Sign in to follow this  
jenson

A zombie just hit my chest but I broke my legs.

Can this be fixed please? It's getting old.

The only time you should break bones is when you fall.

You have to understand the science behind it. Let's start at the beginning, shall we?

Your apocalyptic diet is awful. It consists of soda, water, sardines, pasta, beans, and animal meat. Sardines, while providing some measure of calcium, are not enough to keep your bones strong. Combine this with all the other nutrients you're lacking, being in near constant motion, and various scrapes, bruises, bites, bullet wounds, etc. Your body is not likely to be able to keep up with the constant reparation it requires under these conditions, therefore degrading over time.

That being said, a zombie often strikes with blunt force to the torso region as you stated in your OP. Due to the weakened condition of your body, the blunt force impact to your torso sends kinetic waves rippling through your muscle and bones. Without the proper nutrients to nourish and repair your body, it degrades (as stated above) and it becomes a simple matter of time before something as trivial as your body trying to disperse absorbed kinetic energy causes bone to shatter.

There you have it, the science behind why getting falcon punched in the chest leads to being crippled.

**Disclaimer: This is not a serious post, I'm just bored.**

Edited by Cyric
  • Like 5

This is clearly a bug. Last night the very first times I was hit by zombies I broke my legs 3 times in a row. Rocket said he fixed this in the changelog but it doesn't look like it was fixed.

You have to understand the science behind it. Let's start at the beginning, shall we?

Your apocalyptic diet is awful. It consists of soda, water, sardines, pasta, beans, and animal meat. Sardines, while providing some measure of calcium, are not enough to keep your bones strong. Combine this with all the other nutrients you're lacking, being in near constant motion, and various scrapes, bruises, bites, bullet wounds, etc. Your body is not likely to be able to keep up with the constant reparation it requires under these conditions, therefore degrading over time.

That being said, a zombie often strikes with blunt force to the torso region as you stated in your OP. Due to the weakened condition of your body, the blunt force impact to your torso sends kinetic waves rippling through your muscle and bones. Without the proper nutrients to nourish and repair your body, it degrades (as stated above) and it becomes a simple matter of time before something as trivial as your body trying to disperse absorbed kinetic energy causes bone to shatter.

There you have it, the science behind why getting falcon punched in the chest leads to being crippled.

You'd have to survive a very long time to die from that, and in any case, cows are in. Dairy products galore.

I love you. If i wasn't such a euronerd, i'd park up your servers all day long.

Brilliant Post, Made me laugh! TAKE MY BEANS!

Edited by N0DemonZ
  • Like 1

i shot myself in the leg somehow and broke a bone

Can this be fixed please? It's getting old.

The only time you should break bones is when you fall.

Zombies kick hard. Drink milk and you wouldn't experience these bugs.

• Like 2

Zombies kick hard. Drink milk and you wouldn't experience these bugs.

How about if you find and drink a mountain dew, you are chuck norris for 1 hour?

I have had my legs broken with 12k blood in one hit. are all of these zombies former body builders or some shit?

Not former body builders. Zombies are obviously undead. As such, they've had their "limiters" turned off. Meaning they no longer feel pain or any other worldly human sensations. So, this enables them super human strength, such that it has the power to break your bones. Couple that to the fact that your bones are weak from lack of calcium, you can see where this is going.

Well, you see, OP, it wasn't the hit that broke your leg.

The zombie pushed you, and you tripped and sprained your ankle... really badly.

Forum's are turning into fucking Facebook.

I thought that too, but I think it works more like a reputation system instead of Facebook's completely "socially satisfying" like system.

I thought that too, but I think it works more like a reputation system instead of Facebook's completely "socially satisfying" like system.

Brilliant, soon there will be post's that say "IF I HELPZ YOU PLX LIEK SO I GET REPZ THX GUIZ"

I got a bullet to the knee, it broke my leg...oh wrong topic.

The animation incorporates a kick/punch doesn't it? So a broken leg is possible. i got two broken legs from a zombie attack and one due to another players stupidity since i started playing, that was 4 weeks ago.

I'd like to see more broken arms, then ppl would wish they had more broken legs because at least they could use their rifles.

Friggin hilarious. FALLLCONNNN PPAWWWNNCH!!!

I think i'm in love with you LoL.

Forums are turning into 4chan.

A black and white vector traced image?

That's 100% reddit's signature unoriginality.

In regard to OP, it's dice rolls man. You've just been rather unlucky