rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

zombies running in houses rofl' date=' fucking idiotic.

[/quote']

Really? Cuz I thought the fact that they didn't when I first started playing was idiotic, lol. Didn't make any sense to me (they run indoors in L4D and every other zombie game), and I assumed it was just a glitch of the ArmA 2 engine.

While you guys are screaming and complaining about the new patch, I would just like to know how to update it.

I updated the patch through 6launcher... It corrupted my arma 2 files so now i cant play with my friends in arma 2 while I wait for the hotfix.... apparently im not the only one also.... Uninstalled arma 2/OA... re-downloading arma.... sweet

A little disconcerting. But how in the world could updating DayZ via 6launcher' date=' even affect or change your actual Arma 2 files?? Shouldn't happen, I wouldn't think! Doesn't it just update DayZ files in the DayZ folder?

[/quote']

6updater/launcher also update the the Arma 2 client to the latest beta that a server says is required to connect to it. That is what is most likely breaking peoples arma 2 install.

yeah but the beta exe is put into a separate folder so you can still run the game 'vanilla'. it shouldn't be an issue if you just start the game normally (without the Six Launcher)

Rocket: if I'm reading your post right, will ghillie suits be disabled for everyone? As in, removed for all players? Or will you just no longer be able to switch clothes? I'm waiting to update as I don't feel like losing my ghillie at the moment, I had to walk around long enough without one ;)

Also, I like looking like a walking weedstick

Is there a place I can go to get 1.7.1.5 files? I would like to roll back the update. They are not on my PC anywhere. I didn't save them....lesson learned.

zombies running in houses rofl' date=' fucking idiotic.

[/quote']

Really? Cuz I thought the fact that they didn't when I first started playing was idiotic, lol. Didn't make any sense to me (they run indoors in L4D and every other zombie game), and I assumed it was just a glitch of the ArmA 2 engine.

people are just mad because they were depending on the 'run into a building' strategy to lose zeds. I tried to warn them...

Can someone please tell me how to update? I haven't got the first clue.

While you guys are screaming and complaining about the new patch' date=' I would just like to know how to update it.

[/quote']

You guys are gonna have to put on your big boy pants, look around the forums and find an install guide.

Otherwise, Xbox 360 just asks you to know your way to the store, and how to open the CD drawer.

Did rocket forget to leave us a way out when you spawn with no weapon?Zeds running in buildings and running up hills removes the two only ways to lose them.

6updater/launcher also update the the Arma 2 client to the latest beta that a server says is required to connect to it. That is what is most likely breaking peoples arma 2 install.

Oh, I know it updates that as well, but many people (myself included) have already been running the latest Arma 2 beta for days now with no issues whatsoever, so that's why I was wondering how just updating DayZ could possibly mess up your base Arma 2. Didn't know the Arma 2 beta was even capable of corrupting anyone's install.

Really? Cuz I thought the fact that they didn't when I first started playing was idiotic' date=' lol. Didn't make any sense to me (they run indoors in L4D and every other zombie game), and I assumed it was just a glitch of the ArmA 2 engine.

[/quote']

My thoughts exactly. Really always assumed it was some sort of glitch within the game engine. Like zeds can grab you through walls, ceilings and stairs.

While you guys are screaming and complaining about the new patch' date=' I would just like to know how to update it.

[/quote']

You guys are gonna have to put on your big boy pants, look around the forums and find an install guide.

Otherwise, Xbox 360 just asks you to know your way to the store, and how to open the CD drawer.

Big boy pants..that's funny. The problem is, I have been looking for a couple of hours. Thanks for the kind reply though.

I see no .exe in any DayZ updates. All i see are files. So idk why you mentioned .msi and .exe files. I may have said program which is my bad. But still' date=' why use a 3rd party program to fetch files for you? When you have the chance of it 'corrupting' the game like they said happened.

[/quote']

i use sixupdater for a good while now and its working perfectly.

why use it? because its easy. why do you drive to work in a car or bus? you could just walk on foot? cars can kill you in an accident any time you know?

i even downloaded 1.7.2 with sixlauncher, i have not been able to connect but let me load up some arma 2 mp mission for you...

yep, arma 2 is working like a charm. dont talk shit about stuff you don't know.

My game stuck's at 'Waiting for character to create'.. Any tips how to fix it?

Just thought I would share the worst of the bugs I have been encountering in DayZ.

The first one is random teleporting of my character to an area I was in roughly 20 minutes ago (usually a building).

Has happened 4-5 times over the last 4 days, about 15hrs game time.

Last time this happed I was on my dirtbike and I just randomly spawn in the zeleno supermarket where I was earlier. All my inventory gear is the same, except I am here and my bike is on the ground wherever I was before. I can't even use vehicles now because of this.

And next is the delay in picking up certain items, car parts and tools mainly. I will look at the item on the ground and scroll to go to gear, but the 'gear' option is not there. The only option I have is to pickup whatever it is, but upon doing this nothing happens, so naturally I spam the shit out of it.

5-10 min later I do the actions of picking something up and it pops into my inventory, and then when I go to put it down it duplicates however many times I spammed the pickup command.

It's a pain in the ass more than anything and I think having some duped wheels in a vehicle got the entire stash of loot wiped, including all my legit non-duped stuff.

Anyone else have problems like this?. Mainly the teleporting because with all the fortifications around I suspect people have been doing the duping with that gear.

Start up the Six Updater (shortcut should be on your desktop)

In the Top Left of the window that opens is a large Button with the text

"Install or Update Mods, and Launch Game"

Choose a DayZ server with 1.7.2 (from the list in the middle)

Then click the button mentioned above.

sounds like a great patch

no L85, no ghillie, zed run in buildings, and the best... bear traps

missing: removing sniper scopes that have zeroing

Hi devs,

Thanks for the great work so far, I am well and truly hooked on this game.

Unfortunately after the 1.7.2 update today I can't access any servers. I use six launcher to enter games. When joining a server the game will either sit at the creating character and load screen or it will let me in and tell me I can't play on the server as I am on version 1.7.2.

Just letting you what the issue is thx for listening.

MaxiPad

Omg.. Bear Traps ftw

[/quote']

Big boy pants..that's funny. The problem is, I have been looking for a couple of hours. Thanks for the kind reply though.

I'm usually a much larger asshole, but it's like... Disqgraced Christmas or something.

I just went to the top forum page, then to 'New Player Discussion'

The second thread is a post by a forum moderator listing helpful threads.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11995

Just because I posted a link for you doesn't mean we're going steady or anything.

Roger, the loading issues are known and we are working on them now.

• Like 1