rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

+1. I don't even understand anymore, all these different beta patches coming out daily.. I've no clue which one to actually use.

Same. It's actually a pain at this point trying to keep up. :(

Up until just a couple of weeks ago, though, you could have no fear of updating to the latest (almost daily) Arma 2 betas when they dropped, and it never seemed to adversely affect the latest version of DayZ whatsoever. Now, howewer, we suddenly have to be worried about which beta we're using, as most seem to be breaking DayZ of late, and then we're told to avoid certain ones (after the fact, of course) and not to update to the latest beta. Ugh. The routine is starting to get a little old at this point.

A stand-alone DayZ can't come fast enough for me! (Or at the very least, get this friggin' Arma patch out of beta already so things can finally stabalize a bit!!)

those beta patches pretty much are updates for Day Z

Yeah, except for the fact that most of 'em keep breaking DayZ lately, so we're told not to use them half the time now, and have to keep rolling back to older ones.

Last 95168 is just great. No FPS drops approaching towns, no sh*tty red/yellow links, no stutter, no desync... just great! (and was playing on a Dallas server from... Paris!)

Edited by Dreffh

Since this update loading is ALOT slower... I haven't played for a few weeks and then usually if it was taking this long to load i'd know it wasn't going to and have to find another server.

But now it consistently takes way longer to load and it's frustrating.

Zombies stop moving on our server after couple of hours. They do move on the outskirts of electro, but not inside. So the area basically becomes a pvp zone where I and other run around with "dinner bells". It's fun for a moment, but zombies not reacting totally breaks the immersion as well.

And the fact we have demolished many tent camps that only respawn again after restart with all the loot inside again.

Maybe 1.7.3 patch could be tested abit more first, made sure it really works, all the old stuff that is broken now working again and just do a general item/vehicle wipe. If the duping is gone the rare items like NVG's will be rare and not just stuff you find few times a day from other players/tents if you active.

Add to my comm 2 posts up:

1.7.2.3/95168 : super fast loading to server

- Some Zeds dont react when u pass by them

and when they happen to spawn in front of me, they disappear as soon which is a good thing.

- Heli crash sites loot seems broken as i found 2 totally empty with nothing around.

They may have been looted by others but

the 1st had Zeds spawning and spreading out as i was approaching

the 2nd had no Zeds at all, dead or alive but was VERY close to a town,

so im not sure about that last thing.

Potentially the worst idea I have ever heard suggested for a game of any sort.

That includes the plethora of weapons and hats that were put into Team Fortress 2.

Exactly, that is totally stupid, without any offense..

where if you got any zombie aggo on you, you could not lose them. Your only option was to kill them or disconnect. Made zombies very dangerous.

LOL? Wtf is this another shitty idea? You must be kidding...

6. Shotgun/crowbar are a joke and should be removed.

This point is a JOKE.

Things I like:

1. Temperature works now.

No, no, no, and no.. temperature is broken right now.. at least for me is always at 42ºC

Edited by Übermensch

Patch 1.7.2.3/95168 works fine for me.None of my favourite Server's upgraded yet, but those who did worked great. :thumbsup:

Maybe 1.7.3 patch could be tested abit more first, made sure it really works, all the old stuff that is broken now working again and just do a general item/vehicle wipe. If the duping is gone the rare items like NVG's will be rare and not just stuff you find few times a day from other players/tents if you active.

Tested? Thought that's what we were doing with the alpha? Afaik for a more finished version you're going to have to wait a while for the alpha testing to be done - and that's being done by us. Now.

- Heli crash sites loot seems broken as i found 2 totally empty with nothing around.

Can confirm this. Found one out in the middle of no where, no dead zeds around it and they started spawning as I approached, loot: 2 empty cans and pain killers. Found another one at NWAF loot: 1 FN-FAL (don't need it tyvm though) and uh some tin cans...that was it. Seems loot at heli crashes are now mostly trash with the every now and again surprise tossed in unlike it use to be where 1st one to find a heli crash was rewarded with something nice, not saying the FN-FAL isn't nice but yeah I've had a couple and hardly ever used them, maybe twice total. Use to be I could find at least 1 DMR at at least 1 heli crash, nope. I've been hunting for one for awhile now and can't find a single one at any heli crash I happen upon. It's all either trash, meds or weapons I don't need (L85 WOULD be nice though).

No, no, no, and no.. temperature is broken right now.. at least for me is always at 42ºC

it changend in some way if you compare it to 1.7.1.5.

i'm now loosing temp really fast if it is raining. seems waaaay to fast.

like running for 3 minutes in rain -> temp down to ~30°.

imho broken

Can confirm this. Found one out in the middle of no where, no dead zeds around it and they started spawning as I approached, loot: 2 empty cans and pain killers. Found another one at NWAF loot: 1 FN-FAL (don't need it tyvm though) and uh some tin cans...that was it. Seems loot at heli crashes are now mostly trash with the every now and again surprise tossed in unlike it use to be where 1st one to find a heli crash was rewarded with something nice, not saying the FN-FAL isn't nice but yeah I've had a couple and hardly ever used them, maybe twice total. Use to be I could find at least 1 DMR at at least 1 heli crash, nope. I've been hunting for one for awhile now and can't find a single one at any heli crash I happen upon. It's all either trash, meds or weapons I don't need (L85 WOULD be nice though).

because they've been looted before you got there dude.

Found a heli crashsite too. Zombie spawned when i approached. Just a FAL FN and bandages. Nothing more.

I've never had the zombie not moving problems. Mine are acting fine as usual.

We had this problem now several times. :)

Zombies are somewhat bugged. The vision system works most of the time if you just keep out of their line of sight ie behind them. Maybe just little bit tweaking on their vision then are perfect. The problem I have with them is their spawning and hearing.

Zombies keep spawning way too close to player and it breaks the immersion when the zombies clearly come out nowhere. Also on deer stands they spawn under the stand and are trapped there effectively until killed.

Also the zombies are deaf. You can basicly shoot as much as you want with AKM or Enfield and you won't be pulling any zombies to your directoin, unlike previously just one Enfield shot would attract half of the servers zombie population to your location.

These facts combined don't motivate me to sneak around in towns anymore. Especially the hearing thing. It doesn't matter how much noise you make so you might as well crouch walk where every you want and if one zombie happens to notice your presence then couple of fast sprints trough few buildings and you are on the clear again.

So basicly zombies are now just a nuicanse more than a real threat.

Anyway back down to earth. If there were a mechanic which allowed holding up someone then I'd be fine with that, until there is ALT F4 and enjoy seeing me sink away.

I don't see killing people for no reason as a necessity in this game, and no, in a real life situation people would NOT shoot everyone left right and center, if that were the mentatility the human race would have never got out of the trees let alone made it to caves.

Weird thing is i'm getting chomped out for being a considerate player not trying to ruin someone elses fun by killing them for no reason So whilst you stamp your feet moaning that you can't dance on the grave of someone maybe consider that you have just ruined someones enjoyment, that I think is far worse than being able to take a can of beans.

I hardly see how this can ruin YOUR fun anyway near as much as killing someone who has invested hours upon hours of time into a character to die to some "should be playing call of duty" inconsiderate little shit.

I see your point and it is that you are attached to your gear. In my oppinion gear is ment to be lost. And you lose it by being stupid. Everytime I have lost my gear I could have easily avoided it just by thinking "Maybe I should wait just few more moments to see if that building actually is empty", "Maybe running trough that open field isn't such a good idea.", "Maybe I should make sure that dead guy actaully is a loner and not a part of a team." and so on. And you propably guessed that lowering my guard has cost me my gear more times I want to admit and I know it pisses off to lose all your hard earned gear but maybe next time you know that climbing on the highest point on the map just to enjoy the scenery isn't the best idea.

Anyway, cheating death by disconnecting should be fixed since it is clearly an exploit. Also I almost got myself killed last night because of a guy who kept using it.

STORY TIME!

Me and my friend were on a hill over watching Elektro to make sure it is safe for us to go in and loot it, when we spot this guy running to the fire station at the edge of the city. He climbed the ladders to the top of fire station tower and we noticed he was armed with a sniper rifle. Because of his armament and position we thought that he most likely isn't hunting for cows or zombies and decided that we must take him down. In one clean shot my friend shoots him in the head from 700 m with a DRM and we see him go down only to notice few minutes later that he is back there with his gear and rifle, scoping the hillside where we were. We fire a second shot right into his forehead, but this time we also look at the player list and notice he was gone. I started to approach the city while my sniper was covering my back. When I am almost at the fire station, the guy joins the server, spawns, stands up, shoots me once before my sniper shoots him for the 3rd time in the head. Again he alt f4 out, but now I am pinned down at the edge of the city with ~4500 blood and bleeding. He didn't come back to the same server anymore, but that didn't help since the shooting had attracted attention of an other sniper who started taking shots at me few moments later, but that is a story for another time.

If I had been killed by that alt f4 guy I would have propably been more angry to myself than to the coward that was on top of that fire station, since when I made the decision to approach the station I knew I would most likely be killed on my way there.

/STORY

If your precious gear is so important to you, maybe you should just stop taking dumb risks and learn how to keep quiet, stay out of sight, not attract unwanted attention and watch your back. Running trough an open field into a city with guns blazing is the most effective way of getting shot by a bandit or a murderer.

Or maybe I just don't understand the consept of getting attached to your gear well enough, since I've played so many games with permadeath or losing stuff when you die. In my oppinion that is part of the excitement in DayZ! Taking a wrong route, taking one wrong step, looking into wrong direction, trusting the wrong person or just by being at the wrong place at the wrong time can cost you EVERYTHING. Atleast for me it gets the adrenaline pumping and that is the reason why I keep playing DayZ.

TL;DR, Alt + F4 = Cheating

A 20 second abort wait could help with serverhopping/deathdodging.

This one guy made whole new topic about this and I bet this isn't the first time this idea has been tossed around, but anyway I approve this message and I consider it worth mentioning here.

EDIT: I forgot to say one thing that is sort of relevant both to the zombie matter and PvP. In my oppinion the zombies should be enough of a threat that it makes you think twice "Does that guy really have good enough loot on him to make it worth while to risk everything I have" before making the decision between pulling the trigger or just walking away.

The zombies definetly need to be dangered up a lot.

Edited by Klemingway
  • Like 2

New update next week by the sounds of it from ROcket :)

Source?

Definitely looking forward to next update since Zeds are pretty broken now (with few exceptions).

Just updated to 95168, and now i can't join my previous 95099 and 94876 servers. Anyone experiencing this too? Damn. Not a backwards compatible patch?

95168 is a 1.62 beta patch, so it's no more compatible with the 1.60 and 1.61 ones.

• Like 1

95168 is a 1.62 beta patch, so it's no more compatible with the 1.60 and 1.61 ones.

Oh i see. Thanks for the info i'll wait for my servers to update then.

STORY TIME!

Me and my friend were on a hill over watching Elektro to make sure it is safe for us to go in and loot it, when we spot this guy running to the fire station at the edge of the city. He climbed the ladders to the top of fire station tower and we noticed he was armed with a sniper rifle. Because of his armament and position we thought that he most likely isn't hunting for cows or zombies and decided that we must take him down. In one clean shot my friend shoots him in the head from 700 m with a DRM and we see him go down only to notice few minutes later that he is back there with his gear and rifle, scoping the hillside where we were. We fire a second shot right into his forehead, but this time we also look at the player list and notice he was gone. I started to approach the city while my sniper was covering my back. When I am almost at the fire station, the guy joins the server, spawns, stands up, shoots me once before my sniper shoots him for the 3rd time in the head. Again he alt f4 out, but now I am pinned down at the edge of the city with ~4500 blood and bleeding. He didn't come back to the same server anymore, but that didn't help since the shooting had attracted attention of an other sniper who started taking shots at me few moments later, but that is a story for another time.

If I had been killed by that alt f4 guy I would have propably been more angry to myself than to the coward that was on top of that fire station, since when I made the decision to approach the station I knew I would most likely be killed on my way there.

/STORY

Cool story bro! But this is NOT what ALT-F4 does. If you die, you die. ALT-F4 only saves the ones that didn't get the clean headshot. This is however a known exploit that is being dealt with (i'm assured) by the dev team. I won't go into details but the exploit lets you die but not lose your position and/or gear.

Source?

I just got done watching the interview rocket done with FPSGuru (Check the news page for links) and he stated in there what he's been working on as well as a lot of other pretty cool things. Well worth a watch. This is where the possible update news came from. Rocket did NOT state when, just that it's ready for closed testing, and there's no new features.

• Like 1