Sign in to follow this  
Sakeoe (DayZ)

calling out whoever just shot me

U srs bro? I was sitting in a bush at the southern barracks of the NW airfield, suddenly I see you and your friend appear. I take aim and could have easily killed both of you as you were totally not paying any attention to your surroundings. However being the nice guy I am I screamed out "friendly, are you friendly?" to which you replied "Yeah i'm friendly don't shoot please don't shoot this is my first serious run please don't shoot me I beg you" so I lower my weapon and drink a coke (my water indicator started blinking), at which point you shoot me point blank in the face with your LMG...... I lost all my nice stuff like my nightvision, rangefinder, GPS.. etc.

I wished I filmed it so I could shame you on youtube

This is why you dont trust strangers. I hope you learned from this experience and shoot them after they are done begging you not to next time.

• Like 1

People will lie for their own gain. In real life and DEFINITELY in the game.

Calling out "friendly" might help anywhere else, but NW Airfield is shoot-on-sight zone.

Greediness and anonymity, you know.

I used to think saying "friendly" would help. But it really doesn't, just shoot people you see on sight (unless unarmed).

I'd have killed them both, NWAF is not the place for friendly strangers.

I used to think saying "friendly" would help. But it really doesn't, just shoot people you see on sight (unless unarmed).

Pretty much.

If you clearly have worse weapons, players tend to shoot you just to be sure you don't shoot them.

If you have better sounding weapons, people will run, disconnect, or panic and take shots at you.

Where is? :P

ok, especially NWAF is not the place for friendly strangers^^

Ah, well check your microphone aswell if you used that one. Mine didn't work so I was shouting friendly like a maniac but got shot anyway because I didn't answer them

Unfortunately, you just learned the hard way that DayZ is NOT a co-op game. Perhaps it was intended to be...but the anonymity of the internet, mixed with the general disposition of the playerbase, makes this game a kill on sight experience.

This game = brianless COD. Move on

Shoot on sight... simple, you just cant trust anyone in this game appart from clan members etc. I dont even give it a second thought if i see you, you will get shot at. I dont sit and camp waiting for someone to pass but its kill or be killed if you enter my line of view

Edited by Targett

You learned a valuable lesson, that everyone learns at one point -- some sooner than others -- and that is you do not trust ANYONE that you aren't talking to on comms (Mumble/Skype etc etc) or people whom you don't know very well.

http://dayzmod.com/f...kes-are-lethal/

Sure your story isn't fake?

You are absolutly right, this story is as fake as fake-cake.

THINK guys, if YOU were OP and you'd rant about what happened to you, WOULD you mention drinking the coke?

"[...] Yeah i'm friendly don't shoot please don't shoot this is my first serious run please don't shoot me I beg you" so I lower my weapon and drink a coke (my water indicator started blinking), [...]

Mentioning the cock here, even it started blinking, makes no sense here. You would not mention, drinking the coke, unless you expect that they heard you opening the coke. But that's not being said here, since then the whole thing would be TOO obvious. The whole thing is made up to get some attention.

If you believe this story, you also belive "Friendly" from a bandits mouth.

Edited by Chellger

I'm pretty sure i was the one who shot you.

But I am 100 % percent sure you didn't call out "Friendly".

So at no point was I going to take chances.

Sorry if this is the case, but I'm not trusting anyone at NW airfield, and I never heard the call "Friendly".

And why would you drink a coke if you haven't got a reply from us saying we're friendly too?

You are absolutly right, this story is as fake as fake-cake.

THINK guys, if YOU were OP and you'd rant about what happened to you, WOULD you mention drinking the coke?

"[...] Yeah i'm friendly don't shoot please don't shoot this is my first serious run please don't shoot me I beg you" so I lower my weapon and drink a coke (my water indicator started blinking), [...]

Mentioning the cock here, even it started blinking, makes no sense here. You would not mention, drinking the coke, unless you expect that they heard you opening the coke. But that's not being said here, since then the whole thing would be TOO obvious. The whole thing is made up to get some attention.

If you believe this story, you also belive "Friendly" from a bandits mouth.

Got something on your mind? ;)

I would say this is your fault, never do something that makes you lower your weapon while players around you think they are at risk of losing their loot.

I'm inclined to believe the person that doesn't type like a retard.

Anyways, next time, don't drink coke in NWAF. It's a pretty easy way of spotting people.

Edited by Undeadsteak