coast and get popped by a mak/winny/enfield and I alt-f4... there is no gear, however, if people are alt-f4ing it's robbing undergeared characters of the loot they rightfully earned AND... it may just start to solve server hopping a bit. Imagine it auto-killing you... you're in the barracks, see someone pop in and you fire a shot, they go to alt-f4 and insta-die. That person will start to question is server hopping worth it (it's really not with crashed helis). Once PvP is sorted out a bit better then you can work on bugs. As far as encouraging cooperation, there really isn't much that can be done fast for that, and it's one of those mechanics that need to be thought out and thoroughly tested before implementing. And for Infected pathing/attacking... there really isn't much that can be done on that, unless Rocket can get Bohemia to put out a patch that changes AI behavior, as it's a engine issue, not DayZ issue.

There's so many beta patches! Now up to 95208...can't download from the website as it's too damn busy.

Deny servers the ability to connect to the HIVE if they are not running the latest patches, please.

Only 10% are running 95168 and <1% are running 95208. How am I supposed to test the game if the servers aren't running the latest version of it?

• Like 3

What happens if my internet drops out? Which it often does, and I get D/C'd? Will it be able to tell so I don't get smote by lightning from the game thinking I'm escaping? There is no good way to fix the D/C issue. It is a game, games can be turned off, internet can be disconnected. I can run it windowed and just ALT+Tab and hit the close button. There are too many clever ways to D/C without intrusive measures. Perhaps if people die they just simply drop all of their stuff instantly, before any D/C. A little strange, but at least it won't be attached to a dissapearing body. It might also be buggy, but you have a better chance to get loot.

I also agree that there are bigger problems. So what if people do it often? Resource spawns are really high and you can get anything without ever seeing a person. Looting dead bodies is extremely far from necesary. It's not game breaking. The Zombie part of the Zombie Apocalypse Survival is what needs the most attention in my opinion. This isn't Bandit Survival after all.

Deny servers the ability to connect to the HIVE if they are not running the latest patches, please.

Only 10% are running 95168 and <1% are running 95208. How am I supposed to test the game if the servers aren't running the latest version of it?

Iv said the same thing. But I also understand that server owners cant always get the files needed to update AS SOON as they come out. Give it about a day and let the servers catch up. With so many damn patches coming out its hard as a player to keep up with them. Do I upgrade for what could be fixed? Or do I wait in case its broke?

A lot of times I feel Rocket and BIS arent on the same page. And it leads players down winding roads of betas and rcs, that could just be avoided if some statement would be made about them

Edited by ZenVolta

Turk just get banned already, You're using an exploit that's not intended to be in the game as detailed by rocket. Yes I am slightly but-hurt about your disregard for playing the game as it should be played because you and so many others are lessening my game experience. Also I detailed a very obvious reality you seem completely unaware of: other players in general are a threat unless you know them IRL ... fact. If you're geared you're a target ... fact. The game is sandbox survival ... fact. do the math work it out.

On a completely unrelated note how does my use of vocabulary imply that I'm a kid ? Your blatant abuse of an exploit just makes me think you are an adolescent.

Idid it once when after giving a guy food, a pepsi and covered him whilst he searched a town, using most of my winchestr ammo i then gave him my makarov & 4 or 5 clips, we leve town and find a deer stand as i climb up he shoots me and i fall with legs, arms broke and bleeding inside the hut, he tries to kill me & can't i try to kill him and can't we stale mate for 5 minutes i then think what a tosser and alt f4 then respawn, and run back to the hut.

Are you saying i should let this scum dance on my grave aswell as stab me in the back? i'd like to see what you'd do in a similar situation.

This is the only time i have down this and it was very recent (my current char) so obviously i replied based on that, get over it its hardly kicking kittens/ eating babies is it.

Raging away at someone you don't know and calling them names etc makes you seem childish. Alt f4ing or exploiting has little barring on someones age. Don't be foolish.

Ok you can't loot someones stuff (that you don't need) how is that comparable to killing someone? It isn't and you are a fool for saying otherwise. You got your kill be happy you have ruined someone elses game for no reason. I can assure you it is far more annoying being killed for NO REASON.

Now can we move on, Rocket says he has a fix, pity he hasn't put an alternative into the game to enable an action that gives credit to the word Bandit, but I guess the selfish vocal minoriety get what they want first.

I personally don't care if the alt-f4 exploit is removed, a 10 second disconnect similar to mmo's seems a logical choice and yes it should be added but it won't stop me being pissed offf for being killed, i don't care for the items, as i've said i'd be happy if bandits could rob you either with a mechanism that stopped you moving as if knocked out or tied up until you break free (repeatedly pressing Left & Right for eg) maybe using something from a non lethal bear trap or a set time until your stuff has been stolen OR a non lethal tasser style weapon (or cosh?) - there should be penalties for murders (i assume the humanity recordings are going to be used eventually) but some kind of encouragement for bandits. As well as more encouragement for helping someone as obviously some players need to be policed as they have no remorse or come back over the internet (no doubt there is a psychollogical explanation for this action provided by the distancing of a keyboard & screen.)

Anyway the word IS BANDIT not killer.

Edited by Turk
  • Like 1