rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Anyone clamoring for a DB wipe thinks that survival means running through Cherno/Elektro and finding beans until they die 20-30 minutes later.

Also' date=' the map glitch is fixed from my previous post. Guess that was an anomaly.

[/quote']

Sorry to dissapoint you, i have allmost everything with my group and it is getting boring really fast. DB wipe would also get rid of the duped weapons and other stuff, wich i belefe is 50% on all Chars ...

So everytime you people get bored just DB wipe only for you?

That's straight up selfish, and unless its completely needed for the survival of the game it shouldn't be done.

Please read before posting, it would help with alle the duplicated guns'n stuff. It is an alpha ur supposed to test, not play the whole day for fun and than log off. It gets boring in terms of shooting serverhoppers on NW-Airfield or Stary ... Thats all im saying.

To further elaborate my point, I roleplay my characters internally. I don't run around spouting superfluous dialogue to everyone, but I do try to live each survival as though -I- have entered a zombie apocalypse.

If a DB wipe was incoming, I would like to see some form of scenario that would make sense. Such as an asteroid hitting a planet already gone to shit. Not just a "well, too many bugs caused a reset" scenario; some compelling reason that not only makes me mourn the loss of my character (not gear, character), but celebrate the chance to start a new chapter.

This isn't a statement of condescension, only one of creative suggestion.

Hopefully that makes sense.

It does. But still: We're in alpha-stage of development. There will be DB-wipes anyway and to be honest, there's no point in creating some ingame-story everytime this will happen. I once died because I walked into a bush. How do bugs fit into such a playstyle? They pretty much do not. I admire your playstyle and would love to do the same thing once this mod goes golden. But at this time we're not near the final DayZ experience I believe. Also, the current ammount of PvP will see most of your lifes end due to a bullet in your belly. Or not? I'm actually curious.

Aaaah... c'mon..

Camo's + NVG are way OP items.

You become invisible, and, besides, if the object of the game is to survive zed hordes, etc etc, camo's are useless.

Camos are just useful to hunt players, that's the truth.

I would be nice without them, don't even like them, uggly and unfair. Already found alot of them.

The only camo I use is the simple one, that make my char look like rambo! lol

Any confirmations of L85? Is it gone or it is some bug?

Really liked that gun in game as being "The Ultimate Luck" to have.

It's actually way to common. Just like the cal .50s

Aaaah... c'mon..

Camo's + NVG are way OP items.

You become invisible' date=' and, besides, if the object of the game is to survive zed hordes, etc etc, camo's are useless.

Camos are just useful to hunt players, that's the truth.

I would be nice without them, don't even like them, uggly and unfair. Already found alot of them.

The only camo I use is the simple one, that make my char look like rambo! lol

[/quote']

The object of the game is to survive the zombie apocalypse, including the human element, thus camo is very useful.

Please do not post messages of support or abuse. Please only post your feedback from having tried the update' date=' or any serious issues.[/b']

The ideal place to load bugs is at the community bug tracker:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

Please make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.

Torrent File (Full Install)

Use Beta patch 94444 or above

Download from http://www.dayzmod.com/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_94444.zip if having trouble with BI site due to demand (thanks Vipeax!)

Build Notes

UPDATE : 9 JULY 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.2

* dayz 1.3.1

* dayz_equip 1.3.4

* dayz_anim 0.3

Developer's Note:

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)

* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)

* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)

* [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)

* [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)

* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

* [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)

* [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue

* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state

* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog

* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)

* [FIXED] Use of "allMissionObjects" causing performance issue on clients (new engine command "entities" used to improve FPS on clients)

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)

* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)

* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation

* [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )

* [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )

* [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )

* [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33998 )

* [FIXED] Dead bodies still have the heart beat for low humanity ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35050 )

* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated

* [NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)

* [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)

Hello,

I have played the new patch and I still am invisible, can't kill myself, can't respawn, and am stuck as my character can't die.

My I have no idea what my character ID is, but my Steam ID is "ds3_TdavisV2". If there is anyway to reset my character I would greatly appreciate the help. I have been like this for nearly 3 weeks and would like to continue playing in the game.

All I know is that I can see other players in the world and zombies, but I can't aggro and don't spawn zombies. I can kill both players and zombies. I keep trying to play to no avail and would really like to again as DayZ is very addicting, challenging, and fun.

If you could please fix this issue and/or reset my character I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tdavis

I bet the people who want a full character wipe arnt the people who have been alive for 20+ days and have tents and cars over heaps of severs and with the best gear.

Please do not post messages of support or abuse. Please only post your feedback from having tried the update' date=' or any serious issues.[/b']

The ideal place to load bugs is at the community bug tracker:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

Please make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.

Torrent File (Full Install)

Use Beta patch 94444 or above

Download from http://www.dayzmod.com/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_94444.zip if having trouble with BI site due to demand (thanks Vipeax!)

Build Notes

UPDATE : 9 JULY 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.2

* dayz 1.3.1

* dayz_equip 1.3.4

* dayz_anim 0.3

Developer's Note:

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)

* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)

* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)

* [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)

* [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)

* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

* [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)

* [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue

* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state

* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog

* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)

* [FIXED] Use of "allMissionObjects" causing performance issue on clients (new engine command "entities" used to improve FPS on clients)

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)

* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)

* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation

* [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )

* [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )

* [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )

* [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33998 )

* [FIXED] Dead bodies still have the heart beat for low humanity ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35050 )

* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated

* [NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)

* [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)

Hello,

I have played the new patch and I still am invisible, can't kill myself, can't respawn, and am stuck as my character can't die.

My I have no idea what my character ID is, but my Steam ID is "ds3_TdavisV2". If there is anyway to reset my character I would greatly appreciate the help. I have been like this for nearly 3 weeks and would like to continue playing in the game.

All I know is that I can see other players in the world and zombies, but I can't aggro and don't spawn zombies. I can kill both players and zombies. I keep trying to play to no avail and would really like to again as DayZ is very addicting, challenging, and fun.

If you could please fix this issue and/or reset my character I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tdavis

Could you try not killing people if your invisible for starts? It's kinda shitty, secondly did you install the newest beta patch correctly?

Our server was updated, as well as I have updated and my friend. We have no issues with weapon or item loss, and all vehicles and tents are intact. THANK YOU FOR FIXING THE NOISE ISSUE OMGZ.

Everything is running smooth as balls now BTW. Me and a friend used to dsync a lot now its all good. THANKS.

Sorry to dissapoint you' date=' i have allmost everything with my group and it is getting boring really fast. DB wipe would also get rid of the duped weapons and other stuff, wich i belefe is 50% on all Chars ...

[/quote']

So everytime you people get bored just DB wipe only for you?

That's straight up selfish, and unless its completely needed for the survival of the game it shouldn't be done.

Please read before posting, it would help with alle the duplicated guns'n stuff. It is an alpha ur supposed to test, not play the whole day for fun and than log off. It gets boring in terms of shooting serverhoppers on NW-Airfield or Stary ... Thats all im saying.

To further elaborate my point, I roleplay my characters internally. I don't run around spouting superfluous dialogue to everyone, but I do try to live each survival as though -I- have entered a zombie apocalypse.

If a DB wipe was incoming, I would like to see some form of scenario that would make sense. Such as an asteroid hitting a planet already gone to shit. Not just a "well, too many bugs caused a reset" scenario; some compelling reason that not only makes me mourn the loss of my character (not gear, character), but celebrate the chance to start a new chapter.

This isn't a statement of condescension, only one of creative suggestion.

Hopefully that makes sense.

It does. But still: We're in alpha-stage of development. There will be DB-wipes anyway and to be honest, there's no point in creating some ingame-story everytime this will happen. I once died because I walked into a bush. How do bugs fit into such a playstyle? They pretty much do not. I admire your playstyle and would love to do the same thing once this mod goes golden. But at this time we're not near the final DayZ experience I believe. Also, the current ammount of PvP will see most of your lifes end due to a bullet in your belly. Or not? I'm actually curious.

I'm praying for a DB wipe - I've been invisible for 3 weeks and spawn in the same place every time i log back in.

The game is busted for me and many others seeing as the invisible people can only talk to each other. We can hunt players as they can't see/shoot/harm us very easily and ruin the game for many.

I don't want to do that - I just want to play the game and have fun in the zombie apocalypse.

I bet the people who want a full character wipe arnt the people who have been alive for 20+ days and have tents and cars over heaps of severs and with the best gear.

stop farming and hording

nuff said

Loaded the new update after I noticed the server I play on updated, using the latest beta patch. Login, get a screen that said "Setup complete, please wait..." followed by me getting into the game, insta-dying and being able to respawn right where I died. Noticed my corpse and myself was missing my ghillie suit, grabbed a spare from the tent, put it on and *POOF* to the ocean with you said DayZ! So yeah got put in the middle of the ocean, lost my backpack and gear and had to respawn, all because of a ghillie suit that I magically lost due to the update to 1.7.2, ugh.

Hello' date='

Thanks,

Tdavis

[/quote']

First of all, make sure you're actually USING the latest beta patch for ARMA2.

When you start the game, at the main menu, it should say there in the bottom right corner 1.60.94444 (or something like that, definitely something with 94444 in it which is the last beta, as I write this)

If it doesn't say that, you either didn't install the patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php (see the link in green bar) or you are starting it using the Steam shortcut.

Start the game using that 6updater program, it should make sure you have the latest beta installed, and the correct dayz version.

Oh, and make sure you actually join servers that are running your version of dayz, 1.7.2 - there are still servers with older versions.

If there's different versions, it's possible to have the issues you experience.

I have a ghillie suit, L85A2 x2 (found 2 at 1 heli crash), NVG, Range Finder, M9 Silenced, every toolbelt item, and a can of pasta...

i want to keep that pasta but im scared of logging in to check if i still have it.

... I think everyone has covered everything, but the main thing is its still not a finished product. Let rocket work on it, if you have a problem say whats wrong. you don't have to go "---- this im quitting" because why would you over 1 small problem Rocket is doing his best. Seriously guys....You are comparing it to Finished games. Relax and enjoy the game, its different that's what games are for relaxation not to get in forums and unleash on other people.

Look i understand people are concerned about losing their Ghillie suits or spawning in the water but can we get back to the REAL issue at hand here.

Whether Z is Zed or Zee.

Let's have a vote - i'm Australian and i say Zed.:P

Not sure if it has been reported here or not, but I noticed with the L85 removal, you still get the zero option + L85 hud in top right corner (while without a primary)... as an additional plus any Stanag round you drop and pick back up while having this bugged state = eaten Stanag rounds, this issue was fixed for me by relogging with a new primary.

R.I.P. L85A2 AWS, Return of The GILLIE!

I have another ghillie suit back at camp, but now I'm afraid to even try and put it on for fear of having to swim with the sharks again =S. Didn't know this was a known issue with the current update. Just thought I'd post my experience as a tester so rocket can know what to look into.

I'm praying for a DB wipe - I've been invisible for 3 weeks and spawn in the same place every time i log back in.

The game is busted for me and many others seeing as the invisible people can only talk to each other. We can hunt players as they can't see/shoot/harm us very easily and ruin the game for many.

I don't want to do that - I just want to play the game and have fun in the zombie apocalypse.

Try walking over some stones or into a certain bush near the Black Lake which managed to kill me for doing so.

Don't you suffer bloodloss from hunger and thirst? maybe just standing idle for a while (or placing some weight on your w-key to speed up the process) might solve your problem?

Try walking over some stones or into a certain bush near the Black Lake which managed to kill me for doing so.

Don't you suffer bloodloss from hunger and thirst? maybe just standing idle for a while (or placing some weight on your w-key to speed up the process) might solve your problem?

or just esc -> respawn

Cammo clothes cause you to loose all main inventory, and weapons, save for tools and backpack.

Joined a server and randomly died after about 2 minutes after joining it...

Zombies spawn in building and stand there like numb-nuts... had zombies spawn UNDERNEATH a deer stand and stand there... kill them and 3 more re-spawn in exact same spot...

Joined another server and died and re-spawned on top of my old body...

Seems things need some ironing out...

Cammo clothes cause you to loose all main inventory' date=' and weapons, save for tools and backpack.

Joined a server and randomly died after about 2 minutes after joining it...

Zombies spawn in building and stand there like numb-nuts... had zombies spawn UNDERNEATH a deer stand and stand there... kill them and 3 more re-spawn in exact same spot...

Joined another server and died and re-spawned on top of my old body...

Seems things need some ironing out...

[/quote']

I thought that's what all this delay was for was ironing out problems, and you'd think the join -> death -> respawn where you died thing would have been a pretty obvious bug during closed testing. :-/

stop farming and hording

nuff said

What are we suppose to do then just sit around and do nothing?