Sign in to follow this  
Gauche

Mountain Dew??

Cherno was full of good stuff today. Found some Mountain Dew. I assume it's the same other soda (quenches thirst) but I've never seen it before, always finding coke and pepsi. Anyone else seen this? Anything special about it?

Yes mountain dew is in the game. I believe Rocket contacted several big companies (Coca-cola, Pepsi, Mountain dew) to ask for permission to use them in DayZ. Coca-Cola and Pepsi never answered, but Mountain Dew did. Coke and Pepsi will be removed from the game later on i believe, not sure though.

Apparently people use Mountain Dew as a trading item, as it is quite rare.

I have yet to find one...

It's considered a delicacy in Day Z, it has a lower spawn rate than NVG's, or at least it used to.

Yes mountain dew is in the game. I believe Rocket contacted several big companies (Coca-cola' date=' Pepsi, Mountain dew) to ask for permission to use them in DayZ. Coca-Cola and Pepsi never answered, but Mountain Dew did. Coke and Pepsi will be removed from the game later on i believe, not sure though.

[/quote']

First I'm hearing about his, but I know people that work for Pepsi and I believe they own Mountain Dew.

If they say no to coke, id say just change the name to something similar.

If they say no to coke' date=' id say just change the name to something similar.

[/quote']

Dr. Pepper?

It's totally a hacked item, yes... Hacked... Yes, thats it... Totally... Hey. You should drink it. You know... To get rid of it... By my lack of proof and surely trusting word as a DayZ Player, you'll totally believe me! ... Right?

Maybe I can just take that off your hands to 'get rid' of it...

I always drink mountain dew before I go into a fire fight, gives me super natural strength.

I believe Pepsi and Coke are paying Rocket for the advertisment, but Mountain Dew is paying less therefor you dont see it as much in game. lmao thats just what I think. I dont see why else there would be brand name things in the game, like how the beans say Heinz on them etc.

I don't know what's so special about it, apparently people keep it in their backpacks because it is so rare. I found one in a church in my first 10mins of playing and just drank it.

My mate thinks they are worth something because they are rare, I just laugh at him, they are just like any other drink. They do exactly the same thing.

Apparently there is some tracker somewhere that logs how many people have Mountain Dew in their pack. I think it was only .5% of people playing have one. So if you are looking for rare items to waste bag slots on then pick it up. Maybe you will find some secret club and you can only get into it by having a MD in your pack, who knows.

Cherno was full of good stuff today. Found some Mountain Dew. I assume it's the same other soda (quenches thirst) but I've never seen it before' date=' always finding coke and pepsi. Anyone else seen this? Anything special about it?

[/quote']

If you are in russia, you rarely see a Mountain Dew. You will see a large number of Pepsi's and Coca Cola..

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Soda_Can

Update.... I drank the mountain dew :s. after you guys saying how rare it was I was so sad to do it. But I was dying. As dumb as it sounds, I could not find any drinks for the life of me. I had a canteen but it glitches out of my inventory or something. I waited till I was actually bleeding out from thirst but had to do it after that.

To celebrate drinking it, I ran ass naked through a field screaming " this is how we dew " to lure about 10 zombies into a barn and hack them to pieces with my dew strength.

I've actually found the rarest drink in the game before the Diet Double Dew.

Had one in game, never irl.

I've never seen one, hope it's not just a urban legend :( It's pretty well established item in wiki & here though, so I have my fingers crossed to someday find one.

OMFG It's rare??? I've seen more mountain dews than pepsis... honestly... I always find coke, found 1 mountain dews and 0 pepsis...

And,

...it's not only refreshing, but it also helps to prevent touth decay. No added sugars, only natural ingredients.