LieutenantDan

Fairwell, had enough of this

This is bullshit, had a character just get killed about a minute ago. Guy drove up next to me in a uaz, called out over voice that i was friendly and he drove off. Walking through the middle of town, next thing you know im blow to hell by god know what. Great, had tons of resources and ammo and made it all the way north.

Apparently there are no ppl that want to work together in this game, just kill each other. That completely breaks the game for me. I mean the pvp thing is for immersion right? In real life, ppl wouldn't just kill anyone who wasn't a zombie they saw. They would carefully approach them and make an evaluation. Nope not in this game, as soon as they see you, your dead. Could have easily killed this guy as he was driving straight for me. Guess ill just start shooting anyone on sight too? That is what this game has become, its not about zombies at all now. Just killing pvp, which completely ruins the point of playing to me.

Guy who killed me in vybor, congrats to you and the 8 stanag mags and m16a4 w/m203, blood bags, morphine, epi, and all the other stuff i worked so hard to get. Next time i see your truck im blowing it to hell.

Anyone reply saying "u mad bro". answer is simply yes, yes i am

• Like 1

Get friends to play with, it's much more fun that way. Also then you don't have to KoS people as it's much harder for friendly posing bandits to kill the both of you before you react.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Over the past couple of days two very friendly and nice persons in my group were killed with some of the rarest items in the game either due to the sniper suit glitch and being sniped. However I think you'll find it so much more fun if you stick around and try team up with others, this game is great for teamwork. If i see you out on the battlefield I won't shoot you, or anyone unless fire upon however I cannot speak for everyone, there will always been PvP'ers. Its just a matter of minimizing your loses!

So.. You're mad why?

Dying is half the fun in DayZ, having all the good loot is no fun once you realise the only reason you were playing was to collect all that good loot.

• Like 2

I wish getting a decent firearm was much harder in the game. THat's how it would be in real life too. If a real zombie apocalypse happened everyone would seriously not be slinging assault rifles and shotguns. There would probably be groups of people carrying one weapon. Also with lesser weapons people wouldn't kill other people as they needed people with weapons with them to raid cities.

• Like 6

The thing that makes "trying" to make friends and be "friendly" hard is that this guy freaking drove right next to me, saw me and started honking his horn like as if he was ok with me being so close. I get up and start walking over to him and he drives off. I used my mic, like every player should have, and called out friendly. Ok i don't see him anymore, i thought ok this guy doesn't trust me, cant blame him with all the pvp killing. I start walking through town hear an explosion and thought, maybe he crashed his uaz trying to get the heck out of dodge. Nope, he was firing grenades at me and missed the first shot. Sure got me the second time though. I guess im done trying to make friends like i intended to do. Just going to kill everything i see move like an COD playing 10 year old. That is what this game is now. No friends just enemies.

Edit: unless you team up before your in-game. Making friends in-game is no longer an option. But it kind of breaks immersion to me in a way. I mean how do you make friends before you meet them? If anyone wants to team up or let me into a group, i play in the dallas servers.

Walking through the middle of town

Don't do that

• Like 1

IF you think everyone wants to be friendly with you and buddy up with you, you're going to have a bad time.

People WILL KILL YOU for your things if you give them the chance. Do not give them the chance to do so. I will never, ever, interact with ANY other player in DayZ, unless I am using them to my advantage. Which is very rarely. Yes, I'm evil and cruel. But I survive the longest! And there is good reason for that.

Only rule in Cherno: Do not get attached to your gear, as it will not get attached to you.

• Like 2

The thing that makes "trying" to make friends and be "friendly" hard is that this guy freaking drove right next to me' date=' saw me and started honking his horn like as if he was ok with me being so close. I get up and start walking over to him and he drives off. I used my mic, like every player should have, and called out friendly. Ok i don't see him anymore, i thought ok this guy doesn't trust me, cant blame him with all the pvp killing. I start walking through town hear an explosion and thought, maybe he crashed his uaz trying to get the heck out of dodge. Nope, he was firing grenades at me and missed the first shot. Sure got me the second time though. I guess im done trying to make friends like i intended to do. Just going to kill everything i see move like an COD playing 10 year old. That is what this game is now. No friends just enemies.

Edit: unless you team up before your in-game. Making friends in-game is no longer an option. But it kind of breaks immersion to me in a way. I mean how do you make friends before you meet them? If anyone wants to team up or let me into a group, i play in the dallas servers.

[/quote']

I normally play in the New York servers even though I am English, The best remedy to this problem your having is to not get caught out in the open with other plays about, and if you do. Get to the nearest hiding spot to scurry away or hide and call out. I have come across people before who respond to the call out positively so don't give up hope yet!

You lost your gear? So.

Get over yourself.

Also are you retarded, why would you think walking through a town is a good idea? And then you complain about people killing you constantly, oh ok.

• Like 1

Only rule in Cherno: Do not get attached to your gear' date=' as it will not get attached to you.

[/quote']

Losing the gear isn't the issue to me. Interacting with other players is. The only interacting ppl do is kill or be killed. That is simply it. Sure if your friends before in-game and prepare to team up but i don't have any friends that play pc.

They should make it to where the more players you kill/murder the fewer ammo resources spawn onto the map, creating more of a balance for the ppl who just started with a flashlight and the guys with the L85A2 with freaking thermal that can spot ppl a mile away. Of course there is no "balance" in dayz because its supposed to be "realistic".

I'm only friendly towards my squad. When I first joined this game, I always planned on being friendly towards everyone but I just kept getting shot. I now have a new motto.. "Kill or be killed."

Only trust your friends man, simple as.

Only rule in Cherno: Do not get attached to your gear' date=' as it will not get attached to you.

[/quote']

Losing the gear isn't the issue to me. Interacting with other players is. The only interacting ppl do is kill or be killed. That is simply it. Sure if your friends before in-game and prepare to team up but i don't have any friends that play pc.

They should make it to where the more players you kill/murder the fewer ammo resources spawn onto the map, creating more of a balance for the ppl who just started with a flashlight and the guys with the L85A2 with freaking thermal that can spot ppl a mile away. Of course there is no "balance" in dayz because its supposed to be "realistic".

No, actually. The only interacting isn't kill or be killed, all because you've had bad experiences with Day Z, doesn't mean you should go OH YEAH SHOOT ME ON SIGHT, I'M GONNA DO IT TO EVERYONE NOW. Be more cautious and honestly you deserve to be shot if you thought walking through the middle of town was a good idea.

"Just going to kill everything i see move like an COD playing 10 year old. That is what this game is now. No friends just enemies."

"Everyone else is a jerk to me! So I'll be a jerk to everyone else to further my point!"

Yes - I see what you did there.

That's the way it goes... See my signature, below.

This is not the game for you if you feel this strongly after dying, and you come here to post.

If, after reflection, you still feel the same, then you really SHOULD go.

I'm sorry if it seems offensive, but it would be best to check in maybe when beta happens, if that's the course plotted.

This game is about exactly that, losing it all and feeling some excitement at starting over.

Other games cater to gear hoarding and upgrading to have gear the more you progress. This one does not.

• Like 1

You lost your gear? So.

Get over yourself.

Also are you retarded' date=' why would you think walking through a town is a good idea? And then you complain about people killing you constantly, oh ok.

[/quote']

Are you retarded? I understand this is a military sim but if i should fear walking through town then it destroys the point of the mod. The point of the mod isn't for pvp killing. Its about survival and zombies along with interacting with pvp. If everyone wants to kill you then whats the point? I know this isn't real life but its supposed to be immersive and in what world would ppl just kill everyone that wasn't a zombie? There would definitely be ppl forming up with one another to survive. But nope, i forgot this is a game where everyone wants to kill each other because its fake. If this is the way the mod continues, its ruined for me.

Unfortunately for you, you made some glaring mistakes--it's not about KOS or COD kiddies.

You saw him, he saw you, you let him out of your sights.

You walked the same way he was heading placing you and him in the same area of operation, without knowing for certain if either of you were truly "friendly".

You visibly had decent gear, and "walked through town".

Personally, I prefer to watch and avoid, but if I had been that other guy, I would have blown you up too because you didn't walk away and you were in my area clearly armed, and thus, a threat. Meeting people on the outskirts of a town, or in the middle of a town is asking for trouble. Anxieties are high, and food is precious.

Learn from this death--there are good people out there, and more often than not, you'll never meet them because they'll see you, watch you, and track you until you're no longer a threat and then withdraw. You're more than likely not going to find a "friendly" by walking up on people and screaming HELLO into your mic.

That's the way it goes... See my signature' date=' below.

This is not the game for you if you feel this strongly after dying, and you come here to post.

If, after reflection, you still feel the same, then you really SHOULD go.

I'm sorry if it seems offensive, but it would be best to check in maybe when beta happens, if that's the course plotted.

This game is about exactly that, losing it all and feeling some excitement at starting over.

Other games cater to gear hoarding and upgrading to have gear the more you progress. This one does not.

[/quote']

Im beginning to think ppl are misunderstanding my point im trying to make. I could care less about dying and starting over. I have done it about 15 times now and i don't get attached to my "stuff".

My point is that i can't seem to come across anyone that won't just shoot me. The big majority, it seems, of the ppl playing the game have absolutely 0 trust. Reason being anyone you see wants to kill you and take your stuff. Alot of ppl like to hoard stuff and play the game for the stuff and not for the experience. PPl get the good guns and just want to show them off like any other game.

Other games cater to hoarding things and getting good gear, and i understand this isn't that game, but it sure attracts those kind of players. Maybe its a stoke of bad luck for me but those are the only ppl i have come across and it has cost me every time. Name of the game should be deathmatchz

lol i think the OP has a very good point... and i dont think anyone on here gets it..maybe foxfall kinda gets it, but thats it. Why is this game purely about killing everything in your site, and trying to hoarde your gear? If you read the OP the guy stopped the car, pretty much looked at him and they had a one sided convo..then he drives off and starts shooting at him? thats very nice :/ thats just like when i find ammo and have no gun, and i have my flashlight out and a zed and a person approches me so i salute the person and instead of turning to shoot the zed he takes a min to think about and then shoots me... how thoughtful of him <3

Ok so the fan based dropped by one.

I guess the yog-tards are already leaving. YAY.