Denuth

1.7.2 Opinion thread. All your opinions, good and bad, go here.

Lost all my stuff due to new patch. I fell thru the ground to water where my weapon and all stuff except toolbelt got destroyed somehow

Zeds running indoors - realistic

Zeds running uphills - realistic

Zeds being able to see someone directly in front of them - realistic

Zeds being a major threat in a Zombie Apocalypse - realistic.

See where i'm going with this?

The 1.7.1.5 lite version is that way <<<<.

Welcome to hell.

Running through gates-not realistic

Hitting through walls- not realistic

Running through buildings- not realistic

My character not being able to run up a hill that is like only 30 degree while zeds can go 2 x the speed of Usain Bolt- not realistic

Zombies knowing exactly were you are- not realistic

me not being able to jump through windows- not realistic

Should i go on?

IMO Also' date=' these are not zombies, they are infected, Anyone saying these are zombies should be punished.

The way Rocket wants the infected to be is just SO different and against what the arma engine is supposed to do and what is typically handles, its like l4d2 having slow zombies.

[/quote']

thanks for writing those and berry him. i just couldn't be bothered

Just like you couldn't be bothered learning to spell.

People complaining about BUGS - please wait for release not Alpha.

Hitting through walls, walking through objects - i am pretty sure that they will be ironed out at some point, but whinging because an Infected psycho can now run faster than you, or can run indoors, or see further than 50m?

Boo Farking Hoo!

Players like you are exactly what is wrong with gamer's. When someone throws a logical point or illogical I don't really give a shit... You really went in the direction of picking on someones spelling... in a game designed in fucking Prague not everyone's primary language is English.

If people don't say anything and let bugs go unnoticed how are you actually helping the game to evolve and be a better experience than it was a month ago? I'm sorry.. If they don't *Whine*

Hitting through walls and moving through objects like fences/doors/walls is pretty fucking BIG. When you find 99% of loot inside buildings that have these things called doors/walls.

All in all, 1.7.2 is probably going to get toned down. Zombie running in buildings would be A-Ok with me as long a he fixed their movement/hitting through walls.. I wouldn't even mind the extended detection range to be honest.

do you think one would be banned for playing the game while they previously had a gillie and are now invisible?

I don't think so, you did nothing to try and turn invisible you just spawned that way after this patch. Would not be your fault unless you exploited it(killing survivors and looting stuff that you would need a group to loot if you were visible) Then again you did have on a ghillie suit so if you were to snipe players from far away it wouldn't be so bad even if you are invisible.

Rocket is trying to run his little experiment of how far he can abuse his player base.

This is a bad idea, because you will alienate intelligent, dedicated players who have been sticking with the crappy Arma2 engine just because of this game's premise.

Keep doing it and a larger developer will snatch the idea, and your frustrated masses will flock there.

Either have legitimate slow but persistent and numerous zombie type.

Or have your pretty ridiculous running zombies, BUT fix pathing, clipping and of course give the players a chance of survival.

Currently the game favors players with weapons and maxed up gear, and abuses the newcomer and the itemless survivor.

Keep doing this if you want to lose your 15 minutes as fast as you got it Rocket.

do you think one would be banned for playing the game while they previously had a gillie and are now invisible?

It's not your fault your invisible so I can't imagine you being banned for it.

Same with weapons you might find. Are we really expected to check the wiki for each and every weapon or piece of gear we find? I guess once you have been playing a while you get it all down pretty well. But for me who has only been playing a week I lucked into an entire gear set that contained a suppressed scar (very long story). I had no idea it was an illegal weapon.

I can't believe they are still fucking with the infected aggro range. Why do we keep going back and forth on this? The only people who bitch about it being easy are the assholes with silenced weapons that don't remember what its like to spawn with a fucking flashlight in banditsville.

My experience with the game so far is that if I can last long enough to get a decent weapon, I last for days. When I die, I typically have 3-10 deaths trying to find basic gear or a server that isn't just picked totally clean and trapped all up.

With more difficult zombies, fucking "bear traps" (begin rant =1 seriously who the fuck asked for this? how retarded would it be to try to trap an animal with this instead of just putting a bullet into it? why mention that in the patch notes. Lets call a spade a spade here its so that people with gear and shit can put them at the top of ladders and entrances. Just one more way for us to fuck each other over, like we are short of those.)

I would like to see the team focus on things that ruin the fun, like shit disappearing from my bag, bugs that cause me to die, or lose all my gear that I spent HOURS for. I love the fear of bandits and zombies I get that, the fear of the game fucking up my shit is the only thing that takes away from my desire to play.

I do appreciate the effort to curb vehicle hording. I've played for months now and can still count on one hand the number of vehicles I've actually seen where they spawn.

I love the game and I know its in development, so please, fucking spare me the "alpha" comments. I just want it to be even better than it is.

I can't believe they are still fucking with the infected aggro range. Why do we keep going back and forth on this? The only people who bitch about it being easy are the assholes with silenced weapons that don't remember what its like to spawn with a fucking flashlight in banditsville.

My experience with the game so far is that if I can last long enough to get a decent weapon' date=' I last for days. When I die, I typically have 3-10 deaths trying to find basic gear or a server that isn't just picked totally clean and trapped all up.

With more difficult zombies, fucking "bear traps" (begin rant =1 seriously who the fuck asked for this? how retarded would it be to try to trap an animal with this instead of just putting a bullet into it? why mention that in the patch notes. Lets call a spade a spade here its so that people with gear and shit can put them at the top of ladders and entrances. Just one more way for us to fuck each other over, like we are short of those.)

I would like to see the team focus on things that ruin the fun, like shit disappearing from my bag, bugs that cause me to die, or lose all my gear that I spent HOURS for. I love the fear of bandits and zombies I get that, the fear of the game fucking up my shit is the only thing that takes away from my desire to play.

I do appreciate the effort to curb vehicle hording. I've played for months now and can still count on one hand the number of vehicles I've actually seen where they spawn.

I love the game and I know its in development, so please, fucking spare me the "alpha" comments. I just want it to be even better than it is.

[/quote']

Yes sir! Another one I fully support!

I hope the devs can read all of these USEFUL and intelligent feedbacks. The game now is so fucking broken, and they keep making dumb updates doing a lot of steps back. C´mon guys...the clock is ticking, do not let this go too late to regret

I haven't logged in yet, waiting for the 1.7.2.1 patch comes out so I don't spawn in the sea :D

I learned from 1.7.1

Are the Zeds like super sensitive now? Seems like they heard me from a mile away while I was sneaking.

Rocket is trying to run his little experiment of how far he can abuse his player base.

This is a bad idea' date=' because you will alienate intelligent, dedicated players who have been sticking with the crappy Arma2 engine just because of this game's premise.

Keep doing it and a larger developer will snatch the idea, and your frustrated masses will flock there.

Or have your pretty ridiculous running zombies, BUT fix pathing, clipping and of course give the players a chance of survival.

Currently the game favors players with weapons and maxed up gear, and abuses the newcomer and the itemless survivor.

Keep doing this if you want to lose your 15 minutes as fast as you got it Rocket.

[/quote']

Agreed. The pattern with these patches and statements I've read indicate a sadistic personality. I'm intending this as genuine patch feedback. We are seeing a pattern of enjoyment of cruel treatment of the players. At the same time, a cult-like following of a minority of masochistic players blindly support and defend the cult leader at every single turn. On the surface, this isn't much different from the relationship between Hitler and his military officers.

This is a bad idea' date=' because you will alienate intelligent, dedicated players who have been sticking with the crappy Arma2 engine just because of this game's premise.

[/quote']

Agreed. The pattern with these patches and statements I've read indicate a sadistic personality. I'm intending this as genuine patch feedback. We are seeing a pattern of enjoyment of cruel treatment of the players. At the same time, a cult-like following of a minority of masochistic players blindly support and defend the cult leader at every single turn. On the surface, this isn't much different from the relationship between Hitler and his military officers.

Lay off the drugs, bruh.

Also I wouldn't recommend to pick up any loot that does not look legit nor listed in wiki list of spawning loot' date=' else you can end up being banned. Me and my friend found 7 cheated guns just today. AS50 with thermal scope, few camo AK SD, Camo SCAR SD, M16A2 ACOG+Grenade Launcher, PDW SD and few 100% cheated vehicles with automatically refreshing fuel and gear parts..

[/quote']

M16a2 acog/grenade launcher is legit i found one one at the nw airfield.

[/quote']

Lay off the drugs, bruh.

You clearly have no clue about rocket. watch his rezzed interview before you run your mouth off please.

Am loving the new zeds.Much harder but with more realism feel to them.To you guys saying that they can hear you from far away,that is not what is happening.It seems they toned down their audibility while increasing the visibility and adding in probability to it also.I am now running behind them or crouch running and not being noticed.Just keep an eagle eye out for where they are looking now.And if feels that I am losing them realistically now. Ran around a house a few times and when the zed started to walk I went into crouch and fast crouched away.

Be warned though they run up hill fast now so that exploit of running at a certain angle uphill will not work because they will slam you down hard now. :) And yes I still got a broken leg just now but this was after 4 zeds beating me senseless.

I'm okay with the zombies having "human vision" idea, but I wish the Zeds actually walked like zombies and not some superman scratch monkeys that can see through walls and and run uphill like a triathlete :P

Rocket said that: RE: Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

We're now working on the issue, there will be a SERVER SIDE rollback to a contingency file (a new version of an old version) that will fix the loading issues, and deal to most of the issue associated with invisible characters etc...

On thread page 59

[/quote']

You are both morons.

People need to stfu about pvp, kos, bandits, or whatever else they want to label someone shooting them in the face. *You* have a problem with killing people in cold blood, for gear, for lulz, or whatever; so you dont do it. Thats the dayz morality system, its player decided, sucks to realize when shtf and rol is gone people will revert to what they r, animals. No one is telling you to play a certain way, stop complaining thag your own decisions are limiting your success in game, or go find some like minded individuals to start a convent.

Edit,

Hitler comparisons.... Really....

Personally, seem that some things are still unfixed from the [FIXED] section of the patchnotes:

- Hatchets still need reloading...throw it back on toolbelt, and back to primary, you'll see it needs reloading again.

- Multiple reports of inconsistent zombie behaviour. Some darting over to you from around 100m, while you run past some nearby and not aggro it at all.

Those are the two things that i've spotted right away, but it's a shame these weren't fixed as intended in the patch notes.

I know one of the new weapons are the bear traps' date=' I think it can be awesome as well as a headache but we will have to see!

[/quote']

Yea, bear trap - dumbest fucking idea ever. Let's make it easier for people to grief. There's no legitimate use for such a thing in this game.

to be fair zombies where too easy in 1.7.1.5 what i did play of the new patch i liked' date=' i could sneak on zombies as long as they werent looking at me...

[/quote']

Too easy? Troll somewhere else. Like 4chan.

I know one of the new weapons are the bear traps' date=' I think it can be awesome as well as a headache but we will have to see!

[/quote']

Yea, bear trap - dumbest fucking idea ever. Let's make it easier for people to grief. There's no legitimate use for such a thing in this game.

It hasn't even been out 24 hours and you're passing judgement on it

Revert zombie aggro range to 1.7.1.5..... I can not even prone through a fucking town without getting chased. Epic BS....

I guess by ''new weapons'' they mean Bear Traps and Wired Fences (found the last one). Seems cool =D Just found the last (fences) and I'm meaning to fence a grocerie store =D

I know this is just an alpha and more of a development rather then a game but some of us really play this for fun and not to be testers.. Hence why I have over 400 hours played.. Shit happens I kno but IMO...

There are new features coming out while old bugs still exist.. What I would do (and im in no way, shape or form anything close to Rocket when it comes to dev) is work out all the bugs.. Perfect the current version for bugs. Once that is done, move along to some new features.. New features means new bugs.. Work them out and move on.. Just seems like features and in game changes are priority over losing items, spawning illegal weapons etc... Its not the feature changes that take the fun away from the game as much as the bugs... Just a thought...