rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

You need pictures or movies showing admins doing bad things, otherwise it's just "hearsay".

The sniper weapon could have dissapeared when you connected due to this 1.7.2 version being too aggressive with the anti cheat stuff - it's known some sniper weapons get removed when you connect to a server. I lost a sniper gun I took out of a bus' gear and put it on my backpack - when I reconnected to the server the backpack was without the sniper gun.

Server getting closed and then started again could be a coincidence - it may restart regularly every few hours, or administrator may have restarted it to install arma2 patch or something else.

Oh ok thanks for said me that =)

* [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )

Seems to be fixed

Go check this again. Hatchet still has a reload issue - put it on toolbelt, take it off toolbelt to primary, still have to reload. Wasn't fixed.

Unfortunately about 1/4th of the patch note work as intended, the rest have ether gotten worse or have not changed at all.

tis a shame.

Edited by nethstar

Go check this again. Hatchet still has a reload issue - put it on toolbelt, take it off toolbelt to primary, still have to reload. Wasn't fixed.

Unfortunately about 1/4th of the patch note work as intended, the rest have ether gotten worse or have not changed at all.

tis a shame.

Yeah, as much as I agree with the "continue forward" mentality, most of the notes/updates in this patch just didn't happen (no bear traps, still reloading axes, zombies hearing stronger instead of weaker, more instead of less sync issues, etc). Here's hoping the next patch/hotfix is soon and consists mostly of the many necessary/gamebreaking fixes instead of adding flavor content.

• Like 2

It would be nice to see a dev dropping a comment or something related to a possible eta on patch and even more about the fact that they are reading our bugs report and taking note about them. But once again we have the silence treatment. Great! on this note i'm done testing since i'm not payed either and communication is shite. See ya in the far future.

Pls refrain from stupid patronizing comment like, we won't miss you and crap like that. Happy testing to all of you.

It would be nice to see a dev dropping a comment or something related to a possible eta on patch and even more about the fact that they are reading our bugs report and taking note about them. But once again we have the silence treatment. Great! on this note i'm done testing since i'm not payed either and communication is shite. See ya in the far future.

Pls refrain from stupid patronizing comment like, we won't miss you and crap like that. Happy testing to all of you.

You'll be back ...game is too good

IMHO Rocket should hold on the next update and take advantage of his position at BI to ask the other developers in the company to fix the more serious issues with the game:

* make the game no longer react to Alt+F4 - should be easy to do, most games do it. If not possible to ignore it, at least pop an "Are you sure you want to quit?" window with a 5 second timer until the "Yes" button can be clickable. Players currently abusing this will get shot in those 5 seconds.

* make it respawn button ask for a confirmation - lots of players accidentally click on it when going to Game options or whatever.

* change the abort button so that when it asks for confirmation, it shows up a 5-10 second timer until the Yes button is actually clickable. - As the window with confirmation message is "modal" (aka not letting you move the character in game) this would fix the issue where hurt players disconnect.

This should fix a lot of issues and make it harder to get out when in a fight.

Next, make it impossible to play with a different version... don't just show a message on the screen... if it's not possible to do it, then if they don't get out in 10-20 seconds, show a message saying "your character will die in a minute" and after a minute kill them, or just make them bleed...

---

PS. I agree that the silence treatment is not a nice thing... sucks that Rocket and Dayz staff asks for suggestions and feedback but hardly ever aknowledges that these messages are read and noted somewhere.

It really isn't so hard and time consuming to go through these and note down the bugs reported and push them into that bug reporting site and once a week or so post a message with a line for each bug users reported and the link where the bug is posted

Edited by mariush

arma x player. Cant get past the "Loading" screen (not the "waiting for char to create"), any hotfixes? Any confirmations from devs this is an issue for shitloads of players?

IMHO Rocket should hold on the next update

So all arma x users couldnt properly play from the 1.7.1.0 onwards and still cant with 1.7.2 and you say dont update? Ohhh, OK

You'll be back ...game is too good

I certainly will. I will pay too for it when the stand alone version will come out. But at the current state i don't see my "testing" of any value since there is already a list of reported bugs and broken things that is 67 pages long, and since maybe 20 pages we are just reporting and reiterating the same ones.

But we still have no idea if they have been acknowledged.

Edited by Fabrix

So all arma x users couldnt properly play from the 1.7.1.0 onwards and still cant with 1.7.2 and you say dont update? Ohhh, OK

You were supposed to be able to play already with this 1.7.2 version.

Would you feel better if two-three more versions are released and you still can't play?

While a small minority of players can't even play the mod, a large majority suffers from players abusing the bugs such as disconnects or alt+F4 to get out of a situation where they might lose, thus making the whole experience bad for everyone.

I know it's frustrating you can't play, but it's an alpha - you were never guaranteed that you'd be able to play with that Arma X game.

gotta fix your spelling man...

either way, I don't have this problem.

I don't want your troll anwser on that. My main language is not even English. So you can suck me B**** and start learning Swedish.

Then you'll know how hard it is to learn a new language newb. lol

Edited by Miggy

tis a shame.

Agreed.

but it's an alpha - you were never guaranteed that you'd be able to play with that Arma X game.

lol? Why I was never guaranteed to play arma x?

And yes, its alpha. So deal with bugs, cheaters etc and let us play.

1.7.2 made DayZ worse to play. Desync problems are nightmare. Yes, it's alpha but you've got at least(!) 100,000 active players so be more responsible with what you release.

I've been following this mod for awhile, and I really enjoy it. I love the survival, I love teaming up with other survivors, and I love scavenging for supplies. The last update has been rather.. "rough", but people have to keep in mind, it's still in Alpha. You can't expect to complain about problems with the game, and then have them fixed imminently. It also bugs me how the community acts towards one another. It's seriously out of control and should be pulled back a little bit. If you don't agree with a fellow player, then keep it to yourself if you can. Just because you think that someone is wrong, you don't need to deem yourself the authority to literally yell at them. I'm hoping for some fixes soon (just like everyone else), especially for the melee weapons, the hit detection is off from time to time. Stay alive my friends.

Edited by IceCreamSandwich
  • Like 3

It also bugs me how the community acts towards one another. It's seriously out of control and should be pulled back a little bit. If you don't agree with a fellow player, then keep it to yourself if you can. Just because you think that someone is wrong, you don't need to deem yourself the authority to literally yell at them..

I agree with this and a lot of it is frustration but this community is still better than most.

Still loosing half full magazines when switching server... weather is really cool: )

a lot of rubberbanding thow: (

Edited by XsRage
  • Like 1

We aren't playing, we're testing. So it's expected that shit will fuck up.

Stop bitching.

Yeah but still, if you test the 1.7.2 build for 2 weeks before releasing it to the community, why the fuck is it broken as hell? Doesnt make sense. 1.7.5.1 was way better overall. No reason to take a good build and make it worse. This is all fact. Look it up.

Im still on 1.7.1.5,,,I have a gullies suit..finally. Is is safe to update to 1.7.2 yet?

kicked due to corrupted memory, all the time, happened me and me two friends exactly at the same time on different servers

Yeah but still, if you test the 1.7.2 build for 2 weeks before releasing it to the community, why the fuck is it broken as hell? Doesnt make sense. 1.7.5.1 was way better overall. No reason to take a good build and make it worse. This is all fact. Look it up.

Because this is an alpha were we test stuff, if you haven't noticed yet there's still new things being implemented and tried which is the whole point with an alpha. Since nothing is set in stone there will be better and worse patches when in alpha mode. This is an unfinished product that contains loads of testing, it's not about polishing an almost finished product. There is still totally new things they're trying which might fuck up other things.

This is how an alpha works, deal with it and help make this game great for when it becomes the real deal!

• Like 2

Yay. Just dreading bear traps. Hope they are not too hard to spot so I dont just run into one every few minutes.

kicked due to corrupted memory, all the time, happened me and me two friends exactly at the same time on different servers

Just happenned to me (FR 35), relog'd on another server (FR 75) : my toon spawns 5 meters from the ground, falls, dies, then instantly "kick : corrupted memory" (each time everyone in the server was kicked that way).

Hopefully the dead state of my character won't be saved due to the major fuck-up of the Hive and whatnot ... ?

Naaah, guess what ? when you die on a bugged server when the system fails, that's recorded.

But 5 hours play session yesterday night (with only momentary de-synching) , not recorded.

Aaaaaaaw yeah, new character again, don't know if I will be able to keep this up much more longer though.