Sign in to follow this  
Gauche

Mountain Dew??

Isn't Mountain Dew rumoured to be a taboo? Like people die horribly when they have MD in their bag, or at least that's what I've heard. This happened to a friend.. he found and picked up MD, only to later be sniped in a forest while our group of 5 were moving towards Stary.

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12470&page=2

PS: I know it's a bit of fun :p

Isn't Mountain Dew rumoured to be a taboo? Like people die horribly when they have MD in their bag' date=' or at least that's what I've heard. This happened to a friend.. he found and picked up MD, only to later be sniped in a forest while our group of 5 were moving towards Stary.

[/quote']

Actually this happened to me the other day..

I found my first ever Mountain Dew after 114 hours played, and got sniped from out of nowhere shortly after.

Like I said, 114 hours.. I don't just get sniped out of nowhere very often anymore..

Next time I find one, I'm drinking it on the spot. I'm hoping I'll start pissing out gold and rainbows or something. :)

I just found one in a church, I don't remember the name of the town I was in but it was south of the airfield.

I actually have one in my backpack at this very moment. Doubt anyone would even consider trading this item for an NVG or anything like that.

Rocket told me at Rezzed that he'll be removing brand name products and replacing them with generic 'soda' and 'beans' etc in the future, so he doesn't get sued. Whether this includes Mountain Dew or not is yet to be seen.

Isn't Mountain Dew rumoured to be a taboo? Like people die horribly when they have MD in their bag' date=' or at least that's what I've heard. This happened to a friend.. he found and picked up MD, only to later be sniped in a forest while our group of 5 were moving towards Stary.

[/quote']

I hadn't thought of that. Someone should hit up the "Dayz Urban Legends" thread!

And in fact... Early on in one of my first lives I DID find a Mountain Dew.

I was shot by a bandit behind a shed shortly thereafter!

That's too bad if rocket has to get rid of brand names. I think it's quite fun having something like mountain dew. It's not extremely beneficial but is famous because it is rare, and I don't know whether people actually have traded it but theoretically it is the perfect currency because of its rarity.

Last week I found 2 MDs in the same low-yield house. Go figure. Still have both in my pack.

What!!?? Oh man, I've played this game at least 4 times a week for hours each time for the last 4-5 weeks

No Dews for me.... i suxor...