Legacy (DayZ)

PSA: Do not wear alternative clothing in 1.7.2.0!

This is ridiculous. How wasn't this announced when, for example, starting up the mod?

I don't read the forums 24/7 so when I finally found a camo suit I tried to equip it. (Note: I was on the second level of a building).

It started the swimming animation and I was lowering into the floor where I could swim around the area until I pressed 'c' to stand up. All my gear was gone and the suit wasn't even visible on my body, I still wore the starter clothes.

Good to know none of the mod makers will bother helping the players that lost their gear.

This is ridiculous. How wasn't this announced when, for example, starting up the mod?

I don't read the forums 24/7 so when I finally found a camo suit I tried to equip it. (Note: I was on the second level of a building).

It started the swimming animation and I was lowering into the floor where I could swim around the area until I pressed 'c' to stand up. All my gear was gone and the suit wasn't even visible on my body, I still wore the starter clothes.

Good to know none of the mod makers will bother helping the players that lost their gear.

Oh whine some more will you? And how do you imagine it is "announced when starting up the mod"? I'm pretty sure coding something like that would require multiple changes to both the mod and ArmA 2 files and would take more time making than is necessary (if at all possible). If you want to be super cautious and not lose your gear in new updates, read the forums before playing. Or just don't get attached to your gear and keep playing. I bet the devteam has better things to do than worry about who loses their stuff (like fixing said bugs which cause these people to lose their stuff).

Alpha.

I love the whining about lost camo, no more camping and player in the bushes and sniping ppl for fun for a while i hope :D

It's just bad that the website was down...next time i'll wait before installing the next patch.

There should be "Important News" or "Warnings" on Six Launcher startup prevending so many people losing their stuff.

a sticky in the mod's forum is not enough?

will this happend if ive had the camo on for more then 1+ week?

Guess so, happened to one of my friend when logging in after 1.7.2, I think he had it on like two weeks.

What does time have to do with it? Its a bug in the ghillie suit being ON, either beforehand or freshly equipped. Has this been fixed yet? Im specifically looking for alternative costumes now because im rather bored with the lame trucker cap and shiny white sleeves.

Why should they replace everyone's items in a game that's reared toward losing such stuff in the first place?

You'll lose it all eventually to begin with, lets not take time away from the developers just to replace something you'll lose in another 30 minutes anyway.

Good to know that my competition in the Apocalypse don't have the common sense to read up on patches and related bugs before playing. I lost my ghillie too, but only because I'd rather play than not. You did not pay for this. This is an Alpha. You are testing an early version of the game for the sole purpose of reporting bugs like this and the devs DO NOT OWE YOU A THING. I really thought people were exaggerating about the majority of current PC gamers being so entitled and worthless, but unfortunately that's what the community has shown me since I came back to the "master race" lol.

• Like 1

Temporary announcement, will be moved when necessary or forced moved.

At the moment in 1.7.2 other types of clothing (Camo, Ghillie.) remove your entire inventory which will result in total unrecoverable item loss. At the moment it is a confirmed bug and the DayZ Staff are looking into fixing it within 1.7.2.1 hopefully!

Sources:

- https://twitter.com/...648318273134592

- http://dayzmod.com/f...a-ghillie-suit/

- http://www.reddit.co...know_about_172/

Would have been nice to see this in the patch notes

Edited by Boneboys
Patch notes were not "fucking" at time of going live.

Sorry if this sounds like trolling, I'm trying to be constructive. I just really wish some people could get to grips with the loss of gear. I know this is bug related and it sucks but if your going to enjoy DayZ at all, for the moment you'll just have to accept that occasionally, it's gonna happen and try to enjoy starting with a fresh character or hunting for new stuff.

i don't understand people complaining, you are in ALPHA not a full finished retail game.

bug and features happen and vanish, so does your gear and loot life and maybe your joy.

I thought one of the main reasons 1.7.2 took so long to come out is that Rocket wanted to make sure it was stable before release to avoide past fiascos.

Well that went well.

Would have been nice to see this in the fucking patch notes

Yeah, an unknown bug should have been foreseen by psychic devs and put in the patch notes. Imbecile.

Yeah, an unknown bug should have been foreseen by psychic devs and put in the patch notes. Imbecile.

*clap*

I wish I had read this thread about 10 minutes ago...haha :(

I just found 'camo' and put it on...It sucks so badly...Teleported to water for a moment, then back...lost everything.

This update has broken way more than it has fixed. Since I lost all my weapons, I play for a bit, lose connection, disconnect, then reconnect and it puts me back to where I was just after I lost all of my equipment...

Of course, it couldn't put me back to where I was just BEFORE I lost all of my equipment...That would have been too convenient...

This thread should be stickied.

The ghillie also disappears when playing on 1.7.1.5 too!

I was aware of the issues on 1.7.2 so I thought I would just play some good old .5... I was shocked when I spawned in with no ghillie.

At least I didn't loose my gear though or die.

It didnt wipe my inventory, it just made my ghillie disappear. I guess I'm a lucky case d:

same here. lost my ghillie skin, but i still have all my gear. just wish i could get back to my tents and see if they're still intact and full of stuff (the server i normally play on is still running 1.7.1.5)

Thread edited due to incoming patch today.

Good. I've been jonesn' to put my camo on.

What time will it roll out?

Sad that my ghillie disappeared due to sync glitch when I logged back into the game and was put back an hour of play time and a few good items.

Edited by bluerising

I just picked up a ghillie suit today, not gonna wear it until the fix.

Also people, don't get attached to your gear, you'll lose it somehow anyways.

Now, is it possible to drop your entire inventory (minus the ghillie), put on the suit, then pick everything back up?

Now, is it possible to drop your entire inventory (minus the ghillie), put on the suit, then pick everything back up?

No, the suit actually doesn't work.