rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Installed on DE4 with patch version 94876..

Server filled up instantly after reboot, for the first time in around a week, all players were in server anf in game within a minute or so after reboot! So no connections problems after restart!

A few minutes wait after respawning, but nothing like the problems the last few days!

In game, the fps is very stable, until there must have been at least 20 or 30 dead survivors around cherno, brough my FPS down to around 25 to 30, all very high settings, no PP or HDR!

Restarted server to clean up after a few hours, back to 40 - 50 fps in cherno!

In game, zeds are still quite dumb to aggro in certain cases, ie I could run into there face and they wouldn't react, but wobetide me if I even crawled across a path of one 150mtrs away, they would run at me like a man possessed, which in all honesty i prefer! They also are rooted to the spot in a lot of areas, but they might eventually go and check a dead bodies out!

Ammo still not saving after repawning into game, I also had a report of vehicles not saving, waiting for a definite word back on that one! Usual small bugs like, not being able to gut animals, flies still around after hiding bodies! BTW, the bodies would not disappear at all, waited 30 minutes and the dead around me were still there!

Loot seemed to be spawning properly, still no bear trap :( but everything else was in abundance, as usual more watches, maps and alice packs than the server needed for everyone :)

All in all so far running fantastically well with no crashes, will do a server monitor check tomorrow and see how it is running!

Cheers

Edited by MarKeR

Hey peeps, just updated from 1.7.2 straight to 1.7.2.3 with six launcher and loaded in just fine, I am in the same place with gear intact :)

I am very impressed with the performance increase and was able to increase graphical setting a bit. thanks to the team for their hard work.

also to rocket I would appreciate if you could let me know if you guys are actually looking for anyone to do work in further sound design for the game.

I have 15 years experience in composing, mixing and mastering and feel I might be able to add something. If its something you might be looking into

I would be interested.

anyways... for now back to testing :)

• Like 1

I have all my gear but my Ghillie suit (I was wearing it post patch). Should I bother risking clicking on Respawn to see if I come back wearing it all again?

Zombies are way too easy to lose. Walk around a blade of grass and you've lost them. I think it's time to slow zombies, give them high senses like in 1.7.1.5 and give the player stamina so they tire after running. As suggested and discussed at length here and here.

Please consider this alternative and give it a test.

• Like 1

Well heres my summary of the new build.

So far so good, the FPS is excellent and a significant improvement. It's very well noticeable and easy on the eyes.

Server loading is rapid and flawless, I haven't gotten a single waiting for host or character message since this new build.

Zombies seem to spawn ontop of each other and some still do bug out, but the majority of the zombies are flawless and have a realistic visual field to them, as well as behavior.

On a side note... I got an FN FAL in a deer stand? New loot tables?

I have all my gear but my Ghillie suit (I was wearing it post patch). Should I bother risking clicking on Respawn to see if I come back wearing it all again?

do not, it´s not about this 1.7.2.3 patch, it´s about 1.7.2.- overall. You´ll just regularly respawn on beach

I wouldn't if I were you :P

Just head to the nearest apartments etc. and grab another one. Maybe wait awhile to use it, there still seems to be issues around the suits.

This is what needs to happen -- it will have to happen as the mod gets closer to standalone, but might as well start doing it now.

Instead of pushing things out haphazardly, use a daily, bi-daily or weekly downtime, like EVE does, to update. Every server will have to update, or shut down until it is updated. Every user will have to update on login, or not play.

honestly yes, and Rocket... i hope you see this. Also when issues like this happen there needs to be a thread posted ASAP so people can work out problems there, instead of spamming other threads. People need to be informed of things quicker. I worked out over 2 different fixes for the community in the time it took for two responses, and i SUCK at computers. Communication is key. I know you're busy, not trying to sound unappreciative, but a new thread, stating awareness of issue, what happened and what the corrective actions are, are key to keeping a community solidified.

I do not like having to sort through dozens of pages looking for official replies or fixes. This can be much easier than you're making it.

• Like 1

Any server I attempt to connect to with everyting installed properly now gets stuck at "Waiting for Host" (Using new betapatch 94945)

Edited by wolffe

updated from 1.7.1.5 with beta patch 94444. straight to 1.7.2.3 with beta patch 94876

updated with sixupdater

no problems as yet. logged into server in less than 3 mins (slightly longer than norm but i had just been seeding the torrent)

character and gear came through the update unscathed :) all gear intact and character in same place as when i logged out in 1.7.1.5. i noticed a definate improvement on zoomed in fps but was still a little jerky.

Edited by 0siris

Any server I attempt to connect to with everyting installed properly now gets stuck at "Waiting for Host" (Using new betapatch 94945)

Go back to the previous patch, will work then mate!

94786 I think it is!

1.7.2.3/94876 combo working beautifully for me. I have all of my 1.7.1.5 gear intact. I have looted the NE airfield, stolen a V3S, and hiked around in the woods in search of ponds, and have no complaints about performance or infected difficulty.

I have played on two different servers, and logged off once on the first, logged in at the correct position and with the correct inventory.

When I logged out in 1.7.1.5 I had camo on, now I am in civilian clothing. This is the only problem I've encountered. Awesome patch!

Edited to add: I have no idea how I managed to have black text and white background. Sorry if that irks anyone...

Edited by toodarkpark

Go back to the previous patch, will work then mate!

94786 I think it is!

I'm doing that now.

I found a few 94945 servers that still did the same thing though. No idea.

Zombies are way too easy to lose. Walk around a blade of grass and you've lost them. I think it's time to slow zombies, give them high senses like in 1.7.1.5 and give the player stamina so they tire after running. As suggested and discussed at length here and here.

Please consider this alternative and give it a test.

I haven't experienced any of this. If anything, it seems like zombies agro for no reason at all; literally running from 100 meters away even when i'm crawling prone and not in clear sight.

Also losing the agro isn't easy unless you run through buildings to slow them down, they seem to follow just fine through forest/foliage.

Ghillie suit works again, zombies can't spot us from 300 meters away anymore, and server crashes don't delete our progression (I believe it's now sent to the Hive server every 5 minutes).

Perfect patch! Can't wait for the next one :)

1.7.2.3 / Beta 94876 here

Me using 6updater, friend updated via torrent.

Were playing für about 3 hours.

Startet with all gear (we were using 1.7.2.1 on thursday). No problems so far.

Also found a bear trap!

But too much zombies spawns in small villages.

Aggro behaviour felt good.

It is YOUR job Blade Runner to confirm wether or not they are stable. If you are not willing to be a tester than stop wasting bandwith on the servers and the forums.

finnally a someone who gets the whole point of all this.

• Like 1

Played for about 1H on 1.7.2.3+94876 and it feels great to me. I went from 1.7.1.5 to this. I missed what was in between totally and i think that for me it seems an improvement in multiple areas.

1) Loading time much much faster than b4. I dc and tried different servers and it was always consistently better than ever before.

2) Fps improved consistently as well. I was in forest and NW airstrip and minimum fps was better by a mile + no more sudden drop spike like happened b4 to me. Have to test in big city now.

3) Zeds behaviour good too for what I've seen. Better and more challenging than 1.7.1.5 . but not hard to beat. I aggro a few to see the reactions and they were responding in a "more realistic" way sort of speak. I was 50m from one at 1 point and from crouched i went standing and he rightly aggro. He was walking towards me in the first moment. They don't seem to zig-zag anymore which is good in my opinion. They do something like 2 segments at an angle towards you. They run fast though don't you think is so easy. I still have to go in big zed areas like a big city. But for now it seems good to me.

Well, I'm off to test some more then. Feels good overall for what I've seen. I like it.

• Like 1

All I need to know is if L85A2 has been fixed. Does it work now?

played on SE9 and SE10 it was raining and the fps seemed horrid, however on another server with less players it seemed to have a stable 60 fps all over. Had about 20-25 on SE9/10.. I guess it was due to the rain and all the players it had to handle.

Otherwise good patch, zeds seem to be functioning quite alright even though they are stuck in some places scattered across the map.

Well I posted about an fps stutter in 1.7.2, now with this newest patch the fps stutter is even worse. Before every 2-3 seconds my fps would drop about 10 frames and freeze the screen for about 1 second. Now it drops by 20-30 fps every 2-3 seconds.

Same location on singleplayer, 0 problems, this is also on all servers so I highly doubt its a server issue.