rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

everyone is hanging at waiting for character to create.... please test these releases before releasing them.

~silent

Item reversals wont be made. Simple explenation is that some of the items removed are properly removed and will be kept removed. There were some bugs that was introduced but we'll issue a fix to that in a later patch.

We even discussed a full character DB wipe before 1.7.2 to start with a clean slate.

The issues in this patch has part been to support Arma X and also supporting your old characters.

Basicly switching from one serialnumber format while retaining the old. (simple explenation for a complicated issue)

YES! I think a full DB wipe would be sweet. Would that include Vehicles and tents? because I gotta be honest. I'm missing the early game, crawling round cherno feeling physically sick with fear. Now, late game, it just turned into patrolling with our vehicles. looking for more tents to store all the stuff we find at the crash sites. I miss feeling scared.

The DB wipe would bring back some old times that I miss dearly.

Item reversals wont be made. Simple explenation is that some of the items removed are properly removed and will be kept removed. There were some bugs that was introduced but we'll issue a fix to that in a later patch.

We even discussed a full character DB wipe before 1.7.2 to start with a clean slate.

The issues in this patch has part been to support Arma X and also supporting your old characters.

Basicly switching from one serialnumber format while retaining the old. (simple explenation for a complicated issue)

I'm good with this being alpha and some of the items I played for being gone. I start every character by giving him a name (I'm currently playing Fred) and mourn his death only momentarily before getting excited about the life of my new character.

Your deflection is totally unnecessary. Shrugging off issues with "oh, we may have talked about this other thing in the past" is an unnecessary statement.

tl;dr: Justification isn't needed. Shit happens. Game is still good.

everyone is hanging at waiting for character to create.... please test these releases before releasing them.

~silent

And what the fuck do you think they are doing? You are not playing WoW you are testing a game.

I was able to log on earlier today during lunch. Quickly raided a barn, tested out throwing a tin can, lured a zombie inside and unloaded one of two barrels from a shotty that was in there.

I was surprised when the Zed dropped instantly without momentary freak out before death. I am happy.

I have been playing for about a week now, finally have a kit that allows me to be self-sustainable. But, the most fun I have had in this game so far was acquiring this gear.

If there is a aforementioned wipe, so be it. Rocket, Anders and the rest of the dev-team, you have my support, and thank you for letting me be in some way apart of the future outcome of this game. I am having a lot of fun!

• Like 1

~silent

This is in Alpha, we ARE the testers.

• Like 1

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but as far as I can tell nothing has been changed or fixed about the unable to play glitch.

I was playing on a server (finally) when my friend told me to join another one to cover him while he looked for loot. Did it, finished up and then went to return to the other working server...and was stuck on the character create screen. Attempted to return to my friend's server (at this point I don't care if it's my regular, I just wanted to play) and got character create screen again.

Still seems hit or miss with no real "fix" from my experience. I could be wrong though.

Aww man, was really getting to like the last patch. Well except for laying next to a tent and breaking my leg part LOL.

YES! I think a full DB wipe would be sweet. Would that include Vehicles and tents? because I gotta be honest. I'm missing the early game' date=' crawling round cherno feeling physically sick with fear. Now, late game, it just turned into patrolling with our vehicles. looking for more tents to store all the stuff we find at the crash sites. I miss feeling scared.

[/quote']

Speak for yourself, hombre.

Some of us have yet to even see a working vehicle or test out new weapons we've found.

Keep at it Rocket and Co. You guys are making leaps and bounds code wise, the quality and scope of each one of these updates is becoming better with each iteration.

Thanks for all the hard work :)

Please do not post messages of support or abuse. Please only post your feedback from having tried the update' date=' or any serious issues.[/b']

Keep at it Rocket and Co. You guys are making leaps and bounds code wise' date=' the quality and scope of each one of these updates is becoming better with each iteration.

Thanks for all the hard work :)

[/quote']

*sigh*

ALL the weapons out of the game are glitches because I cut too deep with the classname removals.

This will be fixed for future hotfix in the week.

tl;dr: Its fucked.

Trick to playing day z when you have good gear...don't update right away wait for everyone to complain about how stuffed up it is and then update once the hotfixes are all out :D

YES! I think a full DB wipe would be sweet. Would that include Vehicles and tents? because I gotta be honest. I'm missing the early game' date=' crawling round cherno feeling physically sick with fear. Now, late game, it just turned into patrolling with our vehicles. looking for more tents to store all the stuff we find at the crash sites. I miss feeling scared.

[/quote']

Go to Elektro and die...

I hope there wont be an DB wipe...

[/quote']

Go to Elektro and die...

Why? Attached to your gear?

[/quote']

Go to Elektro and die...

Anyone clamoring for a DB wipe thinks that survival means running through Cherno/Elektro and finding beans until they die 20-30 minutes later.

Also, the map glitch is fixed from my previous post. Guess that was an anomaly.

Three of us tried logging in a few hours ago. We only look for servers that are veteran/expert with 3rd:off/ch:off and have Arma2 beta v94444.

Two of us got the 'waiting to create character' on the five or six servers that we tried. Another got into a server.

He was wearing a Ghillie and spawned 3km west of the map. He lost his L85 but didn't bitch, "because it's just a gun and everyone else lost theirs too".

All of his other inventory was intact and he made it back to the map.

I reverted to 1.7.1.5 and was able to login with all inventory intact at my exact last location.

I'll try again later once NA goes to bed.

[/quote']

If you're bored try a suicide run into Chernogorsk. I did and found it invigorating.

Day Z - CB - Race to Cherno - Suicide Mission

SERVER ADMINS

A file called: @hive_0.4.1_contingency.rar

Is being distributed to you. This is a modification of a previous file' date=' to fix the loading issues. It also fixes some other issues. Any server running 1.7.2 should use this file, until further notice.

[b']CLIENTS

You will need to wait until servers have loaded this contingency file before connecting. However, some servers appear to work without it. Go figure. We believe the new beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient) may stop working properly under server load. We will work on this more

Just an FYI - please make sure you notify the hosting companies with installation instructions. Managed servers like ours only have a web interface to install staged patches. I'm guessing this won't fit their normal scripts.