Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.25 (Change Log)

21 минуту назад Кияра сказал:

Вы проверили настройки звука?
Вы на экспериментальных серверах?

да

4 minutes ago, Alexander_Ustenko said:

да

Используй всё же английский, пожалуйста.

Better use English pls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Alexander_Ustenko said:

да

In that case, please, create a ticket here.

3 hours ago, sanguine00 said:

There are multiple ways of looking at this and I wish the DayZ developers would be more open to that.

You may think you are inherently mitigating these attacks by forcing the client to choose an ephemeral source port, but what you're actually doing is forcing hosters to open up the entire range of ephemeral source ports in order for legitimate clients to connect.  This will allow attackers to amplify their attacks and potentially fly under the radar by sending smaller packets sourced from dozens of ports from a single IP address. We see attacks like this all the time and given a DayZ protocol-specific attack sourced from a large enough botnet, it will crash the server process before mitigation can kick in, assuming mitigation has any effect at all. 

I am the owner of a DayZ server hosting service and these changes will be neither bad nor good. In some cases, despite the port being hardcoded to 2304, users could reach a server with a completely different source port because some routers modify the source port to transmit data. This led to "WaitAuthPlayerLoginState" errors when filtering was based on the source port. Here's (below) a screenshot of the BERCon console on a client server where the source port is very different from one player to another. Filtering the connection according to the source port (via a basic rule in the firewall) is impossible with or without these changes. (And this is normal)

BERCon Console (Screnshot)

I can't see the relevance of such a change, but maybe I'm missing something in my thinking. (It might be worth trying to develop countermeasures against attacks using Source Engine Query. But I think the only solution is to filter them upstream, I don't know if it's possible on the software side to reduce their impact)

• Like 2

PC Experimental 1.25 Update 3 - Version 1.25.158042 (Release on 03.05.2024)

NOTES

• With this update, we have replaced the previously used Experimental branch for the DayZ Tools on Steam with a separate DayZ Experimental Tools app for easier accessibility.

GAME

CHANGED

• Cleanup of soundtrack files

20 hours ago, Draowyr said:

I am the owner of a DayZ server hosting service and these changes will be neither bad nor good. In some cases, despite the port being hardcoded to 2304, users could reach a server with a completely different source port because some routers modify the source port to transmit data. This led to "WaitAuthPlayerLoginState" errors when filtering was based on the source port. Here's (below) a screenshot of the BERCon console on a client server where the source port is very different from one player to another. Filtering the connection according to the source port (via a basic rule in the firewall) is impossible with or without these changes. (And this is normal)

I can't see the relevance of such a change, but maybe I'm missing something in my thinking. (It might be worth trying to develop countermeasures against attacks using Source Engine Query. But I think the only solution is to filter them upstream, I don't know if it's possible on the software side to reduce their impact)

We have found that rougly 20% or so of our players have routers which change the source port as part of the NAT process. When we are under specific attacks which use multiple random source ports per IP to amplify the attack, we are able to mitigate it by setting the Edge firewall of our provider to block all source ports other than 2304. This is at to cost of those 20% of players not being able to connect. It's better than the alternative of the server repeatedly crashing.

Of course, it would be better to have DayZ protocol-specific protection at the provider level so none of this matters, but I don't know of any reasonably-priced, trustworthy bare-metal providers in the US that provide that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Draowyr said:

This is a non-issue. We're aware of the fact that small numbers of players (roughly 5-10%) on non-standard internet connections (primarily campus internet, VPNs, mobile internet, etc - essentially anything which uses PAT) are impacted during an attack by this mitigation technique. A disruption to 5-10% of the playerbase during an attack is objectively less harmful than a disruption to 100% of the playerbase during attacks, which would additionally then be significantly easier to perform.

We're also not talking about Source Query attacks here at all. This is an issue for **gameport** attacks, where malicious junk UDP traffic is indistinguishable from the encrypted DayZ traffic to anything other than the server process. Essentially we're being left with no option to mitigate attacks aside from hooking into the server process, breaking the first stage used to handshake the keys, and then communicating said keys to... what exactly? Is Bohemia planning on announcing they're getting into the hardware business and providing edge routers?

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 6:21 PM, Draowyr said:

I continuously have this "WaitAuthPlayerLoginState" error when logging into servers, sometimes taking more than 4 or 5 attempts and 3 minutes to log in. Do you know if this might fix it? Here the ticket for it https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175043 it's been happening since almost a year ago. @Kyiara?

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Nolhek said:

I continuously have this "WaitAuthPlayerLoginState" error when logging into servers, sometimes taking more than 4 or 5 attempts and 3 minutes to log in. Do you know if this might fix it? Here the ticket for it https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175043 it's been happening since almost a year ago. @Kyiara? 

Geez is right that most of the time it comes from the user side. It happens to me from time to time with DayZ after a network change (from home Internet to 4G for example). However, I have received complaints from some of my customers about this problem. I use very precise firewall rules that are not supposed to cause problems and yet this error continues to occur with some customers.

I have the advantage of using a Failover IP for DayZ servers. This means I can switch the server concerned to the machine's primary IP (which is definitely not ideal) to escape the firewall rules in place by having no rules associated with the IP, making the firewall completely open. Doing this on the servers concerned solved the problem for the customers concerned.

Don't hesitate to send me a private message if this problem still occurs regularly on your side. We'll try to reproduce the problem on one of my servers to produce a more accurate report for the DayZ development team. This problem seems complex and rather incomprehensible, but if we can reproduce it will be easier for the team to fix it.

Edited by Draowyr
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Nolhek said:

Hi, as mentioned in the ticket you sent, this is usually happening when:

• Your PC is too slow to handle the processing in time
  • Your internet is too slow to send the data in time
  • The server is too slow to process the received data in time

Or a combination of all of the above.

____
I suggest to open a ticket on the feedback tracker. This info will be needed:

• send dxdiag
  • what network connection solution are you using
    • cable
    • wi-fi
    • something more specific
  • how fast is your connection via test site
  • what region are you from
  • name of the server you tried to connect to
  • plus time and date of connection attempt

Ideally you should try first to connect to official vanilla server near your region without any additional mods active.

On 5/7/2024 at 6:07 PM, Kyiara said:

Hi, as mentioned in the ticket you sent, this is usually happening when:

• Your PC is too slow to handle the processing in time
  • Your internet is too slow to send the data in time
  • The server is too slow to process the received data in time

Or a combination of all of the above. 

I'm not entirely sure about this, or I need some explanation as to which of these is slow:
-Server:
CPU: Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 x2
RAM: 128Gb DDR4 3200MHz Micron ECC Reg (MTA72ASS16G72LZ-3G2B3) x 4
ROM: 22Tb SAS WD Ultrastar DC HC570 (0F48052) x8
RAID: LSI 9361-8i 2Gb SGL (LSI00462)
-PC:
OS: Windows 11 Pro, downloaded from MSN and activated naturally with the key from Microsoft that they offer for an MSN subscription.
CPU: Intel Core i9 - 14900KS
RAM: 96Gb DDR5 6400MHz Kingston Fury Renegade Silver RGB (KF564C32RSAK2-96) x 2
ROM: SSD 7.68Tb Micron 5300 Pro (MTFDDAK7T6TDS)
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gigabyte 12Gb LHR (GV-N3060GAMING OC-12GD 2.0)
10GbE local network based on MikroTik CCR1072-1G-8S+. Yes, the server and PC are on the same local network and connected to the same equipment.

Which of these is slow, since I encounter a similar error consistently every two to four weeks?

17 hours ago, Infernales said:

Which of these is slow, since I encounter a similar error consistently every two to four weeks?

As mentioned above. The best would be to create the ticket with the mentioned info.
That is the starting point for the team to further investigate.

11 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

As mentioned above. The best would be to create the ticket with the mentioned info.
That is the starting point for the team to further investigate.

Well, I wrote to you, give it to the developers. If you need any logs or something else, then no one is stopping you or them from writing me in a private message. I wrote to you and Impulz that if you need something, write: I will help as much as I can.

Hm, by the way, I think it would be fair enough to give access to the DayZ Frostline to those ones who had DayZ Livonia because of in future patch Livonia became free coz who needs that "amazing soundtrack".

I'd went mad from that sounds and simply replaced that nonsense music with better sounds. Lord if I wished to be moread I'd took the fruty loop and made some same nonsense sounds but thanks I have enough headache in real life...

PC Experimental 1.25 Update 4 - Version 1.25.158099 (Release on 14.05.2024)

NOTES

• With this update, we have replaced the previously used Experimental branch for the DayZ Tools on Steam with a separate DayZ Experimental Tools app for easier accessibility.

GAME

ADDED

• Additional ambient music tracks for specific locations

FIXED

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Kyiara said:

NOTES

GAME

ADDED

FIXED

What was the issue with de3536 on Experimental? My stash is gone...

20 hours ago, Kyiara said:

ADDED

Hello @Kyiara, I have some questions regarding the soundtrack if you don't mind.

1. Can you share which locations received their own tracks in this most recent update?

2. After this update, is the soundtrack now complete? (for Chernarus) or are there even more tracks coming to it in the future?

3. Once the soundtrack is complete (if it isn't already) will the tracks be uploaded to the official DayZ youtube channel, in a similar fashion to Sumrak's Namalsk soundtrack video?

Thank you.

22 hours ago, Jajsjdj Kdkdjdjdjs said:

What was the issue with de3536 on Experimental? My stash is gone...

Hi, can you please let me know the date and time?

16 hours ago, Jevez said:

Hello @Kyiara, I have some questions regarding the soundtrack if you don't mind.

1. Can you share which locations received their own tracks in this most recent update?

2. After this update, is the soundtrack now complete? (for Chernarus) or are there even more tracks coming to it in the future?

3. Once the soundtrack is complete (if it isn't already) will the tracks be uploaded to the official DayZ youtube channel, in a similar fashion to Sumrak's Namalsk soundtrack video?

Thank you.

1. I will get back to you on this

2. Future updates to the soundtrack are expected.

3. The soundrack will be available via Steam, there are currently no plans to upload it on Youtube.

• Like 2

Can someone explain to me the wisdom of putting a soundtrack into a game where listening out for other player's movements are so important?

I mean, really, a soundtrack is absolutely the last thing this game needs.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Can someone explain to me the wisdom of putting a soundtrack into a game where listening out for other player's movements are so important? 

I mean, really, a soundtrack is absolutely the last thing this game needs.

The soundtrack was one of the best additions they COULD make.

Takes up comparably tiny dev-team resources while exciting me personally a whole lot, and cranking up enjoyment of the gameplay a ton.

Yes helicopters, ragdoll and bicycles would be better, but they COULD not do that. right now.

It actually makes me want to play the game a lot, and get immersed in the emo apocalypse 🙂

And I think they did a good job making it sound like *soft background* music, so that it disturbs your hearing of footsteps as little as possible.

I am willing to have it play, knowing that I need to hear peoples footsteps.

And If I really care about hearing everything I may turn it off.

In 2012 the original soundtrack was a huge part of what made the experience and created memories.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 5/14/2024 at 1:35 AM, Kyiara said:

NOTES

GAME

ADDED

FIXED

mom im on the tv

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2024 at 7:45 PM, Jevez said:

Here you go 🙂 

• Coastline, contaminated areas (different day and night tracks)
  • Tisy base (Chernarus)
  • Sila factory (Livonia)
  • Dambog underground (Livonia)
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

Here you go 🙂 

• Coastline, contaminated areas (different day and night tracks)
  • Tisy base (Chernarus)
  • Sila factory (Livonia)
  • Dambog underground (Livonia)

Thanks for the reply. I am kinda confused though as those areas already had their own tracks after the second update (Exp 1.25 Update 2 - Version 1.25.158033 (Release on 02.05.2024) (or I know Tisy did at least as I heard it in-game).

When reading "Additional ambient music tracks for specific locations" in Update 4, I assumed that some new locations were receiving their own tracks (like the airfield for example) but I guess what that actually meant was that even more tracks were added to those same areas that already had some after Update 2?

Please, add an uption to upgrade the assault-helmet and plate carrier. The game keeps getting 1-2 shot weapons, but all the gear have been so fucking shit and weak. A helmet that can tank 3 mosin/VSD rounds and a more powerful plate carrier that can tank atleast 2-3 more high-powered rounds. The weapons in the game are EXTREMELY easy to aim with (basically the accuracy is way too high & way too little punishment when shooting). It gets boring really fast when you reach "high-tier" gear which basically just means "one-shot weapons regardless of the shitty gear".