Denuth

1.7.2 Opinion thread. All your opinions, good and bad, go here.

Well apart from various items disappearing this sounds like a blast. I love running through towns singing crazy train through direct comms with a large number of zeds chasing me. Zeds are easy to deal with, and always will be. I really don't understand why everyone gets so upset about them aggroing. Run into a building, stop, let them gather, run out. Or is you have a weapon, make yourself a zed milkshake with brain matter =D

I guess that is what is expected in an Alpha testing stage that patches introduce bugs but I think they really need to take steps of fixing previous issues before introducing new ones without even attempting to fix problems.

My problem is I can't seem to find any server in the UK That is using .2 so many are still on .1.5 and I'm tempted to see if I can roll back some way so i can get on them. I'm not liking the idea of logging in and getting killed by zombies instantly, I logged around 300m from a deer stand.

Considering everyone is trying to connect at the same time and the servers and whatnot are probably majorly overloaded.. This isn't a surprise.

I CANT PLAY WITH THE NEW PATCH. i try to join many servers including all of the old patches and new... game is down for the moment... wtf

And i thought to not put the new patch, but i couldnt resist!

Hotfix is in work. Hope it comes out soon D:

Scratch that I can't play at all now. I can't download the old version anymore either which was an incredibly stupid thing to do.

A lot of you must be new players. The overloaded server/stuck at creating character/stuck at loading thing almost always happens when a new major patch rolls out and everyone is trying to get on at once. Welcome to DayZ!

Scratch that I can't play at all now. I can't download the old version anymore either which was an incredibly stupid thing to do.

Wouldn't matter for either patch you stupid fuck... it's server side not client. GIVE IT AN HOUR PEOPLE FFS CALM DOWN. "WHAA LIKE I CAN"T CONNECT WTF BBQ :@ "

Even Diablo 3 timed out for hours upon release...

Logged in and I realized ghillie suit I was wearing is gone and now am wearing a weird digital woodland camo outfit with a radio antenna on back :o

If you were wearing a ghillie suit before the latest patch chances are you are invisible to other players now,the same thing happend to me.

Guys shut the fuck up. The servers are over loaded... this happened in previous updates you stupid immigrants. Wait an hour calm down you'll be able to play... the ten minutes where i was in game I could tell this is a SERIOUS improvement to 1.7.1.5. Just be patient while server issues get worked out and not over loaded.

What are your observations?

Guys shut the fuck up. The servers are over loaded... this happened in previous updates you stupid immigrants. Wait an hour calm down you'll be able to play... the ten minutes where i was in game I could tell this is a SERIOUS improvement to 1.7.1.5. Just be patient while server issues get worked out and not over loaded.

I noticed Zombies are way more sensitive to sounds. I fired my gun and ran back into the woods. I looked over and noticed that the zombies were walking towards where the sounds had happened which was pretty cool (like half the entire town lol). Performance wise I felt like it just ran alot better. Last thing I noticed was that the loading screens weren't as messed up and the game just loaded smoother than normal. I only had a quick glimpse before I timed out.

If you can't be coolheaded then don't post here. I've stated numerous times that this is to remain calm. Thank you!

I just rolled back to 1.7.1.5 because it works... and I am now enjoying DayZ again, a infection survival mod. Where as 1.7.2 is a loading simulator as someone else previously stated.

Considering I got straight into 1.7.1.5 no problem I wouldn't be pointing the blame at the "Hive".

It took a while to "create" my character, then I got in. I soon realized that my character was completely invisible in 3rd person. I have camo on, so I think thats the problem. I'm upset. I've had a lot of problems with this game. I understand it's alpha, but at this point I just want to play. I dont care about small issues like zombies glitching through walls, etc, I can deal with that. But when it takes 10 minutes to get into the game, then im invisible? Why even update until you know its stable. We're happy to wait.

aggro is overkill, dealing with this where there are no hills or open buildings is difficult

trying to shoot is difficult because of unpredictable movements and they're immediately on you

It took a while to "create" my character' date=' then I got in. I soon realized that my character was completely invisible in 3rd person. I have camo on, so I think thats the problem. I'm upset. I've had a lot of problems with this game. I understand it's alpha, but at this point I just want to play. I dont care about small issues like zombies glitching through walls, etc, I can deal with that. But when it takes 10 minutes to get into the game, then im invisible? Why even update until you know its stable. We're happy to wait.

[/quote']

Have you ever played a beta? Public or otherwise? With some major and many minor bugs?

This is THE STEP BEFORE. IT WILL BREAK, IT WILL DELETE EVERYTHING, IT WILL SHIT ON YOUR DOORSTEP.

Sorry, but people just seem to think this is a GAME, it isn't, its a development.

I lost my M4 Sd and NVGs when I changed into my camo uniform i had in my pack. I didnt wanna be invisable... then I reconnected and disconnected. I spawned out in electro with my cyote bag but in civies. I quickly found a mak ventured into electro checked both fire houses then server crashed. I log into another server Go back ot the fire house nad find an M4A3 CCO and kill a dude that startled me now I have two GPS'... Yeah I gotta warn my buds about logging in soon.

* [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)

What does that line mean? Can I have multiple characters?

is there somewhere that we can re download the previous patch and run that?'

and can you not play on multiple ID's now?

I noticed Zombies are way more sensitive to sounds. I fired my gun and ran back into the woods. I looked over and noticed that the zombies were walking towards where the sounds had happened which was pretty cool (like half the entire town lol). Performance wise I felt like it just ran alot better. Last thing I noticed was that the loading screens weren't as messed up and the game just loaded smoother than normal. I only had a quick glimpse before I timed out.

Ahh that sounds great.Only connected once so I will hold off on spurting about shit. :)