Matty139

Introduce yourselves

Greetings survivelings,

My name is Glenn Im 31 years old, from Oslo, Norway, i go by g_maZta on steam and Vidar Theisen in DayZ.

I just bought Arma II a couple of days ago, only to play this mod, after reading an article on gamer.no, naming DayZ "possibly the best survival-game out there".

And although my references are rather limited ,I must concur, that this mod is awesome!

At first I was too scared to even go near anything resembling a Zed, and when i did, i died. so i decided to read the forums and watch some videos before heading into the wilderness for real.

Today I've spent my first real hours in DayZ, and this is how it went.

Now i started with virtually nothing on the coast. I checked my position and headed up the hills for a Deer Stand, hoping to arm myself for the first time.

It was a fair walk, but finally there i could to my relief see that there were only two Zeds there and they weren't close to the tower. Sweet.

I crept up the ladder only to find it was already looted. Nothing there.

What a disappointment. I quickly chekced the online map again and headed for a nearby farm, where i found a rifle complete with ammo.

This was very lucky seeing that a Zed had chased me inside. I just got my rifle and gave him one single headshot and he dropped.

My first Zed kill!

I gathered some more stuff and headed on outta there. Unfortunately i had injured myself in the fight with the Zeds and even though i now have a rifle, im in desperate need of medical attention. I need meat or blood, fast.

I'll leave it at this for now. I gotta head for some med supplies.

If you see a Guy named "Vidar Theisen" wandering around, don't be afraid, I won't shoot you. At least i wont as long as you keep that gun pointing away from me.

Cheers all. See you out there!

• Like 1

Hello everyone

My name is neil l am friendy and l try to be as helpful to my fellow survivors.:-)

i am 31 years old from scotland.

My in game name is maddog_30 so l hope see alot of yous in game.

Cu

Hey there everybody!

This is Berke and I too love killing zombies. Good games to you all!

Game nick is Berke as well.

Edited by Gargoyle

Hi, im TheSO, (lees in game)

complete rookie here, alone in the woods god knows where, armed with nothing more than a hatchet i rarely move by daylight, preferring to move at dusk or dawn just to be safe. As i type im in a barn, zeds are everywhere and im to freaked to move!

• Like 1

Hello name is Nick (Stack on game) and my fiance Amber (Amber in game) play this game together...whenever we can find each other...and are pretty new to the whole thing

• Like 1

Hello my name is Brian (AgentFreedom ingame) and I have survived for a long time now but, forgot to sign up to the forums sooner.

Greetings. My name is Tohno (Tohno ingame) and I'm a brand new player to Day Z. I think I'm a little too trusting of others.

• Like 1

name is tyler. ingame i am tyman421. i bought arma just for day z a few days ago and i love the game. i already died twice. i havent met any other players though. in this game i live by simple rules:

Trust no one, only kill if needed (or if there is no risk) and have a kick ass time :)

I love this mod :)

I have just found a shotgun but i do not want to use it yet. i will not attack anyone unless they point a gun at me. if you point a gun at me i will be the first to pull the trigger. you have been warned. you can join up with me but if you point a weapon at me I will lose all trust in you and may kill you. I am willing to help any one near the coast find some weapons. i will head there and I will not attack anyone. good luck fellow survivors

Edited by tyman421
  • Like 1

Hey guys, i'm Rock, which is my in-game name as well.

I'm generally a friendly player until you get close to me, as I'm very paranoid, scared, and untrusting. I've been chased by zombies, mauled by zombies, shot at, shot, and a dozen other things in my few days playing. I tend to shoot if people get too close because of a few (5 in a row) previous encounters with unfriendly and heavily armed survivors. I don't really trust anyone that I don't already know, and coming after me is a bad idea. I've been killed by other people twice now, and both times I've taken my attackers down with me. The Rock, never goes down without a fight.

So yeah. I've killed about six people and maybe 60 zombies. Please don't come near me, I don't want to have to up my human kill count any more than I have to!

Edited by Rock

Hey guys, my name is Michel! I'm a 26-year-old guy from The Netherlands.

Because of all the sweet things I've been hearing about this, I decided to bite the bullet and got my hands on a copy of ARMA II: CO.

So yes, my first experiences were a kick in the nuts. I went in way too overconfident, so my self esteem hit a bit of a low pretty soon.

But I'm clawing my way back up and taking the right approach. I'm learning!

As most people probably, I go into this being a nice guy. But from what I've read, it's a dog eat dog world out there, so I'll be cautious of anyone rushing up to me.

If you're calm, lower your weapon and salute, I'll treat you as a friendly. If not... Well, you gotta fight for your right to live, eh? ;)

Hope to see you out there! My in-game name is Dirty Magic as well.

Hey Guys!

I'm Sam, Wolf in game. I am 21 from the UK and I don't actually have a server to call home yet "Sad face" Hopefully I'll find a good one to settle on soon.

I am Zimtok5 (Brad) and I run SpiderGaming.org.

We have players from all over the world. DayZ is an incredible mod and a fantastic experience all around. Thank you to Rocket and the development team for coming up with such an excellent topper to ARMA II. You've brought us many players and new friends from around the world; Australia to Israel, just from these forums.

Anyone who's interested in joining us, please check the website and join us on our public Ventrilo to play with others. We're a mature, gun-loving bunch. ;D

http://www.zimtok5.com/filespace/spider/dayz-010-uralcivilian.jpg

Hey there fellow survivors

My name is Michael (Steam: weekendbiggs, In-game: HalftoneStatic)

Had my first proper few hours of gameplay last night and I am definitely hooked. Lasted about 4 hours before I made it to some kind of military base where I ran into another player. I couldn't figure out how to talk to him to tell him I was a friendly, so we both just layed prone across from each other for about 10 seconds before he shot me in the face, haha. Oh well. Starting a new character now and I'm looking for some other new people to roll with.

Would like to play with others who are new or fairly new to the game so we can share in the discovery of the awesomeness that is DayZ!

Names TJ. 26yrs old from canada in game ninjastirfry.

dont have a home server. just tend to go for lowest ping.

I never shoot on sight.

only played in a small met ingame group once. but server issues broke us up and i havent had much luck finding friendlys since.

hope to see some of you in game...without a gun pointed at my head...

Name's Nitewing03. Dom in game and yesanditsall4u on Steam (see Minecraft Parody (18+) for elaboration on the name.

Been playing Day Z for awhile, don't have a living character though. As you can guess you can find me always running around with Batman (Bob in game) thwarting crime and..shooting...zomb..in...ahem... <_<

We stopped playing a bit due to the fact that we got shore camped by two snipers ( we got shot, died, came back and got sniped in two different places). We suspected hacks so we just logged off, havent logged back in since. Hoping to change that tonight!

No home server here, just look for a good ping and typically in the US Region.

Previet, my name is Dave but in-game it is Vladimir Noshamev. I mostly play on US servers, but you might see me on LOTC's servers.

I am a shoot on sight kinda person (But only if you see me!), so I don't consider myself a bandit. I have had many fails and wins in Cherno and Elektro.

So if you kill me in the future, take my :beans: and eat them too.. Best of luck.

Hello my name is Abe's Odyssey, you may see in game as "Abe", I once got munched on by Z chickens. :|

Edited by abe's oddysee

Hello there Dayz Community. I'm My. New to Dayz. I like the survival aspect of this game. I'm also looking for people to group with send me a msg if you want to. Nice to be on the forums.

Hey people. Been playing a bit. Name's Kaj. Could be different in game though. I've got Kaj, Kajsh, Kajshgfka, Ed, Ant, it all really depends.

Anyhow, best I've gotten was a bike and a Lee Enfield. Not at the same time. Longest I've lived could be around 2 hours without disconnecting. Haven't taken a single human life yet, and I want to keep it that way as long as possible. But thats not to say that I haven't regretted letting one passerby go on past.

Hey I'm Marcus,

And I WANTZ TO KILL ZOMBLES! (*I know it's zombies, but zombles is better cause Simon says it!)

also if you come across me and I have a gun I will most probably shoot you :) Unless we're allied... course if there is trouble,

[i don't need to be able to outrun the zombies, I just need to be able to outrun you]

I love Dayz cause it's the first game/mod that incorporates suviving the zombie apocalypse...that I know off. And I'm happy someone finally did it :)

My steam is 'THEzombiekillingDUDE'

Edited by Olav403

Hey Dudes!

My ingame name is Mensch. Never shoot anyone on sight and try direct communication! We can always talk it out and do business!

Stay savage and ravage the average.

Edited by Mensch

Guess I can jump in. :)

Xcelsior in-game, considered changing to a more...humanly...name for this game/mod. Afterall, who wouldn't trust the dear Jon Watson? (Wrong spelling, but I'll stick with it being that it's how my name actually is spelled and all!)

The friendly eye in the sky. If you're in danger and I'm in range, it'll soon be a very dead threat. Yes, I find high-end Snipers and use them to help players, in particular freshly spawned players...issue? :P Someone puts the life of my partner(s) in danger and they'll soon regret it. Don't endanger me or another innocent and I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can.

Afterall, what gives another person the right to decide who lives and who dies?

<S>

Xcelsior

Bearcats

Tatortodd22, here. I just got DayZ within the past week, and I am loving it. I haven't had many bandit encounters (I got sniped once) but I can't imagine my having a taste for that. I've never gamed for the satisfaction of killing, mostly for exploration, socialization, and completion (which Day Z has a lot of). I am looking for a tight group of friends to game with, which may or not be a clan. I do want to play with a game style with more to the thriving than the surviving. I want to help other players and aid them. Perhaps giving people rides, medical supplies, spare food, etc. If it were the real apocalypse and I had the surplus or means to obtain that surplus, I'd do what I could to help others. So why not do that in game :)

PM me if you'd like!