rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Rocket:

Please respond to Reaps about that exploit so he'll stop posting it over and over.

Also, can you delete the posts that explain how to do it?

People are using it to grief and it's already been reported in the bug tracker.

(#36636)

Thanks! :)

I'm dealing with the pure act of coping and getting people to login right now.

Exploits and other stuff is priority 2. Lets just have the mod survive the performance nightmare scenario of the next 24 hours first.

• Like 5

Man, I don't want to disagree with you but, how can it be incompetence when we are talking about things in alpha state? It is THE time to f**k up. It's like now or never!

Be it misplacing a file or deleting a texture, all is within parameters of a developing project which doesn't ask a penny out of the testers' pockets and doesn't have to meet a commercial deadline. At least that's my own experience and that's how I see it.

Sorry, all of this is better discussed elsewhere. I'm sure there is a thread already.

/end of staying out of thread. :P

I think what he meant was incompetent insofar as the explosive popularity of the mod and all the issues associated with that. I say dont let the pressures of the community and press fuck it up. If need so do what Willy Wonka did.

Well, to be fair. I am incompetent when faced with the current issues.

But, there are few people in the world who have had to deal with such a rapid explosion of a mod, that is part MMO and part shooter. Minecraft struggled and their central server only handled authentication. So yes, the team and I are incompetent at this. But we're learning, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. But we're breaking new ground. Not even counter-strike or DOTA had to deal with the issues we are. Minecraft hit 500k users in a year, we hit that in under 3 months.

So yeah, its something of a miracle that the mod even works every minute you are playing it.

Incompetence would suggest you're not doing what you've set out to do and not fixing issues that have arose. None of these are true. You're testing a game to the best of your abilities and fixing any mistakes made. An incompetent person would have done neither. Don't sell yourself short. You're doing a damn fine job considering the circumstances.

I just wish I could do more to help. I feel incompetent as a tester.

• Like 3

Man, I don't want to disagree with you but, how can it be incompetence when we are talking about things in alpha state?

Incompetence has nothing to do with the state of the build, but the state and progress of the project.

It's no personal slight against me, well from my perspective, that things go wrong that shouldn't. I just hope I and others involved can learn fast enough to not make the same mistake more than once. That is the absolute best we can hope to achieve. I don't think anyone could prepare themselves for this, no matter how much money, people, or experience even. I.e. Blizzard and Diablo 3.

If I was competent at this, I would already be a multi-millionare driving around in a lambo doing my best to get herpies.

• Like 15

Mhm, not working for me... Still have Problems with "Waiting for Host" :(

Anyone else who have this Problem ?

Exploits and other stuff is priority 2. Lets just have the mod survive the performance nightmare scenario of the next 24 hours first.

Need more moderators to help out with the forums? I've got heaps of experience, and I'll delete the posts myself.

People are complaining about being killed randomly, that exploit is why.

I totally understand where you're coming from, been involved in plenty of mods and their updates over the years, but it's ruining the game for people.

Hopefully he'll take your response as acknowledgement, but the posts need to be deleted so more and more griefers don't start using the exploit.

• Like 1

Installed 1.7.2.3 manually as always, Also running the 94876 Arma 2 beta patch ... The game is running fantastic at 1920x1200 & max graphic settings, I get into games a lot quicker too AND i didn't get a fresh re-spawn like some people.

One happy chappy here, Well done Rocket & team.

Edited by ATOJAR
  • Like 1

Keep seeding for the other people!

Elapsed time: 1h 15m

Seeded copies: 31.8 / 4.25 GiB

Upload slots: 16

Will continue until bed time. :thumbsup:

Incompetence has nothing to do with the state of the build, but the state and progress of the project.

It's no personal slight against me, well from my perspective, that things go wrong that shouldn't. I just hope I and others involved can learn fast enough to not make the same mistake more than once. That is the absolute best we can hope to achieve. I don't think anyone could prepare themselves for this, no matter how much money, people, or experience even. I.e. Blizzard and Diablo 3.

If I was competent at this, I would already be a multi-millionare driving around in a lambo doing my best to get herpies.

lol

C'mon.

You can increase the amount of people working with you?

I don't know the project, but surely it is ran exclusively by you. A few other nice guys help around, but you're the manager/main-modder.

With D3 the issue was a greedy company, not the game itself, that was fine after a few updates.

(with 60+ devs working on that)

For those of you trying unsuccessfully to connect (getting "Wait for host" messages) try rolling back to ARMA2_OA_Build_94876 with the latest DayZ mod code. ARMA2_OA_Build_94945 seems to be non-functional for me.

Edited by mrwizrd

For this you just need to make dayz standalone, and the structure have a very Big Future :) First of all you must believe, and never give in. above all, do not put people off ;)

Finally! :D

However, the log in thing seems to be fixed for most, it's SO hard to get into a server right now because they're maxed very quickly. I've personally got in to servers MUCH quicker, all loot on my body as saved. No desync issues right now. Will post more after several more hours.

friday the 13th easter egg...put on the ghille and you turn into jason vorhees ;)

lol just kidding people.

thanks for the update...hope i don't spawn in debug or lose my gear after the update.

• Like 1

I just got it, I had no problems

My character was fine, my gear was fine, no resets..nothing

worked 100%

Ok, that's a certain point of view. But I myself agree completely with "Ammo"... there's no way that developer like you, under this degree of stress, could be "incompetent" (as in screwing the experience). Every wrong step is to be expected right now.

Please don't buy a lambo, they pollute and you'll die in a crash....... and herpies sting like hell.

Edited by Blade Runner
  • Like 1

lol

C'mon.

You can increase the amount of people working with you?

I don't know the project, but surely it is ran exclusively by you. A few other nice guys help around, but you're the manager/main-modder.

With D3 the issue was a greedy company, not the game itself, that was fine after a few updates.

(with 60+ devs working on that)

it happens to pretty much every popular online game. it's hard to prepare for the server onslaught

Can someone upload the 94876 Patch pls ?

Cant download them from the Official Website (Servers are Down or something)

Thank u !;)

In the OP, below the torrent download link it says:

Use Beta patch 94444 or above

Later in the patch notes it says:

Developer's Note:

* Make sure you run ArmA2 Beta build 94759 or above

Just to be clear, which is the suggested beta version for this release?

Edited by SystemiK

Thanks once again for the commitment to the community, the communication and the hard work you are putting into this! It looks like I'll be having some time to play on 1.7.2.3 on the weekend, just hoping that with all the patching and updating the mists of confusion now are going be able to settle a bit..

Although I think its awesome that the fans/community can engage this early with DayZ, I'm not sure if this is beneficial for such frequent updates.Maybe something like a -stable and -test release would make sense. I'm sure there there are other & better ways to handle this as well but not having much experience in development I won't try to be too much of a smartass here :)

So is using 6updater/launcher safe now? Yes blah blah manual install I get it. I will read up on it tonight and will manual install in the future or just uncheck auto update in Six.