rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

haha love how people are complaining and yet they dont realise the way things were are a badly implemented system which thankfully rocket has noticed and decided to take it out till he comes up with another idea for it.

this game is meant to be realistic and the whole humanity thing wasnt realistic at all just because i shot somebody 2 days ago doesnt mean that everybody now knows im a killer. They would have no idea that i killed that person and now it will make meetings with other people oh so more tense and fun which end of day is what this mod is all about its not the zombies or loot its when you happen to come accross another player and arent sure whether to announce yourself as friendly and hope he is as well or shoot first so you dont risk being shot back at or other option is to sneak away before he see's yourself.

it's alpha isn't? so lets try everything we can do before it's gona be stuck forever...

I think the morphing should be removed and the communication system should be fixed at the same time. Because chat and voice communication its the key for what we are trying to achieve here. We need both at the same time.

By removing the survivor/bandit morphing it could not work, but with new communication system implemented it could work!

How is that? Going to yell "are you friendly" at people? The logical answer is "yes" even if the honest answer is "no." You'll just be making sure they know where you are.

I think the morphing should be removed and the communication system should be fixed at the same time. Because chat and voice communication its the key for what we are trying to achieve here. We need both at the same time.

By removing the survivor/bandit morphing it could not work' date=' but with new communication system implemented it could work!

[/quote']

Tucki: the voip system for direct comms is fixed if you get the latest Arma2 beta patch 93040.

I played as a Survivor for most of my time on DayZ and it was fun, I never once got shot by anyone and I never killed anyone. The people I met were clearly cautious but we eventually either got along or split up shortly after meeting.

Recently however, I was running low on supplies, I had ammo, but no food, water or bandages and was on the brink of dying, as the indicators had been flashing for a while. I eventually came across someone and after stalking the poor fellow for a while, in the shadows (Using my Splinter Cell experience :P), I made the difficult choice to end his miserable life and steal his gear.

I was then morphed into the bandit skin... and a lot of things changed. I noticed that most of the people I met stopped and went prone as soon as they had me in sight and after a matter of seconds, bullets were flying past my ears and it became quite the action-packed gunfight. Similar events followed this one and the life of a Bandit was a new one for me. The entire game felt different, I had to change my tactics in gameplay, it was either avoid players (which I tried my best at doing) or kill them, Survivor or otherwise.

I think, personally, that the mechanic of morphing your appearance basically gives you a whole new status and mixes up the gameplay a little when it comes to player interaction.

I enjoyed the change, and while it look a some time to become a Survivor again, I had a great deal of fun with the minor alteration to my appearance.

Don't bandit outfits get dropped today? He said Thursday right?

Yeah I think I heard that too

to fix the thing about not trusting anyone and no1 teaming up, Rocket in the future could try to put in objectives that one man cant do by himself, just a suggestion. i still support of the bandit skin to be removed because of those who cry "HOW WILL I KNOW IF HIS FRIENDLY OR NOT QQ" thats the whole point, having bandit skin already decides it for u, i guess u guys like it easy.

Rocket in the future could try to put in objectives that one man cant do by himself

I don't like you' date=' and I [i']certainly don't want to work with you.

Rocket in the future could try to put in objectives that one man cant do by himself

I don't like you' date=' and I [i']certainly don't want to work with you.

Can we not like him together?

lol im just giving suggestions, sry ur butthurt that u wont be able to tell if ppl are friendly or not

.... i guess u guys like it easy.

Bandits like it easy and don't want the skin for that reason.

no, not having a skin will offer new ways to play and will change gameplay for both sides.

also... i didnt ask to work with u lol.

.... i guess u guys like it easy.

Bandits like it easy and don't want the skin for that reason.

Thats just wrong because for bandits it doesn't matter which skin the other player is wearing.

It's like everyone's afraid of not being able to generalize people anymore.

When is this happening?

Its not Thursday anymore :( so should be soon right?

I would also like to know this. I have been waiting patiently for this since I heard about it.

I've been reading in this forum for a little while now, and I see that most people argue about survivor vs bandits. If the bandit-skin stays, its easier for survivors to identify them, and if the skin were removed it would be easier for bandits to hide.

I think that most of you have lost sight of what this mod really is: A survival of the fittest - mod. It's not one side versus the other, it's all versus all. I myself rarely trusts anyone in the game, and I tend to wait in the shadows untill they are gone, or if they come to close I shoot them, mostly because I have been in need of food, water, bandages or anything else I need. I am a survivor, and you all are my enemies untill proven otherwise.

I just want gloves in firstperson or a soldier skin from ArmA II. The PMC skin gets old very quickly. I just hope the Army uniforms (if any) wont be restricted to military bases. Will be nice to move with my group when we're all wearing the same outfit though. :)

Logged off last night and was looking forward to waking up today to see the new Skin system/removal of the Bandit skin, only to be disappointed to see no such thing has happened yet nor any mention of progress.

We were told Thursday, and nothing happened, not even a mention of it..