grrinc

Zombies are back in charge - good job

Well it looks like the latest patch is an attempt to make this game about survivors versus zombies again. At long last. A random guy took a few post shots at me in small town, and he attracted a horde to himself and got killed. It was hilarious. Thanks for the kit dude - Call Of Duty is that way >>>>

Ahhh.. justice served :) Did he have the dinner bell or what :D I think there are still too little zombies in the game. With zombies quantity triumphs quality. In real life a city of 100k population would have thousands of zombies in it.

Bah.

Hopefully this doesn't spell out disaster for spawnees who can't get to guns.

We'll have to see if the timer plummets or not.

Ahhh.. justice served :) Did he have the dinner bell or what :D I think there are still too little zombies in the game. With zombies quantity triumphs quality. In real life a city of 100k population would have thousands of zombies in it.

Yeah, but there's a technical limitation on that, too. The servers are bogged down enough as is without more npcs running around.

That's not to say they won't be optimized, of course.

Oh, my sweet naive child. If you think a few angry zombies are going to stop my group from murdering you, you have another story coming. A sad story. A story that involves my two favorite companions dealing with any zeds in the vicinity with their 1600 combined rounds of M249 ammo while I deal with your silly face with my AS50 anti-material sniper rifle. That material is your face. My gun is anti-your-face.

Maybe we will spend a few more bullets than we did before the patch but please don't think you're safe.

• Like 4

Well it looks like the latest patch is an attempt to make this game about survivors versus zombies again. At long last. A random guy took a few post shots at me in small town' date=' and he attracted a horde to himself and got killed. It was hilarious. Thanks for the kit dude - Call Of Duty is that way >>>>

[/quote']

I don't doubt the hilarity of the scene but it sounds like par for the course in response to aggroing zeds in a small town. In other words: how did the patch help this?

well at least he didnt dc like a pussy, no need to make fun of him.

he tried to kill you

he failed

he manned up and take the death

tbh i think the last patch had it nicely balanced with the zombies

in my last game i was in a field crouched about half a mile away from nearest zombie then it turned and ran over to me i didn't even move that isnt 1 realistic or fun

what will happen is is we are finding a balance and then after a month of people complaining it will probably be put back to what it was hrs ago.

save the time just keep it as it was. if something is fine dont try to better it as most often it ends up worse. this happens in so many games now starts out great and the pure great thing that actually made it good in the first place gets forgotten or overlooked.

focus on other things that actually need sorting a zombie spotting you like super man isnt needed.

Oh' date=' my sweet naive child. If you think a few angry zombies are going to stop my group from murdering you, you have another story coming. A sad story. A story that involves my two favorite companions dealing with any zeds in the vicinity with their 1600 combined rounds of M249 ammo while I deal with your silly face with my AS50 anti-material sniper rifle. That material is your face. My gun is anti-your-face.

Maybe we will spend a few more bullets than we did before the patch but please don't think you're safe.

[/quote']

I love you, Zed. I love you so much right now. I don't know why seeing someone say 'My gun is anti-your-face' is so funny, but I love it.

Oh' date=' my sweet naive child. If you think a few angry zombies are going to stop my group from murdering you, you have another story coming. A sad story. A story that involves my two favorite companions dealing with any zeds in the vicinity with their 1600 combined rounds of M249 ammo while I deal with your silly face with my AS50 anti-material sniper rifle. That material is your face. My gun is anti-your-face.

[/quote']

Perhaps - but it is clear which way this game is heading now. A few more parches down the line and you'll wish I was an ally rather than someone harmless that you wasted your precious ammo on. The writing is on the wall my friend.

[/quote']

I was gonna rag on you for the high horse act, but the anti-material line was golden, well done good sir.

Well it looks like the latest patch is an attempt to make this game about survivors versus zombies again. At long last. A random guy took a few post shots at me in small town' date=' and he attracted a horde to himself and got killed. It was hilarious. Thanks for the kit dude - Call Of Duty is that way >>>>

[/quote']

I don't doubt the hilarity of the scene but it sounds like par for the course in response to aggroing zeds in a small town. In other words: how did the patch help this?

He wasnt in the town - he was on the outskirts in the hills. I have been attacked on many occasion from these distances and the attacker usually gets left alone. But today, about 15 zombies just launched from the town and ran to him.

This happened to me a few weeks ago actually...

I saw this guy near Cherno at a farm.. I asked him "Are you friendly?"

Asked again "Are you friendly? please answer me"

Then I saw him pull out his gun and try to hide behind the back of the farm.

I asked once more "Friendly? I can see you hiding"

I tossed a flare near him and then he started to shoot 360 around him.

Next thing after his shooting, 20-30 zombies coming after him from cherno (he had a very loud sniper gun i think). He started to run away and actually ran right next to me. The zombies got to him and killed him.

It was so fun to watch him kill himself when I was trying to be nice

Line of Sight. Being Quiet

Surely if you were trying to evade someone you wouldnt pass through their line of sight. A zed having a chance of seeing you from 50m or so isnt terribly unrealistic.

Zeds are back!

In other words:

Peopel enter town

attract zeds( which is gonig to happen, since they are super humans)

they disconnect

reconnect

^ repeat until they are out of the town. I think Rockets number 1 priority should be fixing DCers.

• Like 1

Line of Sight. Being Quiet

Surely if you were trying to evade someone you wouldnt pass through their line of sight. A zed having a chance of seeing you from 50m or so isnt terribly unrealistic.

Zeds are back!

Yeah, but with the random pathing that zeds have, it really doesn't help. I've had zeds pull entire 180s just in time to catch me, when I thought I'd get away clean.

That's the one problem I have with LOS. You never know when they're gonna look in your direction, so you're just better off crawling everywhere.

[/quote']

I love you, Zed. I love you so much right now. I don't know why seeing someone say 'My gun is anti-your-face' is so funny, but I love it.

Zed is probably my favorite poster on this forum, everything he says makes me LOL. I am a ZedsDeadBaby fanboi, I admit it. :blush:

Why do people keep saying "super human" zombies ?

If you can see them, they can see you. Right ? They're zombies, not premier league linesman.

• Like 1

Yeah' date=' but there's a technical limitation on that, too. The servers are bogged down enough as is without more npcs running around.

[/quote']

Yet Rocket's indeed been saying recently that he wants more players and zombies per server! Wants upwards of 200+ players per server and that DayZ could easily support this. But like you said, considering how bad it gets now sometimes on full 50+ player servers (let alone when there's a new update), I can't even imagine how this could work and still stay lag-free and junk. Let alone not get over-crowded on each server, as even now on 40 or 50 player servers I seem to be running into someone and/or getting shot at around every fricken' corner!

But whatever, I'm not Rocket. I'll assume he knows what he's talking about. :)

in my last game i was in a field crouched about half a mile away from nearest zombie then it turned and ran over to me i didn't even move that isnt 1 realistic or fun

Half a mile is ~800m. I don't believe you.

Its materiel' date=' not material.

[/quote']

You are retarded, and it's sad.

I died a bit on the inside.

Materiel is military equipment, namely the things that 50 caliber rifles are used for taking out other than infantry.

Its materiel' date=' not material.

[/quote']

You are retarded, and it's sad.

;) WTF thats HILARIOUS!!