rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Admins, Rocket, Anyone...

Do you think those of us who lost all of our inventories to the ghillie suit glitch will ever get them back? It's so frustrating... I never got to use any of that gear and now it's gone. Probably 40 hours searching for it all. And it's all gone.

No its Alpha thank you for testing.

sixupdater is malware' date=' do not install

[/quote']You win stupid comment of the day.

Ok I discovered how to fix my personal spawn issues.

Its only if I'm dead that I cannot get into a server, so I roll back to .1.5 to create then update again and I can play.

Complicated but it works. I keep all my old DayZ versions just renamed in the same folder to ensure I can do things like this.

Coem on guys' date=' stop spaming, more important stuff to ask here:

[b']Will transport with all stuff inside will be wiped out (like tents) after this update?

I truly hope so. Would be fun for groups clans to have to start from scratch after using they're closed servers to hoard everything.

Ok' date=' just got to try 1.7.2, and I took a few notes while I was playing.

I used Six updater to update and everything went smoothly as usual.

I logged into Seattle 43, and it was 38/50 at that time. My ping was 13. (guess where I am!)

I felt that the load times were a little bit longer than before, but not really all that long. Just long enough for me to go "...is it working?"

All of my gear was present and accounted for with the exception of my camo suit. I am now wearing the civilian clothes. Oddly enough, I still have my old pair of civ clothes in my inventory.

I spawned in the correct location

I noticed a new field on the debug monitor that said "Visual: 4.5". It went down to 0 after the sun went down.

The framerates were great. The only time I noticed a drop was when using my binoculars.

As far as Zed behavior goes, I didn't particularly notice a difference. My visibility icon was at 0 the whole time though, because the sun was going down on the server. So, darkness is correctly affecting your characters visibility (was it before? I don't remember). I aggrod 1 zed and led him into a church. He stopped running at the doorway like usual, and I was able to dispatch him without alerting any more zeds with my 1911.

Then I sprinted full up through the town and aggrod about 7 zed. They chased me across the field, and I was able to juke them without trouble in a long barn, just like before. So, overall I notice no meaningful change, which is disappointing, as I currently find them absurdly easy to deal with...hopefully they will be tougher when it is brighter out.

Did I mention that I was getting excellent framerates? The game ran smooth as glass for me, and my rig is nowhere near top of the line.

Great patch! I know others are having trouble, but I can only speak for myself. Nice work.

[/quote']

Probably the most constructive feedback i've seen to date,

Coem on guys' date=' stop spaming, more important stuff to ask here:

[b']Will transport with all stuff inside will be wiped out (like tents) after this update?

I truly hope so. Would be fun for groups clans to have to start from scratch after using they're closed servers to hoard everything.

We raid one clans base and stole / destroyed. Now we hunt them one buy one and protect coast line. So its not fum for us to loose stuff mate.

We are friendly

But at the end' date=' I think there will be a great game concept. And it take precisely this pain to get there. As I said there is a reason "standard" development hasn't produced this game.

[/quote']

I hear you Rocket,

As a longtime software tester, i have to disagree a little with you.

I dont know, but looking at the time of when you said it was sent to closed testing, and before it was released, i see it as unlikely you can test anything more than "it runs" and maybe some very breif "smoke testing".

Im not gona tell you how to be a programmer, or how to do stuff, but i guess more time could be spent on code reviewing and give the internal testers more time to test the more vital parts. There is no benefit in rushing testing.

I understand that its a alpha, but its a public alpha, thus before releasing it, require more testing than usual.

Atleast thats my thoughts. Keep up the good work, i think the game is awesome and i love to test it for u, as a alpha player. Even if i now cant get into the game ;)

I thought we were the testers? Us.. the masses.

We report bugs, they get hotfixed if enough of us are reporting it.

Isn't that the point of an alpha? to introduce new elements, have them tested and fix them up?

I'm dying to jump in tonight, myself and my clannies are going to actually respawn and forgo all our gear and do the whole start again on a new build thing. Should be fun and/or horrible, who knows?, but it needs to be done to address any issues that may arise.

I know our lone voices may seem to be not heard but if we are all singing the same song, things get definately get fixed.

I probably lost all my gear on a 34-day old character. I'm not even mad even though I had expected my 'death' to be a bit more heroic than this. :p

Okay, this is getting annoying, I've already died twice because my legs suddenly broke and I lost all 12k blood in a second, though nobody was attacking me at the moment, i was just crawling and then - CRACK! - bones are broken, lose consciousness and suddenly lose all blood... and both times it happened in the same place(though i'm not sure where exatcly, but i was crawling near/inside a hangar)

Edit* I have the latest beta patch and full steam versions of both arma 2 and operation arrowhead

1.7.2. took away my primary weapon, but ok, not a big deal.

I think it is much more annoying that Zombies will spot you that easy. Kept crouching around a small town north of Gorka yesterday. There was just one or two lootable buildings in it. Around the city in the fields (approx. 400m x 150m) I have counted up to 20 Zombies, I dont know how much Zombies have been on the other sides of this town.

Together with the fact that a zombie now can spot you within a range of ... I guess 100 meters or more this town can no longer be approached if you are a single player. Even if you were 2 or 3 guys... this will be a hard job and a waste of ammo that most likely will not pay off.

Deer Stands seem to be guarded by 3 Zombies as it was before, so no increase in Zombie count here, but the Zombies can easily spot you if they turn to you. If you dont want to risk broken bones, you have to shoot them and dont use hatchet (which was a favourite weapon for me before).

I was spotted several times and lost blood several times, luckily I got no broken legs, so I could at least recover by hunting.

I dont know, if this level of difficulty can keep me playing much much longer. I will try to group with my pals, but I think if I play as lone wolf (half the time I do so), they will sooner or later get me (... sooner I think) and I dont want to imagine how hard it will be to get equipped again starting at the beach.

I know about rockets intention to make the game "hard" and in principle I agree with that. I completely dislike linear designed shooters. And I don't remember which game was the last to really challenge me before Dayz came out. I also know rocket states that he did not think about fun at all when doing the mod. My first impression is that this patch did not make me want more of that... no matter if you call it "fun" or "survival".

Any news on hotfix or something? I have a ghillie suit and don't want to log in to lose my stuff. Was it really neccessarly a website makeover now that the new patch has come out with 1000 new bugs? Sensible choiceThis tread had 200 pages yesterday, what happened?

Edited by Fabrix

Okay, this is getting annoying, I've already died twice because my legs suddenly broke and I lost all 12k blood in a second, though nobody was attacking me at the moment, i was just crawling and then - CRACK! - bones are broken, lose consciousness and suddenly lose all blood... and both times it happened in the same place(though i'm not sure where exatcly, but i was crawling near/inside a hangar)

Edit* I have the latest beta patch and full steam versions of both arma 2 and operation arrowhead

we call them 'sniper'. u wont hear a shot but u got shot. deal with it :)

Any news on hotfix or something? I have a ghillie suit and don't want to log in to lose my stuff. Was it really neccessarly a website makeover now that the new patch has come out with 1000 new bugs? Sensible choice

This tread had 200 pages yesterday, what happened?

Not yet.

Edited by Vasiliy Lanov

''Hotfix for mod released once website up''

Wesbite is now up, where's the hotfix? I thought you delayed the patch so this wouldn't happen.

Edited by SadPanda
  • Like 1

''Hotfix for mod released once website up''

Wesbite is now up, where's the hotfix? I thought you delayed the patch so this wouldn't happen.

+1

It's to bad we wont see it any time soon since rocket is offline.

best part of the tweet: Website will be down for a max of 5 hours..... posted 13 hrs ago

I hope some of the issues with connectivity can be resolved soon.

Also, issues with logging in and being where you were hours ago isn't very fun either.

I haven't been able to play very much yet with server connection issues but I wanted to pop on to talk about what I did notice in the time I have played.

Re: Infected Aggro

Call me odd man out... I like it. It's random as hell. It makes it a lot less find the right path and move along it and not have to worry about the zombies. It makes getting into a town to find supplies a hell of a lot more tense but with some out of the box thinking it's still doable. I was hating how inconsequential the infected in an area are becoming to players. They absolutely need to be a danger. The way they are tracking may be a bug but I absolutely love the effect of it.

Irony is, I had managed to stay relatively leg break free in 1.7.1-5. Only twice I can remember - once caught in a door (so it was appropriate) and once trying to stand up under a bridge... so it was probably actually my neck that broke.

Anyway, I logged in today, headed for a gas station, aggroed an infected who ran up, took one swipe at my head, and broke my legs.

Haven't run across any bear traps yet.

Probably server issues rather than build related but loot seems a bit off at the moment.Tank traps and wire fencing are still everywhere. Ridiculously so. In the trek from Berenzino to Solnichny and back I found maybe 5 piles of loot that weren't tins cans and empty bottles, scrap metal, or tank traps or wire fencing.

Thing is, I kind of like that as well. It's making it a lot less, breeze through a town and get everything I need lalala in an apocolypse la.

Bout all I can say at the moment.

Keep going, Rocket. Just like you're doing.

ETA: Forgot to mention infected spawning on top of my head. Twice.

Edited by EliJRn