herd

Silent fix reducing loot spawns after vehicles cleanup [2012-07-06]

So today a "Out of bounds item/vehicles cleanup [2012-07-06]"

was performed.

Me and my friend noticed even LESS loot spawning today. Only tin cans. Everywhere. Only tin cans.

It seems that empty tin cans are spawn more often and we find even less useable things then before (i.e. yesterday)

Was it a silent hotfix to test out players reaction?

update:

So me and my friend are playing for 2h now and cant find ANY weapon. We play on almost empty servers looting cherno and electro. Only TIN CANS.

I haven't noticed anything...

I went through like 5 buildings, found nothing but a Czech backpack

maybe you got lucky

I haven't noticed anything...

I went through like 5 buildings' date=' found nothing but a Czech backpack

maybe you got lucky

[/quote']

nah i meant we find only tin cans today. NO loot at all

played 2 hours now, run through elektro and cherno, got no weapon, no food. 1 pepsi. all trash loot. couple of ammo. totally confused...

I found a couple of backpacks earlier today, but they were the only things in an otherwise empty supermarket. Strangely, every deerstand I've checked in the past 3 days have been either empty or had a g17 in it.

found heli crashsite and a bizon... nothing in barracks in nwaf tho

Notice the "play[ing] on almost empty servers part"..

That's your problem.

Are they doing silent updates on us??I swear that all of a sudden I can't run far without panting like crazy and slowing down alot compared to how I remember it.I like it this way.....if its even different than that way than I just like it.;)

I've also noticed this. And I'm not playing on empty servers.... More and more even in barns n stuff all I see is trash loot.

I haven't looted in a day or two. I've been playing with my friend, and the only thing I did was give him old double-barreled shotgun. I haven't seen a deer stand or an open building since then.

Same as epic. been in the woods the last 2 days finding myself, well myself and a bunch of tents... Just wish my loot wouldn't despawn in my car

Do you double check areas that you went thru 5 - 10 minutes prior?

I have noticed that upon server restarts that most loot requires a player to have been thru the area. Not sure this is how it works, but when I search several buildings and end up with mostly trash loot, I then turn around and head back thru all the areas I was just at and new loot has spawned.

Similar to how if you drive a vehicle into a town there are no infected for about 1 minute before I am surrounded by infected.

As I said I am not sure if this is intended or if it is a bug, since it seems as loot should be spawning prior to a player entering an area, if it needs new loot.

Another thing I have done is to empty loot piles of all loot including trash loot and move it out of a building to cause the Mod to realize that there is no loot in a loot pile.

So basically if you are the first player/players to enter an area that has not seen another player since server restart, more than likely you are not going to find much good loot.

Over the last 2 days I have died and respawned many times and every time I was able to get everything I needed to go head into the wilderness and live off the land. Stupidly I choose to help other newcomers to the game in my community, and end up dying trying to get others all decked out.

Found 2 ghillie suits a FN FAL with nightvision scope a Bizon a Czech Pack an Alice Pack and all sorts of food and drink today.

edit* all of that within the span of 2 hours on 1 server.

Do you double check areas that you went thru 5 - 10 minutes prior?

I have noticed that upon server restarts that most loot requires a player to have been thru the area. Not sure this is how it works' date=' but when I search several buildings and end up with mostly trash loot, I then turn around and head back thru all the areas I was just at and new loot has spawned.

Similar to how if you drive a vehicle into a town there are no infected for about 1 minute before I am surrounded by infected.

As I said I am not sure if this is intended or if it is a bug, since it seems as loot should be spawning prior to a player entering an area, if it needs new loot.

Another thing I have done is to empty loot piles of all loot including trash loot and move it out of a building to cause the Mod to realize that there is no loot in a loot pile.

So basically if you are the first player/players to enter an area that has not seen another player since server restart, more than likely you are not going to find much good loot.

Over the last 2 days I have died and respawned many times and every time I was able to get everything I needed to go head into the wilderness and live off the land. Stupidly I choose to help other newcomers to the game in my community, and end up dying trying to get others all decked out.

[/quote']

http://memegenerator.net/instance/23081679

Notice the "play[ing] on almost empty servers part"..

That's your problem.

LOL? There were 5 people in it meaning they didnt loot all the map.

I drove with my friend right now for 1-2h checking different cities - very few loot. Ofc there are ammo and bandages. But after 1-2h we managed to find 3 enfield and a DB shotgun + AKM on the deer stand.

We checked counless of barns and other medium to high value POIs.

Very few weapons and ammo.

ps. whats weird we found a volga vehicle in perfect condition in cherno! lolwhat? Also a flipped quad that we tried to flip back but it skyrocket to the skies .((

I drove with my friend right now for 1-2h checking different cities - very few loot. Ofc there are ammo and bandages. But after 1-2h we managed to find 3 enfield and a DB shotgun + AKM on the deer stand.

We checked counless of barns and other medium to high value POIs.

Very few weapons and ammo.

ps. whats weird we found a volga vehicle in perfect condition in cherno! lolwhat? Also a flipped quad that we tried to flip back but it skyrocket to the skies .((

Meaning there weren't people around for the building to start spawning loot. And that the reason they're empty is usually either because they are a night server, or are slow and have not been restarted (meaning loot spawns can be messed).

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=686&pid=6313#pid6313 Scroll to the bottom.

I got my alice pack today. Some much ak ammo i left most. Got quite a few morphines from deer stands. Seems fine to me.

Meaning there weren't people around for the building to start spawning loot. And that the reason they're empty is usually either because they are a night server' date=' or are slow and have not been restarted (meaning loot spawns can be messed).

[/quote']

Nah, the loot spawns near any player, including yourself. And the loot was spawning - tin cans

Paranoia :) no there havent been any silent hotfixes to loot spawns.

Dont know, never saw a supermarket full of tin cans! Or any other red building same thing.

Paranoia :) no there havent been any silent hotfixes to loot spawns.

Than did something get affected by the cleanup or something?

I've been finding the exact same loot everywhere that isn't full of tin cans

It usually consists of: Flares, Chemlights, Bolts, Watches and Drinks

I loot piled the Cherno supermarket twice, only to have this huge, giant pile of empty cans.

Had a similar problem yesterday...

Went thorugh Vybor supermarket.. Nothing at all. went through a few houses in Vybor heading down to Pustoshka... nothing.

Went to the factory in between Vybor & Pustoshka, found tin cans and a can of coke.

Went to Pustoshka supermarket and found nothing again.

Dont know' date=' never saw a supermarket full of tin cans! Or any other red building same thing.

[/quote']

The gameserver fixes item spawns, so this is entirely unrelated as the code didn't change.