rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Honestly my only issue with zombies right now is when they stand around and don't agro at all.

As mentioned, it's ridiculously easy to lose them at the moment, just run through some bushes and they get confused easier than a blind guy on a merry go round. :P

I was running around one last night and he just stood there growling.. it was pretty pathetic, actually. ;)

Yes poor Zeds are often broken, not aggroing on sound of gunfire, totally ignoring you etc.

But I believe devs are aware and meanwhile we can still test/play until new version comes.

After latest beta Im getting even better FPS and except zeds, so far so good. Just hope that bag will not travel back in time again.

So tonight was the first time I died since weapons were removed from the starting gear and I have to admit... it is fucking awesome! I had more fun in the last few hours then ever before. It is not too difficult, there are more then enough guns to find, food and sodas are plentiful. If anything it should be harder.

There are some issues though, but most of them have probably already been adressed;

- Whenever I drop a hatchet on the ground it disappears.

- The server didn't seem to force a character save on abort. I logged back in and my gear was set back a good 30 minutes.

- Major desyncs, I was teleported a couple of times.

- Took a screenshot. but I am too lazy to upload, but EVERY infected in Elektro stood still. Looked kind of hilarious.

Right there is why you haven't experienced what others have. I'd go as far as to say your opinion was useless in all honesty.

If you think being spotted whilst prone & not moving by a zombie over 100meters away spot you with ease and come running yet at the same time between 5 & 10 closer zombies as little as 3 meters away do NOT see you is "ok" then I guess we can end this conversation now :)

Obviously if you are in a group you will never experience this as you say you will always aggro zeds regardless but think of it this way:-

1 person spending 15-20 minutes sneaking past groups of zombies, the tension builds up over these minutes as they squeal & moan when you get to close almost ready to scream for you so you go prone for 5 minutes not sure if you were seen or not the zeds are screeching away, you eventually get a block away from the safety of the building you had your eye on when back in the trees but just before you get there you turn the corner and boom a zed spots you SH1T !!! RUN!!! -

thats a buzz now change it to:-

you begin to stealth round zeds, you go prone & don't move as theres a zed 5 meters away, it walks on by not a sound next 1 spots you so far away you weren't considering it a threat, screech you get up & run , run some more oh why aren't the closer zombies moving or even grunting?

This sucks, i can run around without any probs except for this 1 zombie, hmm somethings broke, oh well i'll cheese the game and loose this zed by running around a house or through it then pick up all the stuff i just passed once that eagle eyed zombie is stuck inside walking slowly.... zzzzz <--- that is exactly what i did in zeleno last night, it was boring as hell. Before it'd take me 30 minutes to go 1 end to the other, this time i went up and down 3 or 4 times for thehell of it running without being spotted as i'd lost the zeds in the supermarket so i could search every house, shed & doorway without any hassles once i'd got rid of eagle eyes.

Which of the 2 sounds more fun?

While I'm sure anyone here would be entirely happy to end any conversations with you, dude, you keep talking. And all you post is the exact same issue, lengthily, every single page. We got it. It's been reported to death. Stop posting or contribute something else, please.

Also, if you think I haven't already spent plenty of time playing solo and stealthing through shit on my own, you're either high as a kite or just incredibly dense. Of course I did all that shit on my own, but my RECENT EXPERIENCE has been in a group, so I reported on what that's like.

I'm not ok with losing such and such, and didn't say I was. I said "thems the breaks" the same as I'd say it after being diagnosed with cancer of the balls. It's resignation and an acknowledgement of the state of the game as it is - not an indignant bitch and whine like so many others partake in, and yet you respond with unecessary hostility and presume to know my playstyle.

I bought Arma 2 specifically for this mod (like so many others) and have done my fair share of "testing", but lately I've gotten into a comfortable role that for the moment, isn't feasible. I don't "snipe newbs" (much), I hunt for choppers with some buds to get my team outfitted, and for the thrill of finding mad loot. Between a few of us, we've found over 40 choppers to date. I enjoy traversing the countryside, living off the land, moonlit walks, a nice glass of single malt, and occasionally straying into the airfield to hunt high value targets. We also regularly introduce new players and help them get outfitted and learn the ropes.

At any rate, you didn't need to, but you chose to level criticism where it really wasn't deserved. Give yourself a pat on the back.

So let me get this straight. you are a tester.. Yet you are a self admitted item hoarder who won't continue to test until his ghillie suit is returned. My mistake, big difference. You don't snipe newbs "much".. lol. Don't BS a Bs'er, boy. You're just the kind of tester we don't need. I stand behind what I said before. If you aren't OK with the fact you will lose your stuff.. then maybe you should move along. You will find no pitty here.

Luckily this game weeds out this type of player. I don't need a pat on the back.. but is sure sounds like you need a hug. :lol:

• Like 3

Okay this happend three times in a row today:

I stood near loot and suddenly my leg breaks and I die with -13000 (or something) blood. I guess loot spawned on my and crushed me. It happend in one of those orange houses with two rooms (twice at the same place) and at a hanger at NW airfield.

Was good when excess items just spilled out of the tents

Edited by DeadAngel

Don't know if this has been brought up - sorry I didn't read through the 50 odd pages on this thread :P - but a serious bug is being able to duplicate inventory items!! You can place ammo, rifles, food, tents, ghillies - anything that comes from your inventory, on the ground immediately before disconnecting from server A. Then connect to server B and that gear will be back in your inventory. Now DC from server B with your gear and connect back to server A and voila! You should have the gear in your inventory as well as the gear placed on the ground initially. Effectively doubling up on anything you can carry. I have obviously done this, but think it will quickly destroy gameplay. Sorry i caved to temptation :( hope i regain some karma in life for reporting this one :) DEVS PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!!

The 1.7.3 have a strang fps lag for me.. and the loading screen is too longgggggggggggggggg

rly.. sometimes i think the game just crashes.. i'm not playing this patch and i'm waiting for the next one..

and i'm having this same problems

That being said, I've run into the following issues repeatedly:

- Massive desync and sometimes lag (generally on a per-server basis).

- Getting stuck on the "Waiting for host" screen.

- "Wrong version" errors for servers that are listed as being the correct version.

- Zombies spawning and vanishing right in front of me.

- Connecting to the game as a "fresh spawn", even though when I last logged out I was somewhere else with gear and alive (fix for this is to "respawn", you'll come back as your original character).

This game is ruined. i couldnt even make it 5min. I SHIT U NOT FIVE MINUTES! at one point, i manged 2 hours today, then twpo live together lasting 12.5 minutes! its not really this update in perticular. IT'S THE NO GUN AT START THING! I CANT SURVIVE AT ALL! Im going to try it out one more time and if it fucking happens again, well then this has benn a complete waste of my FUCKING TIME!!!!!

This game is ruined. i couldnt even make it 5min. I SHIT U NOT FIVE MINUTES! at one point, i manged 2 hours today, then twpo live together lasting 12.5 minutes! its not really this update in perticular. IT'S THE NO GUN AT START THING! I CANT SURVIVE AT ALL! Im going to try it out one more time and if it fucking happens again, well then this has benn a complete waste of my FUCKING TIME!!!!!

^ Then you're doing it wrong. I can easily survive for days (real life time with a couple of hours each day) just avoid players in the beginning. I'm not sure my tip will help you though since you said you can't survive at all which is the point of this game.

I see many people having lots of different problems with bugs etc. Am I the only who as of this patch can play without any problems whats-so-ever ?

Edited by Halenheim

I guess you are not smart enough to survive in a game where survival of the fittest is the baseline.

• Like 1

Hey, I just died today, then I played a few hours, found 2 revolvers, food, water, bandages... and killed only 5 zombies. Just play and die until you master the game :)

Edited by Kiro

hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA

Don't know if this has been brought up - sorry I didn't read through the 50 odd pages on this thread :P - but a serious bug is being able to duplicate inventory items!! You can place ammo, rifles, food, tents, ghillies - anything that comes from your inventory, on the ground immediately before disconnecting from server A. Then connect to server B and that gear will be back in your inventory. Now DC from server B with your gear and connect back to server A and voila! You should have the gear in your inventory as well as the gear placed on the ground initially. Effectively doubling up on anything you can carry. I have obviously done this, but think it will quickly destroy gameplay. Sorry i caved to temptation :( hope i regain some karma in life for reporting this one :) DEVS PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!!

this++. I have also experienced this exact same bug. Please fix. Build = 1.7.2.3 Patch = 94876

I see many people having lots of different problems with bugs etc. Am I the only who as of this patch can play without any problems whats-so-ever ?

i dont have problems either. the only thing that happened to me is my hatchet disappeared, but nothing else. easy enough to get another...

my fps could be better, but has significantly improved, and will likely keep improving. otherwise no issues here. in fact, i havent had any major issues with any patch.

Run straight to chern...let the zombies chase you all the way to chern whilst running from spawn ..its makes no difference as they cant get you ..when you get close to chern run through a double door building/hut or whatever ..as you get in chern run through another ...and go crouch/prone...all zombies should have lost sight on you and you will be free to loot houses ...but stay silent most buildings in chern will have a gun and food/drink. There you have it ..easy mode :) Btw dont even bother going for an hatchet unless you see one in chern .

I used to couch run all the way from spawn to places on map to get loot but now theres no point as they aggro crazy distance ..and running is just faster!

Dunno where chern is located ? use google to find map and as you spawn ...use the location on the bottom right of your screen to see where you spawned (look fast as it only shows for a few seconds) and go the appropriate direction..you will not need food and drink as you can get to chern in decent time from any spawn.

Edited by Massicor

How do I "go back" to version 94876? Do I just DL and run it? I'm having the same issue now, can't connect to any server... thanks in advance!

sorry if someone else already answered this , but I haven't updated myself on the whole thread

I've been installing the beta versions of Arma 2 manually so that I can still use Steam. I prefer the in-game server browser. I also use steam chat and the built-in internet browser quite often (good for having a map handy). I also find the Six Updater/Launcher somewhat burdensome. this is how ya do it (assuming steam version):

1. go to http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

2. download the version you want

3. unzip and run the installer

4. navigate to \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

5. copy the "arma2oa.exe" file

6. paste the file to \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead and overwrite the existing file

7. add "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" to your launch options

voila

I imagine the procedure is the same for retail, but with different directory paths. no clue how to rollback with the Six Updater

• Like 1

look, the game is not easy. that is exactly the appeal. and the awesome thing about being able to play in the alpha stage is that things are constantly changing. you have to learn to adapt or you will die

don't run unless there is *nothing* around you. don't crouch if you're remotely close to zombies. don't go close to them even if you are prone. there are lots of places you can look for starter weapons, from barns to hunting stands to the big apartment buildings in the cities. you'd best avoid cherno and elektro if you're already having this much difficultly with the game

if nothing else, you can find a hatchet pretty easily. they spawn in almost every barn I've come across lately, as well in many industrial locations. they are silent (no aggro) and will one-hit kill zombies. plus they have near-limitless uses. I've often considered keeping my hatchet as my primary weapon even when I've come across rifles and shotguns due to the stealth factor

keep trying. if you actually got the game running, the hardest part is already behind you

The best way I can describe zombie aggro is as "inconsistent."

At times it's a simple matter of staying low and behind them, other times they seem to aggro out of nowhere.

For example, I was shooting zombies from around 50-75 meters away and not aggroing nearby zombies, but another time from similar ranges zombies just kept aggroing.

The weird thing is that it should have been more difficult to aggro while shooting in the rain, right?

were you using the same firearm? differences in sound could account for that. I also don't think the rain would affect aggro from shots fired, again due to sound. I believe zombies vision is curtailed by rain and fog, but not their hearing. 'course I could be wrong on that

I think Hello Kitty Island is on sale on STEAM!!! I think that game may be right up your alley...

this++. I have also experienced this exact same bug. Please fix. Build = 1.7.2.3 Patch = 94876

Oops, just posted this in the bug report folder where it should be :) sorry

Edited by DeadAngel